Training Preseason 2022/23 Talk & Media/Social Media etc.

Which of these players do you think will be selected in the Crows' Round 1 team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd like to nominate Modra as being in that discussion. As good as Roo and Macca were, I think people went to the football just to watch Modra. Freaky good player.
Modra in 1993 (and early 1994 before the Worsfold shirt front) was the most exciting player I have ever seen.

Over their careers, Simon Goodwin and Ben Hart are surely next after Riccuito/McLeod, the D Jarman? Of recent players only Eddie would be in the conversation?

Lol.

Have you ever heard a replaced captain say:

“I wanted to stay captain and I’m really pissed”

Look he may be telling the truth, but then again he may have really wanted to stay captain.

But to believe what clubs, coaches, management, players say about hot topics is pretty naive. They lie all the time, it’s PR to borrow a phrase.

I have no doubt he was tapped on the shoulder. Dawson has been the man, from a long way out.

Rory still believes he can reach the levels of play that he did in his peak, but reality would suggest that is not the case.

Rory still believes that he is the best man to lead this Club, and would have had to have been convinced otherwise. Like, really convinced. To the point that the Club was making the call and he had the option to stand down or it would have been stripped from him.

He made the right choice, so he looks selfless.

Whatever the sequence of events, the right call has been made and we can move forward as a Club.

Onwards and upwards.

Long live the Daws!!

So with doedee potentially leaving after this year will hamish waste another first rounder on a defender.
If he does go, we've already got two pretty decent replacements on our list.

If he goes Doedee over Burton was clearly the wrong call. Should I get Marty to comment?
With Burton the worry was over his injuries but he's been considerably more durable than Doedee.

Most on this board wanted Dawson to be captain... including many who didn't think it would happen.

Yet the negative diatribe towards Sloane after stepping down & Doedee missing out on the captaincy continues.

I made it clear I was all for Dawson becoming captain & praise the club for making the right decision.

If they had continued with Sloane, then I would have been critical.

Some just love to whinge & some desperately trying to hold on to their negative narrative despite the club getting it right.
Who is complaining about Doedee missing out?!!!!

So, with the club making another good decision the eversalt brigade will have to waste energy on another thing to be salty about.
What?..

as opposed to the conga-line of complete suckholes in here that can’t ever bring themselves to criticise the club or accept any criticism of it from others… no matter what the club does they continue to dote over it like a new parent..

forever looking upon the AFC like this..
6AF0FAC3-C75A-404A-8DDB-D2B152EBE08B.gif 104125F1-9004-4A88-9D46-70DCDA6F1A58.gif

anyone would think we’d played finals every year for the past 5 seasons..

forgive some of us if we want to maybe wait till half way through the season to see how much really has changed..

the clubs spent the last 5 years bumbling it’s way from one disaster to the next.. all the while languishing at the bottom end of the ladder..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s all speculation at the moment. People are drawing conclusions from his infer later state training sessions in Geelong.
I’m asking about the “Dawson was ahead of Doedee regardless” that’s just an opinion.
I’m suggesting they couldn’t have gone with a captain who isn’t committed.
So Doedee has ruled himself out.

Sloane has always been tone deaf to who (was responsible) and why the club went into turmoil in 2019.

Thank god Dawson is captain now.
haha like in all organisations leaders are constrained in what they are allowed to say publicly. you cant make comments on sloane being tone seaf to that without understanding the PR spin they made him follow

It’s all speculation at the moment. People are drawing conclusions from his infer later state training sessions in Geelong.
Yes, at least in the pics of Doedee with Kardinia Park behind him.. he had his dog with him. If he had a cat with him.. it would be a real worry. 😉

I thought you meant he was training inside the grounds.
I’m guessing the cats use this often at training but seems pretty open to public.
Might have just been the closest oval to him
Probably best quality surface too

to extrapolate that to using their ground “and using their facilities” is pretty sensationalist. Auditioning for Vic media role

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Preseason 2022/23 Talk & Media/Social Media etc.

Back