Game Day Round 2, 2023: Swans v Hawks, SCG 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact we are wining the clearances is huge.

We would be 10 goals down now if we weren't seeing such a huge effort from Worpel and Day. These two are having an enormous game.

We haven't had any luck, or moemntum shifts our way yet. If we get a 2-3 goal run we might actually see a very different game.

Morrison > Nash
Lewis > Kosi
Scrim > CJ
DGB > Frost
Lynch > Reeves

5 pretty obvious upgrades if/when form/injury allows it this season if we're honest. Brockman/Morris/Seamus likely need spots in this side at some point too

Stop calling it a lack of effort when it’s clearly not a lack of effort. You don’t win clearances, and contested ball against a side like Sydney, with a lack of effort.

I’d say out defensive efforts are very poor.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Stop calling it a lack of effort when it’s clearly not a lack of effort. You don’t win clearances, and contested ball against a side like Sydney, with a lack of effort.

So what about the inability for one of the 5 defenders not playing on Amartey to drop in the hole?

There’s no premium on those stats for the swans when we are as bad we are ball in hand. I can call it how I see it and if you disagree I don’t really care.

The fact we are wining the clearances is huge.

We would be 10 goals down now if we weren't seeing such a huge effort from Worpel and Day. These two are having an enormous game.

We haven't had any luck, or moemntum shifts our way yet. If we get a 2-3 goal run we might actually see a very different game.
We desperately need to find a forward.

We look good until swans get the ball in space. From that moment they just torch us
Scores from D50 are 38 - 8. Shows how easily the Swans are smacking us on turnover.

No midfield defensive depth and they stroll straight back through the corridor.

We’re not getting reward for effort going forward that much is certain and a lot of that is our own fault as we look disorganized and lacking confidence, but have a look at the below stats and there are some positives.

View attachment 1640374

You beat me to it. I just checked AFL stats and was going to post this. Parts of our game are good - clearances we improving abit which is nice.

Decisions sometimes abit crazy and a quick transition exposes us like no other team at moment. Shatters our confidence and leads to some of the changers we’ve seen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally think umps have been so one sided. Been horrible whole half. That’s what happens when you are towards the bottom. I don’t think we have been too bad, rucks need to help out defence more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back