Game Day Round 2, 2023: Swans v Hawks, SCG 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swans pressure is so good, they’re a great team. We are always under the pump and if we’re not, we think we are!

CJ due for a rest at BH. Worry about your DJing and how many girls you can put away there bud.

Moore, Sic, Worp and Dimma been good.

Impey’s just about done at this level too.

What I don’t understand is how we are playing with no confidence? Everything from the club was really positive stuff over the off season but for some reason because we lose JOM and Mitchell all the players lack belief all of a sudden?

Where did the pile on on CJ come from?! Dropped an absolute howler but I think he's been far from our worst.

Fwd line will win us the spoon. Bruest cooked. Kosi shouldn't be there. Greene exposed. The rest are kids

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

Interesting game. We've lost both quarters by 3 goals.
  • CJ lost all confidence - he's so much better than he's showing
  • Swans pressure is prob the best of any team
  • When there's any doubt in an deicision on a tackling outcome - it goes towards Sydney. That one where Maginess was tackled before he got the ball and still got done for prior opportunity was ridiculous.
  • We're not going to get much joy while the game is so tight.
  • Would be good to see more of Frenchy. Is he playing off a forward flank today?
  • Amon playing well, Moore doing some good things. Not many shining lights.

Spoon's in the bag. If we don't laugh we cry, right
I'll go chat to my North supporting mate and get some tips on how to cope. First spoon in most of our lifetimes

What sort of ego makes it OK to think that decimating virtually all experience from a side is the way to go in building the next generation? I hope I am wrong but I doubt it.
We got rid of Mitchell and O'Meara. Both midfielders that couldn't win the clearances against the opposition and we are winning the clearances today with our young midfield.

The experience was the problem.

I’m relaxed about this in a deflated, defeatist sort of way.
We’re shit but we shouldn’t be this shit.
Too many passengers and too many B graders unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Umpires are having a mare here

They’re not the only ones.

I’m the worst ump bagger of all but they are least of our concerns. This is pretty deflating …. A lot of players playing about as badly as I can recall. Amazing we’re this close to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I am trying to work out this game plan - seems we want to take the game on a move it quickly but when the players look up we have no one forward of the ball, then they need to chip backward to a player under pressure and turn over occurs

We’re not getting reward for effort going forward that much is certain and a lot of that is our own fault as we look disorganized and lacking confidence, but have a look at the below stats and there are some positives.

3BAE483E-11C0-461E-B577-188BE2E777EA.jpeg

I'll go chat to my North supporting mate and get some tips on how to cope. First spoon in most of our lifetimes
I was born in 1965, so I have you covered.

Teams effort is worst than last week. Zero pressure & error ridden.
Amanthey scoring more than the whole teams says it all.
On the flip side we should be locked in to get Harley Reid, but I doubt he can turn this team around.
Incorrect.

This game is a far higher pressure game than last week. Swans are elite with their ground level pressure, but we are better than last week.

Hence the errors.

Our issue is our ground ball handballs from congestion are at our team mates ankles.

Swans are more confident and skilled under pressure to hit that handball to the players chest.

Subtle but important difference.

We’re not getting reward for effort going forward that much is certain and a lot of that is our own fault as we look disorganized and lacking confidence, but have a look at the below stats and there are some positives.

View attachment 1640374
We look good until swans get the ball in space. From that moment they just torch us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back