Oppo Camp 2023 Death Ride: Poorta dlelie Footbal Club Power (Est. 1997) - Port out in straight sets, NMFC get pick #14

Where will the 1997 boys finish next year?

• 15th - 18th

Votes: 68 19.9%
  • 9th - 14th

Votes: 158 46.3%
  • 5th - 8th

Votes: 67 19.6%
  • 1st - 4th

Votes: 48 14.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think if he'd come out at the end of last season and said "I'm homesick, I need to be around my family, I'm just not enjoying life in Melbourne and I can't be here any longer" and then requested a trade back to SA generally, I'd see things differently and even have sympathy for him. But that's not how it panned out. He demanded a trade to Port Adelaide only, they delighted in trying to screw us over (and pending their finishing position this year, they very likely have). And it looks likely that the move to Port was orchestrated by his camp many months before it actually occurred.

Yes, North probably hasn't been a great place for young players to enjoy their footy over the past few years. But how many of our other young players carried on like he did with the petulance displayed both on and off the field?

The thing that nags me with the homesickness thing is (and this is a memory a couple of years old) but I will swear blind either a private source or a public source mentioned at the time when the Crows offer came in for him the HF camp were offered their opinion and said no. At the time coupled with talk of him ingraining himself in our club culture, refusing to take 18 etc etc I was 100% on him having bought in. I think homesickness was a factor as it would be for any kid leaving their state but key to it he was tapped up and their camp knew we were always going to fold in and let him go. IMO the Clarkson issues at Hawthorn was timed perfectly to allow it to happen last year and not this year.

Courageous to leave was he Ken??

You are going to need to explain that one to me

Can’t wait for round 9

Yeah. It seemed to be the complete opposite of courageous.

Anyhoo, JHF aside, given the way we played yesterday and the way Port played yesterday, I actually can wait until Round 9. On that form they'd smash us.

If JHF hadve shown any spine whatsoever and given it another year to see if it improved under arguably the best coach of his generation, then he might have found it wasn't all doom and gloom and he could have flourished here

Genuinely does anyone actually believe that the above was a possibility? My view is that he's getting booed because he's being recognized as someone who either pulled the pin on his career at NM when it got too hard OR he had always had the intention to leave after a year and get back home to PA, either deliberately or on strong advice and guidance from Fabian

Regardless, he is either mentally soft in the first instance or he deliberately misled a club that admittedly at the time was a genuine mess, but regardless gave him an opportunity and sunk a lot into him. Filthy said it well above - players don't forget, so it's likely he's copping it on field and we as fans aren't hearing it - but fans are a different breed of a-hole. I don't believe commentators for a second when they claim they don't understand why he's being booed - they're either wilfully ignoring the entirely legitimate reasons why a fan base (NM specific but Adelaide has a reason too) would boo him, or they know and don't want to say it on air to legitimise it.

He can't be both 19yo, making a courageous decision, subsequently being paid $800k a year at 19yo AND exempt from criticism. You made a big boy decision, fair enough and in some ways you must be applauded for that, but you must also deal with the big boy consequences, which, given the way said courageous decision was made, are likely to be ongoing
Matty Lloyd pointed out to Corn several reasons as to why it’s happening.

Port fans thinking they are standing on the moral high ground, lol...

getattachmentthumbnail-jpg.359187

Yep. They're all class. They'd never boo anyone.

And Corne is so far up his own rectum he will be oblivious to the fact he has some responsibility here, with his JHF fancy dress and out of context icebath snipes, he is as much a part of the media pile on as anyone.

Will be fun viewing when these april premiers crash and burn. Theres as many holes on their list than ours. Definition of pretenders.
A lucky win over sydney and a win over a struggling dogs during Adelaide Gather Round- a grand final for both Adelaide teams. Enjoy while you can Port fans

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mob mentality fueled by mainstream and social media. Half the poeple wouldn't even know why they do it.
Yet the same thing would’ve happened in the 70s, 80s and 90s well before you could’ve blamed ‘the media’.
It’s almost like port doesn’t want to take responsibility for their actions. They knew damn well what would’ve happened, it’s why tapping up is illegal in most sports codes.

And this benefits you how?? Proven you go nowhere no matter what picks you have. Useless.
I'd have thought it obvious we get a better draft pick if you finish lower.

And the wheel turns, it always does and always will.

That said, you've been exactly as successful as us since your entry into the big league

without a hint of defence about TT not being a s**t bloke 🤣🤣🤣🤣

But yeah I’m a grown man and I’ll hang s**t on a 19 yo kid for wanting to play at a real football club.

How cute 😊
That football club that 'exists to win premierships'?

How's that going for you???

This whole fake drama is so absurd I feel like it's a script for Real Housewives of the AFL

Kane needs to STFU
King needs to STFU
Port fans need to chill out and realise we'd be just as aggreived if one of our young stars left in similar circumstances
North fans need to chill out and realise that ultimately it's one player, they come and go, the North list is looking good and move on

The media is driving this for content, eyeballs and eardrums to then sell advertising.

I'm embarrassed for everyone, really. Myself included for spending the time writing this post

This whole fake drama is so absurd I feel like it's a script for Real Housewives of the AFL

Kane needs to STFU
King needs to STFU
Port fans need to chill out and realise we'd be just as aggreived if one of our young stars left in similar circumstances
North fans need to chill out and realise that ultimately it's one player, they come and go, the North list is looking good and move on

The media is driving this for content, eyeballs and eardrums to then sell advertising.

I'm embarrassed for everyone, really. Myself included for spending the time writing this post
Such sane and reasonable posts like this are not welcome here. Gtfo!

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp 2023 Death Ride: Poorta dlelie Footbal Club Power (Est. 1997) - Port out in straight sets, NMFC get pick #14

Back