Oppo Camp 2023 Death Ride: Poorta dlelie Footbal Club Power (Est. 1997) - Port out in straight sets, NMFC get pick #14

Where will the 1997 boys finish next year?

• 15th - 18th

Votes: 68 19.9%
  • 9th - 14th

Votes: 158 46.3%
  • 5th - 8th

Votes: 67 19.6%
  • 1st - 4th

Votes: 48 14.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Suspect the club told Ralph this position without quotes because they know there are plenty of fully grown adults who may not buy a membership if their club dare tells them they shouldn't boo a teenager

More likely that Ralph just made it up. At best he asked someone in a North media polo who he didn't know, "D'ya like people booing Horne-Francis?" and got a "I dunno. S'pose not."

Everyone knows why he is being booed. It coming from neutrals is a bit of a surprise I guess, but it was always a risk when you're the first ever number one pick to be visibly petulant during your first year and then demand a trade to a specific club at the end of it. It aint courageous no matter how you spin it, and no club wants to have it happen to them if and when they're the shittest team in the comp and get the golden pick.

The feigned ignorance by the media and commentators is just dumb and counteractive if you actually wanted it to stop. Commentators I can maybe understand, I mean they are literally directed to cover the umpires arses for them so this could be similar, but the news articles and some of the pontification in the general media is insulting.

However, good on Hinkley for defending his player, even if I think the "courageous" line was an eyeroller.

Got a question for you.

My wife saw a news item about club locks on TV and was thinking of getting one but her car is relatively new it has the electronic lock and keyless ignition etc. so I would expect it isn't too easy to steal.

But I figured you might know if modern cars are actually quite easy to steal and if a club lock is any kind of deterrent.

Any advice?

And from your experience, what cars are the most difficult to steal?

Bulldogs v Port

On the North Board

Life Aint Nobody Got Time For That GIF by The Lot Radio

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its negligence on Ken's part of get all defensive about the booing. He's throwing JHF under the bus. Now it will never stop.

Do you think some drunk, ratty, fans at the ground are going to listen to "he's only 19, don't pick on him, it hurts his feelings"?
Nah smart move by Kenny, he has strapped his footy future on the back of the 19 year old.
He’s going to ride the im a concerned parent right into a new contract.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp 2023 Death Ride: Poorta dlelie Footbal Club Power (Est. 1997) - Port out in straight sets, NMFC get pick #14

Back