Competitions The Pieman 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

PIEMAN RESULTS Round 3 v BrisDunk

What a satisfying win, even if it was a gritty slog. There's life in the old dogs yet.

Rollovers and Substitutes

There were ten rollover teams, whether they were deliberate or just brought about by the short break and the limited time from team announcement to the first bounce I don't know. But some of those rollovers did very well.

The substitutes this week were (in order):

Naughton, Garcia, English and Baker.​

They were needed for 11 selections among the rollover teams, with mixed results.
Brian Perrin - Garcia (0) for West​
Charlie Bucket - 3x Naughton (24) for 3x West​
Fossie 32 - Garcia (0) for West​
Mofra - Naughton (8) for Darcy​
SayerTheCreator- Naughton (8) for Darcy​
ScottyDogg - 2x Naughton (16) for 2x West, Garcia (0) for Darcy, English (0) for McLean​

The KELVIN
With his double serve of Jamarra, the Kelvin this week goes to Struggle (134). The next three were rollover teams - Brian Perrin (126), cecil (107) and Mofra (91).

There were six bagels. Average score for Round 3 was 47.57 and the median was 50. There were 25 attempts at a Chump but with only five goalkickers (Marra having kicked half of our goals) it was always going to be a tall order. In the end the best any of them got was 3/5.

1680187453780.png

The PIEMAN

Well surely cecil is taking the piss. He picked a winning team in Round 1 and hasn't been heard from since, but he just keeps racking up the points. The genius in his strategy is he has two lots of Baker in his team ... and Oskar just keeps on dobbing them. Anyway cec is out to a pretty handy early lead with a margin of 57 over second. That's TedDougChris who had another solid result and is the only other one to crack 200 points so far. Then there's a bunch of challengers not far behind.

This week's Kelvin winner Struggle and the runner-up Brian Perrin have landed themselves in the top ten, in 6th and 3rd place respectively.

Scrag hasn't broken his duck yet but the day is surely coming.

1680187994460.png

Pieman Player of the Week

There's no doubt as to who is the PPotW. Just another accolade in a big week for Marra.

If anyone had picked these five in the quintella (Chump) it would have been worth 191, including a bonus of 54.
However the best possible score this week was 221 (3x JUH and 2x Williams).

1680188440826.png
With five goals Jamarra will be the first choice Pieman substitute next week. Then Lobb.

Pieman Player of the Year

Oskar Baker is clinging to the lead for the Pieman Player of the Year but Marra and Horse are issuing the challenge.

1680188614604.png

Curse you cecil !!! The first time I’ve ever done anything right and you are doing this to me man !!!

Shake Harder The Simpsons GIF

ROUND 4 v RICHMOND

ROUND 4 TEAM
Richmond v Western Bulldogs
Saturday 8 April, 4.35pm AEST MCG

B:
Josh Bruce, Liam Jones, Hayden Crozier

HB: Bailey Dale, Alex Keath, Ed Richards

C: Oskar Baker, Marcus Bontempelli, Jack Macrae

HF: Bailey Smith, Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, Arthur Jones

F: Anthony Scott, Aaron Naughton, Rory Lobb

R: Tim English, Tom Liberatore, Adam Treloar

Int: Jason Johannisen, Caleb Daniel, Bailey Williams, Robbie McComb

Emerg: Buku Khamis, Jordon Sweet, Lachie McNeil, Mitch Hannan

Handicaps

1680781352235.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Naughton x 2
Lobb x 2
Jones

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
A Jones? L Jones? It's hard to keep up with the Joneses!

If anyone doesn't specify I'm giving them Artie.

RandomDog has pulled the following names out of his ... hat:

Williams, Artie Jones, Richards, Ugle-Hagan, Naughton
1680781639363.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitions The Pieman 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back