2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jed is a great get for you guys. One of the worst delistings I've ever seen from our club.
Always thought Jed was a solid AFL player.
He’s absolutely an upgrade on a couple of players we still have on our list.
Was it purely because he and the new coach didn’t see eye to eye as has been rumoured?

Always thought Jed was a solid AFL player.
He’s absolutely an upgrade on a couple of players we still have on our list.
Was it purely because he and the new coach didn’t see eye to eye as has been rumoured?
Contract lotto I think once we brought Greenwood in. His position is one of the few we actually have depth in and that we need to start giving youngsters some game time in. He still would've been our fourth best midfielder after Cunnington, Simpkin, LDU, and we need to give time to Thomas, Phillips, Powell, and eventually Wardlaw. Our list balance is ****ed though, and he was the first older midfielder that was out of contract. One of him or Greenwood had to go regardless of who coaches us, and the latter had a contract for two years.

I started following TT on insta back when I heard there was a chance he was coming to the suns. He literally had reels up of himself training for 2 weeks while the trade period was on then as soon as it was done he was straight back on the fashion and social stuff. He was clearly trying to sell himself but seems no one was buying it.

I'm feeling bullish about 2023, we will end up with 3 great academy draft picks in: Jed Walter, Ethan Read and Jake Rogers and we are bringing in a BIG fish or two. Couple this with a strong core of talent in: Anderson, Rowell, Miller, Ballard and King. We have just brought in Humphrey who looks the goods and is a natural leader. We are definitely heading in the right direction to well and truly compete for a flag. I know the loss of Rankine hurts but I think we definitely can cover it with Jeffrey, Rosas and now Humphrey.

I'm feeling bullish about 2023, we will end up with 3 great academy draft picks in: Jed Walter, Ethan Read and Jake Rogers and we are bringing in a BIG fish or two. Couple this with a strong core of talent in: Anderson, Rowell, Miller, Ballard and King. We have just brought in Humphrey who looks the goods and is a natural leader. We are definitely heading in the right direction to well and truly compete for a flag. I know the loss of Rankine hurts but I think we definitely can cover it with Jeffrey, Rosas and now Humphrey.
Speaking to a bunch of relatives today who are all Brisbane Lions members and they are all looking forward to watching us play next year, think we’re starting to look good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could Jed Anderson become officially Suns today?
The pre-season supplemental selection period window opens on Monday, December 5 and runs until February 15.

My best 22 in March is similar (including Andrew, Davies, Rosas, Hollands, Flanders, Jeffrey) - 24 years 9 months and 76.5 games.

It's a bit of a nothing graph, grandfinalists from last year on either side of us.. we can have 15 young first rounders and the rest 28 year old list cloggers but unless 7 of those list cloggers step up and perform at afl level, and our first rounders (Andrew, Rosas, Hollands, Humphrey) can beat their man then we won't improve

Gold Coast, at pick No.5, wanted Humphrey to get through but also weighed up a trade. The Bombers approached the Suns and eyed off a future first-round pick to slide back a spot, and Gold Coast considered the cost of a move to ensure it got its man. If they found themselves in competition with the Demons for pick No.4, the Suns could have thrown in a future second-rounder to jump a position, with the Bombers knowing they weren't considering the same players.
Humphrey was keen for a move to the Suns, who had also visited Ginbey in Western Australia a week out from the draft and would have grabbed him if Humphrey was off the board. Clark was next of their group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back