Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think we have one of the deepest midfields in the League, not counting that we have two of the top 6 rucks, we have Brayshaw, Serong, Brodie, Omeara, Aish, Fyfe, that's two starting midfields worth of talent. We bat deep now.

I think their top four are currently more talented than ours. Last season we were exposed for pace at times with Brodie and Mundy. I am not sure that gets any better with O'meara instead of Mundy. I hope you are right of course. And I am not sure we count fyfe as a mid anymore, although we haven't seen how he will be used. I hope he goes in when the other team has a run on or to help build leads at times.

I mean that's some quality results so far. Only thing that pisses me is Sydeny, the other five games are pointing to us being strong strong strong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Entertaining first round so far

Pop Corn GIF by WWE

Trying not to over react but for mine, most common sense things ring true from before the preseason.
  • Dogs playing 4 key talls is really dumb and won’t take them anywhere
  • Melbourne and Geelong look good as expected
  • Collingwood are ****ing terrifying running towards goal. Their gameplan looks the same as last year but perhaps with more confidence. Stop their run and possessions or your backline will get slaughtered.
  • Tigs midfield is SLOW so they can be burnt going the other way
  • Carlton transition out of defence and their ability to cope under pressure is still dogshit. Their bottom 6 remain a problem
  • Ports midfield should be terrifying for 10+ years with two potentially generational game winners in Rozee and JHF. Our preseason win looks better now

Underwood is still an ordinary commentator

Switched to that game and noticed she was commentating and Eleni is one of the umpires. I feel sorry for anyone who has had to watch that whole game.

Trying not to over react but for mine, most common sense things ring true from before the preseason.
  • Collingwood are ******* terrifying running towards goal. Their gameplan looks the same as last year but perhaps with more confidence. Stop their run and possessions or your backline will get slaughtered.
  • Carlton transition out of defence and their ability to cope under pressure is still dogshit. Their bottom 6 remain a problem
  • Ports midfield should be terrifying for 10+ years with two potentially generational game winners in Rozee and JHF. Our preseason win looks better now
All of these are spot on imo.

Our game against port I’m not sure about. Will be good to see how the new forward line performs tomorrow.

• Collingwood are ******* terrifying running towards goal. Their gameplan looks the same as last year but perhaps with more confidence. Stop their run and possessions or your backline will get slaughtered.

Did you notice Taranto getting a handball inside fifty as he ran past a team mate into an open goal and he tried to accelerate aaaaaannnnnnndddd…nothing happened.
He got pummeled and had to get rid of the ball…

he had absolutely no speed

Draft picks are good for rebuilds, no need to keep Naughton
Can have our second (if we haven't spent it on Kozzie - sorry danster), F2.

I mean we gave them Lobb for peanuts and I for one cannot even comprehend how good he'll be now he has the proper coaching. Take today for example, he pulled off some real Neo shit in the matrix and broke the AFL stats page. Can't register 100 goals in a game you see...

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Feel like the only way Lobb in the Dogs team works is if they move Naughton to defence. But for some reason suggesting it is sacrilege. He'd be a gun key defender and instantly make their team better. Still need a good small forward or two to challenge in September though. Probably should have chased them rather than Lobb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back