Training Preseason 2022/23 Talk & Media/Social Media etc.

Which of these players do you think will be selected in the Crows' Round 1 team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Welsh? A midfielder? He's a key forward.
He’s currently 189cm tall…

He’d wanna grow a half a dozen to a dozen more cm’s before he ends up being a Key Forward in the AFL.. which is possible.

There’s no reason why he shouldnt see if he can bring his talents into the midfield.

Very stocky boy, doubt he’s got the midfielders body
He’s definitely solid especially for a 15/16 year old..

5FCD42DE-00CC-48A0-ADB5-ED3941C11727.jpeg A09127D1-96ED-4431-A402-5C2B6B055585.jpeg

but not sure that rules out a midfield role… Roo was a stocky bloke too and was solidly build from a young age.

it’s probably the biggest worry really.. Is Tyler Welsh the real deal or is he just a lad who’s body has developed earlier than his peers and he dominates on the field because of it?.. he definitely has some good skills in the footage I’ve seen which isnt much tbh..

Do his peers catch up and he gets dragged back into the rest of the pack.. time will tell..

Hopefully Welsh is encouraged to make the move, like a few small/medium sized forwards in the couple of years leading into their draft, into more midfield minutes over the next two years…

Moir is the one you would try to convert to a midfielder

FnHMKaeaUAA0Znz

Am I looking too much into this picture that includes a thin Jammo?

ie why did he step down ( I'm sure it wasnt time) AGM Nov 22 is when Board positions are fixed?
Mental blank here, but who is next to VB?

He’s currently 189cm tall…

He’d wanna grow a half a dozen to a dozen more cm’s before he ends up being a Key Forward in the AFL.. which is possible.

There’s no reason why he shouldnt see if he can bring his talents into the midfield.
Id say he will end up around 194-198 considering he is only 16 atm

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why ? How ?

How tall is the mum ? I’d say he’s done most of his growing and ends up 193cm at most

Similar height to Fog , nothing wrong with that at all if he’s mobile enough

Why ? How ?

How tall is the mum ? I’d say he’s done most of his growing and ends up 193cm at most

Similar height to Fog , nothing wrong with that at all if he’s mobile enough
He was measured later in the season at 190.
Who knows though, men often stop growing at 16.
I was 6'1 at 13 and didn't grow again :(

He was measured later in the season at 190.
Who knows though, men often stop growing at 16.
I was 6'1 at 13 and didn't grow again :(
To me he looks pretty mature then it comes down to genetics , at a stab I’ll say 193cm will be the absolute tallest he gets to , nothing wrong with 190-193cm forwards , they’re very effective

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any reports on Cook? I like him as a player but am going to need to see some of that X-Factor from him that I've yet to see at AFL level.

I think he's a guy that gonna need to stamp his spot in the first 2 months. Not sure what that spot is, but there feels like there's a lot of blokes jostling for it!

Thats pure guess work though..

What if the more likely scenario is that hes a 16 year old kid who’s body has pretty much already fully developed and has little to no growth heightwise left to do.. plenty of lads like that..

Looking at those photos.. he’s miles ahead of his peers in height and physique..

Doesn’t always work like that - Max M was playing a key position early on and was either going to have to grow or change his game. He didn’t really grow enough but was good enough to adapt and succeed.

A kid like Morgan Ferres though was in the same boat but he didn’t or couldn’t adapt - might have done some training at Gold Coast but didn’t amount to a spot.

To me he looks pretty mature then it comes down to genetics , at a stab I’ll say 193cm will be the absolute tallest he gets to , nothing wrong with 190-193cm forwards , they’re very effective
Sure.. agree… theres nothing wrong with them at all..

But 190-193cm forwards that can also push into the midfield are even better..

All I’m saying is that I’d prefer it if at the end of 2024 we are discussing an exciting F/S prospect that isnt just a medium sized forward being available to us.. but a F/S prospect that is a very good forward and has spent the last two seasons before the draft successfully adding midfield strings to his bow..

What has the reports been on Izak Rakines pre season? Absolute jet, I hope he gets a good run with injuries this season.
Consistently been reported as one of the best players on the deck. Many Crows players commenting on his freakish abilities, and surprisingly strong tank.

Seems to be lighting the track on fire. Can't wait to see him in front of 50k screaming fans, feel like he's the kind of player that will take his game to another level with that kind of spotlight

Sure.. agree… theres nothing wrong with them at all..

But 190-193cm forwards that can also push into the midfield are even better..

All I’m saying is that I’d prefer it if at the end of 2024 we are discussing an exciting F/S prospect that isnt just a medium sized forward being available to us.. but a F/S prospect that is a very good forward and has spent the last two seasons before the draft successfully adding midfield strings to his bow..
Ideally yes , would be nice

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Preseason 2022/23 Talk & Media/Social Media etc.

Back