Autopsy Round 5, 2023: Collingwood v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Got to love the filth supporters and ex players.

Supporters calling Caminiti a dog, coward , some saying king hit . Murphy throws a punch from behind and then backs off, ducks down when Caminiti retaliates. Murphy glass jaw and is weak as piss.

No doubt deserves to be suspended as Murphy is concussed but cry me a river filth , Murphy act was shit needs to put on the big boy pants if he wants to hand it out .

Dane Swan we all know never the sharpest tool, carrying on about Pies win being undermanned and under sized and wearing us down.

Apparently he can’t read and is deaf as he clearly thinks we are at full strength . Everyone else in the comp seems to know we have the longest injury list .

Delusional fools the filth

I'd just like to say that I fully endorse Hammer's reaction. Murphy is the one who attempted a king hit but then got slept with the response. A dog act is hitting an unsuspecting opponent, not giving it back when someone tries that.

I don't know if it counts for anything in the tribunal, but IMO the prelude to the hit needs to be highlighted. Caminiti should be humble , say that he deserves a punishment, and apologize for allowing himself to be "goaded " into such an act.

Should Murphy try to sue the AFL in the future , i would like to think that such a record of instigating violence would count in the AFL's favour.

If Hammer gets 2-3 weeks then I’m okay with that. It wasn’t dog. If these niggling defenders want to play stupid games then they better expect to win stupid prizes.

The fact he started mouthing off like a hero when he was within the safety confines of his own bench is hilarious.

I liked that this was the "sorry we were racist" game, so instead of words they just start cheap hitting people then cry at reciprocation because you have a bit of a glass head. So now we look forward to the next 30 years where it'll be us saying sorry for previous players king hitting their mob and the Pies will use smoke signals and we'll lose players from inhalation and someone throwing Butler on it to muffle the smoke.

Like they always say, "People with glass heads should not throw punches." Wait they don't say that, but they should.

Marshall?

Thought he had little influence in a game he should/ could have dominated.

Regardless, agree with most others… we’ll get heaps from that performance. RTB will fill their notebooks this week… reckon cuddly Ross will be a distant memory with some blokes.

Gresh… FMD. What is going on? One foot out the door I fear.

Oh yeah, the Pig Crouch is a beast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Marshall had 9 score involvements so I can't agree he had little influence

I don't know if it counts for anything in the tribunal, but IMO the prelude to the hit needs to be highlighted. Caminiti should be humble , say that he deserves a punishment, and apologize for allowing himself to be "goaded " into such an act.

Should Murphy try to sue the AFL in the future , i would like to think that such a record of instigating violence would count in the AFL's favour.
I think he should say if you hit me from behind then it's officially HAMMER TIME

Anyway, as a team without a couple of key players, we have won 4 games and lost one by a goal- not bad going so far. We really needed another strong marking option deep in the forward half yesterday, but sloppy kicking and outright bombs to the forwards from midfield didn't help the cause. Structurally, we were pretty bad defensively around the stoppages, and let too many Pies players out on their attacking side of the contest. Sidebottom was a key link man, but appeared to have no opponent most of the day. RL will hopefully sort it out.

Cool play him in that Jack Hayes role then if that’s what he’s going to do. Needs to win us some ruck contests too though.
He's proven he's better in the ruck than he is forward

Been one of our better player this year in the ruck, no need to throw the baby out with the bathwater even if you didn't rate his game yesterday.

I saw Gresham get us over the line all in at least 3 games.

Call it for what it was…a s**t performance in an important game. But, let’s not invent a narrative that he isn’t a decent footballer.

What we need is to get him back to his best, and I guarantee it will make us a much better outfit.

On another note I really like Bytels hands in close. I feel like we need to invest in him by way of game time.
Exactly. Gresh has had a solid month, was very good last week and had a bad game yesterday. A bit of an over reaction calling him a bad player or that he's uninterested because he had a bad game.

It seemed like we were a bit off.
Definitely needed another tall target up forward.
Ross didnt seem worried about it in the presser and theres no reason why we should be- Just lost to the flag favourites by a kick!

Remember the Expect the Unexpected slogan 20 years ago?

Lots to learn from the game.

Perhaps saints arent as far off as everyone thought pre season

Oh and have you ever seen so many salty fans of a winning team?

On SM-A526B using BigFooty.com mobile app

My take, from the vision Hammer is provoked, he responds and unfortunately Murphy crouches just as Hammer retaliates which means he hits him in the head, otherwise would have been a chest hit as intended.

Act made worse unfortunately due to Murphy being susceptible to concussion.

Having said all that the MRO / Tribunal is a joke - no consistency so who knows?. Probably get 2+ weeks as they will want to send a message to local footy & juniors that it’s not acceptable.

Get the feeling this is the start of a period of intense rivalry between these 2 teams - serious dislike emerging! RTB all calm at the press conference but I think he will put a few things in the memory bank.

Exactly. Gresh has had a solid month, was very good last week and had a bad game yesterday. A bit of an over reaction calling him a bad player or that he's uninterested because he had a bad game.
Agree but you can’t play (or expect to play) any serious mid field time and only have 7 Disposals for the game and turn over half. 7 is a poor but understandable game when you are a small forward starved of opportunity.

Anyway let’s see how he responds next week - that is the test.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw Gresham get us over the line all in at least 3 games.

Call it for what it was…a s**t performance in an important game. But, let’s not invent a narrative that he isn’t a decent footballer.

