No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

This week, a respected Indigenous Elder filed a Supreme Court lawsuit against the Geelong Cats, claiming that they failed to protect him when he was the victim of a sexual assault in the early 1980s. The person was a talented footballer who had played in Geelong's Under-19 side at the time before leaving the game shortly after the incident. He was around 15 or 16 at the time. He claims he was sexually assaulted at a residence (Aberdeen House, located in the inner western suburbs of Geelong) for recruits from the country. Three senior players allegedly ambushed him in the shower of this residence and sexually assaulted him. The players have not been named in the writ.

Last edited:
I have tried both and I don’t think it matters
But in recent weeks the buffering on Kayo has driven me nuts and there is no reason for it at my end

It is the s**t Kayo server
Tweeted them and I got the autobot generated reply. Told to clear cache (on TV I think). Haven't tried it yet but I think it's more than that.
As you say, their shit server seems more likely the issue.

Supposition: The height of a player is less relevant that their arm stretch height / reach.

I am shorter than my wife but due to my monkey arms I can hold items out of her reach (like the TV remote when the footy is on 🤣)
Charlie Curnow is not overly tall at 194cm but he looks to have long arms.

Are players arm lengths Pmeasured at the combine or at other times? 🤨🤷🏼‍♂️
Arm span and hand size are in the nba, should be here but we’re a bit behind

Tweeted them and I got the autobot generated reply. Told to clear cache (on TV I think). Haven't tried it yet but I think it's more than that.
As you say, their s**t server seems more likely the
As you say, their s**t server seems more likely
I don’t think there is too much incentive for Kayo to up their game. Are they not owned by the same mob as Foxtel? Hence if Kayo gets too good then customers get dragged away from Fox sports. I have renegotiated my Foxtel contracts on several occasions with the the threat of moving over to Kayo on the basis that my only reason for having Foxtel is high definition sport (cricket and footy). On more than one occasion the Foxtel sales people claimed the buffering on Kayo was suspect or at least subject to how many people were streaming. In my view this is a pre prepared sales line. Foxtel, or their owners, know full well that making their baby brother (Kayo) too efficient affects the Foxtel business model.

This week, a respected Indigenous Elder filed a Supreme Court lawsuit against the Geelong Cats, claiming that they failed to protect him when he was the victim of a sexual assault in the early 1980s. The person was a talented footballer who had played in Geelong's Under-19 side at the time before leaving the game shortly after the incident. He was around 15 or 16 at the time. He claims he was sexually assaulted at a residence (Aberdeen House, located in the inner western suburbs of Geelong) for recruits from the country. Three senior players allegedly ambushed him in the shower of this residence and sexually assaulted him. The players have not been named in the writ.

Let's see what happens to this.

Supposition: The height of a player is less relevant that their arm stretch height / reach.

I am shorter than my wife but due to my monkey arms I can hold items out of her reach (like the TV remote when the footy is on 🤣)
Charlie Curnow is not overly tall at 194cm but he looks to have long arms.

Are players arm lengths Pmeasured at the combine or at other times? 🤨🤷🏼‍♂️
Arm span is almost always pretty close to height, so you’re an anomaly there.

As famously demonstrated:

1680908860514.jpeg

Arm span is almost always pretty close to height, so you’re an anomaly there.

As famously demonstrated:

View attachment 1653190
Rare for me to agree with one of Alite's esoteric posts but in high level ball sport athletes I would wager they break that mould more often than they fit it, particularly with basketballers where wingspan is measured and reported in tandem with height.

Some pretty famous examples are Rudy Gobert, 216cm tall with a 236cm wingspan, and Kawhi Leonard, 201cm in height with a 221cm wingspan.

Whereas you'd likely see the opposite trend in sports where leverages and strength are prioritised, such as Olympic weightlifting.

a1GF3Ub5kvCPsTn03cSfrbsgZWf_hdcxvrmofofkdN4.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is this not a bigger news story?

How is this not a bigger news story?
Because Geelong, the beacon of everything right about Football.

Remember when nobody bothered to go back to look at Dank's and 'the Weapon's' involvement at Geelong.

Because Geelong, the beacon of everything right about Football.

Remember when nobody bothered to go back to look at Dank's and 'the Weapon's' involvement at Geelong.
Or Selwood's single handed destruction of the sport itself.

I think the Blues are really well placed.

Very balanced list: two gun key forwards; a gun key defender; gun rebounding half backs and two superstar midfielders (one hasn’t played so far this year). Midfield depth probably isn’t at the level of other contenders but they do have some solid role players in there.

If they can get Walsh fit for the pointy end and finish close to or in the top 4, I think they can contend. They have some real weapons

Since when has that been an excuse?
Weird post. Who said it was an excuse? The question was why is it not a bigger news story and the answer is because it happened 4 decades ago. The answer isn’t because it involves Geelong.

Barry Cable is an all time great of the sport and his paedophile allegations from decades ago get less media attention than an average modern player doing a line of coke or sending a dick pic. That’s the media. It has nothing to do with which club it is.

Rare for me to agree with one of Alite's esoteric posts but in high level ball sport athletes I would wager they break that mould more often than they fit it, particularly with basketballers where wingspan is measured and reported in tandem with height.

Some pretty famous examples are Rudy Gobert, 216cm tall with a 236cm wingspan, and Kawhi Leonard, 201cm in height with a 221cm wingspan.

Whereas you'd likely see the opposite trend in sports where leverages and strength are prioritised, such as Olympic weightlifting.

a1GF3Ub5kvCPsTn03cSfrbsgZWf_hdcxvrmofofkdN4.jpg
Yeah I think it’s a pretty small percentage of people that break this mould, but interestingly, a quick google shows that NBA players on average all have greater armspan than height, up to 1.06/1. Crazy.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Back