Preview Round 3, 2023: St.Kilda v Essendon - MCG, Saturday 1st April, 7:25PM AEDT *150 YEARS OF THE SAINTS*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 74 72.5%
  • Bombers

Votes: 28 27.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was I on my own in thinking Higgins was absolutely woeful last week and due for a stint in at Trevor Barker?

Not sure if weve got anyone knocking down the door but my word he was bad.
He looks out of shape and down on confidence. He’s probably seeing Owens & Pou playing his role to better effect.

Wet weather all week, including Saturday morning, means this might be a down’n’dirty scrap in the filth.

Will be interesting to see how the run-and-gun style goes in the those conditions.

Won’t impact the “RTB Choke” style though.

Last edited:
Wet weather all week, including Saturday morning, means this might be a down’n’dirty scrap in the filth.

Will be interesting to see how the run-and-gun style goes in the those conditions. Won’t impact the “RTB Choke” style though.
won't be getting outmarked constantly in our forward line at least

Mate, I knew they were lacking in the grey, but this has been an eye opener. Now I have an influx of Essendon autists flooding my notifications with thumbs-downs on posts like

“Zerk-Thatcher just went down with an ankle”

as if that didn’t happen??

View attachment 1641575

injectors looking for their next high on our board ends in tears

Butler brings with him, that run down tackle, which we've seen on numerous occasions, whereas Higgins looks slow & sooky at the minute.
Although, RTB did mention that he is sacrificing his game for the team. Not so sure, I reckon he looked a liability at times & not at all dangerous.
I think Higgins is struggling with the structure change. I think it was Joey on first crack pulled up some vision of how Ross has our forwards high playing the defensive roles. Given we haven't seen Higgins get into the space he normally found the last couple years shows he needs to figure it out and quick. No more playing deepest forward waiting to run back into space on the turnover, Ross has given accountability to everyone.

Club members tickets now appear to be totally sold out, seeing as I just tried to get one.

Get loud, lads and ladettes.
AFL membership will put out a statement if it’s sold out they always do, if that happens itl be enormous because that’s about 50k tickets in itself in the Shane Warne stand, hopefully see that announced during the week

AFL membership will put out a statement if it’s sold out they always do, if that happens itl be enormous because that’s about 50k tickets in itself in the Shane Warne stand, hopefully see that announced during the week
They’re back up online.

blokes literally never kicked over 15goals in a season :fire::fire:

This morning Bulldogs "superstar" Jamara Ugle-Hagan had been racially abused. Pretty liberal with their descriptions these days.

Doing a quick look with my AFL membership L4 reserved hasn't sold much. Still some L1 open left.

Safe to say Kyle won’t be splitting the atom any time soon.
Why did they call him for the interview? We’re they specifically after a dead-behind-the-eyes mid career nobody who is still yet to nail down a role in a team with as many established role players as Daniel Chick’s left hand has fingers?

Being near the airport is perfect for these flogs, make the transition to baggage handlers post-footy that bit easier.
Only 2 games in, too. Looking forward to when we're 4-0, you'll be in another dimension

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PHILLIPOU & CAMINITI will thrive on big games as will Owens & Windy

Watching replay of Dogs game and the half time scuffle and Owens is in the middle of it and walks out with a big smile on his face, we actually have some alpha's coming through that will love the big stage
I saw that too. I was sitting here with a big smile on my face drinking a beer and thinking that FINALLY...it's so good to see some real attitude within the list.

When players start standing up for themselves and each other, you know that there is some trust and belief developing.

Although this thread is been an absolute treat to read, given the humour, I have a dreading feeling that this is all too similar to years gone by where we’ve mocked the opposition in games we’re meant to win and then shat the bed.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yep. We're on the same page. Essendon always make us look shit.

Ok, this is for you and every other doubter on here mentioning “BiG gAmE” etc

We have gone from a neurotic helicopter parent as a coach/es, to the cool dad where long-term success is assumed, and the micro results aren’t the be all end all.
The team was frozen with anxiety because, like children and dogs, they can read it seeping from their leaders’ pores like Brad Scott in a humid coaches box.

We have gone from “wHy NoT uS?” to a structure with a vision. From running our own cardio sessions for fear of upsetting those at the back of the pack to being ROCK HARD FIT as Ross would say.

Our mental space is chalk and cheese from yesteryear. A Billings practically vibrating with nervous energy to Phillipou calmly going back and slotting snags from 65m in his second game.

These themed games won’t mean anything to the Sigma kids. They don’t even know who Eric Bana is ffs.
All they care about is Dua Lipa, smackin bodies and kickin snags for fun.

Ross will strangle the Essendon forward structure like Michael Hutchence on a bad day. They fold like a lawn chair when the going gets tough, and it’ll get tough.

It really is this simple. Their list sucks and their coach is the inferior twin. We will win by 10 goals with half an AFL list available and a forwardline whose mothers still pack their lunch.

Reading through the Essendon team sheet is like some sort of fever dream, a weird combination of dwarven shufflers, obese sex pests, chinless slender-man wingmen and 5-touch-a-game forwards who nobody has ever heard of.
Their ex captain only just rid himself of dreadlocks, which says it all really.

Saints by 10 goals.
Well, I'm converted.
bart simpson GIF

The Dons supporters at the practice game were repulsive:sick:
Couldn’t have picked a worse group of supporters for our 150th game. Whatever pre-game ceremony we have planned will be semi ruined by them openly mocking our history and lack of success, guarantee it.

They are a terrible mixture of arrogance due to long gone success and insecurity due to how awful they have been for so long.

Couldn’t have picked a worse group of supporters for our 150th game. Whatever pre-game ceremony we have planned will be semi ruined by them openly mocking our history and lack of success, guarantee it.

They are a terrible mixture of arrogance due to long gone success and insecurity due to how awful they have been for so long.
They’re absolute scum. Them, and the Bloooooos.

Would happily give up my free remaining years to remove their stain from the Earth, root ‘n branch… man, woman, child, even their pets.

They’re basically football’s version of the People’s Temple, with James Hird as their floggish Jim Jones.

Not to mention Dim Tim as their braindead version of Tokyo Rose.

Nothing about them, or their cesspit of a club, is anything less than a blight on the human race as a whole.

Last edited:
I want to keep Higgins in, He misses King, Members and Hayes more then most and as a small forward he is the one who can kick goals and really change games.

Snags loves the G too.

Big night for our new Puggsley

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That depends if you honestly expect a 177cm player to out match 1, 2, or 3 KPP's at a time.
I'd suggest his brief us to compete hard and draw defenders whilst the goals come from other players who get less attention. If thats the case then he's doing very well imho.
Not sure that is his brief but fair enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back