What we need is to get him back to his best, and I guarantee it will make us a much better outfit.

On another note I really like Bytels hands in close. I feel like we need to invest in him by way of game time.

Stand by what I said.

I want him to be great, but his decision making and execution leaves a lot to be desired. It's not just yesterday.

It's a footy IQ thing to me.

Hope he gets a rocket.

Agree on Bytel.

Last edited:
My take, from the vision Hammer is provoked, he responds and unfortunately Murphy crouches just as Hammer retaliates which means he hits him in the head, otherwise would have been a chest hit as intended.

Act made worse unfortunately due to Murphy being susceptible to concussion.

Having said all that the MRO / Tribunal is a joke - no consistency so who knows?. Probably get 2+ weeks as they will want to send a message to local footy & juniors that it’s not acceptable.

Get the feeling this is the start of a period of intense rivalry between these 2 teams - serious dislike emerging! RTB all calm at the press conference but I think he will put a few things in the memory bank.
It will have to be either one or two weeks.

Pies fans screaming for 3 week but for that to happen the tribunal would have to rate the impact as severe and it clearly wasn't a hard hit

The conduct will likely be rated as careless

If the tribunal rates the impact as high it's 2 weeks

If the impact is medium is 1 week

If there was no concussion it either wouldn't evej be looked at or at worse, careless with low impact which would have been a fine

Gresh has had a pretty average start to the year and was shocking yesterday

But he is a very good footballer. We've seen him win matches for us.

The other issue is we clearly don't have the depth right now to replace him.

We really need him to bounce back. If he can get back to his best we are a much better side.

Andrew Gaff, Barry Hall, Tom Bugg…
It’s hard for me to believe there people out there this unintelligent. Sad really.

1ABBA5CF-8AD7-462E-A4EB-9B24CF877DB2.jpeg

Thought we showed enough yesterday. Collingwood starting to give me the shits; still maintain they’re not as good as they think they are.

Sitting on the top level I thought it was glaring that we missed a focal point up front. King to me will be the point of difference at the pointy end compared to the battlers they have playing key forward.

Also let Collingwood walk out of too many stoppages, especially in the first half. Bit of work to do in that area.

In terms of players, Wilkie, Crouch and Clark (first half and right and the end) were the ones who stood out most.

He's proven he's better in the ruck than he is forward

Been one of our better player this year in the ruck, no need to throw the baby out with the bathwater even if you didn't rate his game yesterday.

Roma had a shocker but has been the in form ruck in the competition for the first month.

He looked either crook or was sore. Just didn’t have his usual bounce & energy.

If Hammer gets 2-3 weeks then I’m okay with that. It wasn’t dog. If these niggling defenders want to play stupid games then they better expect to win stupid prizes.

The fact he started mouthing off like a hero when he was within the safety confines of his own bench is hilarious.

He barely connects with him. If it wasn't for his fragility towards concussion it wouldn't even get looked at.

Marshall had 9 score involvements so I can't agree he had little influence

It was a decent game from him but it was set up to be a game that you felt like he should dominate. His ruck work looked very average. He seemed to hit more balls out to Pies players than our guys. He was his usual quality when outside the ruck though.

Roma had a shocker but has been the in form ruck in the competition for the first month.

He looked either crook or was sore. Just didn’t have his usual bounce & energy.

I'm not sure he had a shocker. He's definitely had better games but far from a shocker.

We won the clearances, he had 9 score involvements, 9 clearances and 12 contested possessions.

His disposal let him down but if you think he had a shocker you are a very hard marker

Gresh has had a pretty average start to the year and was shocking yesterday

But he is a very good footballer. We've seen him win matches for us.

The other issue is we clearly don't have the depth right now to replace him.

We really need him to bounce back. If he can get back to his best we are a much better side.

He's playing mostly forward and I get the feeling that Lyon might be trying to reprogram him a bit. He's probably going to need to learn some more teamwork but right now he'd be worth nothing and not in demand.

It's in our interest to get him back to his best even if we are going to let him walk. He's got all the tools to be a gun under Lyon but he's taking his time to find his feet. Losing your better players isn't usually good management Unless they are getting you 2x first rounders and you are in a rebuild or something.

It was a decent game from him but it was set up to be a game that you felt like he should dominate. His ruck work looked very average. He seemed to hit more balls out to Pies players than our guys. He was his usual quality when outside the ruck though.
Pies would have known he was likely to win the ruck contest and reading it off him.

We still won the clearances by 6

He is never going to be a great tap ruckman like Ryder but he does have other strengths

Thought we showed enough yesterday. Collingwood starting to give me the shits; still maintain they’re not as good as they think they are.

Sitting on the top level I thought it was glaring that we missed a focal point up front. King to me will be the point of difference at the pointy end compared to the battlers they have playing key forward.

Also let Collingwood walk out of too many stoppages, especially in the first half. Bit of work to do in that area.

In terms of players, Wilkie, Crouch and Clark (first half and right and the end) were the ones who stood out most.

I think they are a great side, they look like a cleaner version of us with their defence and rebound through the midfield. Their forward line is okay rather than great but they get plenty of looks and being smaller makes them too agile for a lot of defences built around tall KPFs. They are very old though, they really need to win a flag in the next 3 years because the end is coming for a lot of them.

We have more good pieces to come back and we really don't know what we are until we get back a settled best 22 with our best players in. We are scratching the surface at the moment. They'd be worried about meeting us in finals. They still don't know what they have to beat next time. We do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 5, 2023: Collingwood v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back