Review Nowaynowaynowaynoway

Remove this Banner Ad

We had so many players so far off their best, had a debuting ruck, had the umpires absolutely ****ing roger us for 3 out of 4 quarters... yet still found a way to win against a good middle-tier side away.

Its amazing how relaxed I feel watching games now. I trust that we aren't just gonna choke and roll over or repeatedly fall short like last year. Brilliant stuff.

I've been saying for years now that Houston's ceiling is the best player in the AFL and he's starting to show how close he is consistently now. Excellent win.

Houston - Matchwinner! Led us in disposals, showed great hands in slippery conditions all night, then sets up perfectly inside the final minute and capitalised on a panic dump kick to put himself in the position to be the hero. He doesn't play tight on anyone down back, but floats up to be the extra man around stoppages who gets the ball to pump it forward with his deadly boot. Can do some dumb things at times, like giving away obvious 50m penalties, and that is the only reason that he doesn't score a rare 10. 9/10
The umpire never blew his whistle. It was a mistake by the umpire that we copped a 50 for. They even pointed this out on the coverage.

Shout out to Chad Cornes too.

Our forward line play is no longer over-simplified or follow the leader, its revolutionary how we are going about it. We keep the handball game going as long as we need to around the arc with many players finding just enough space until a target becomes available. Once we get that kick, we've backed in everybody to take their shots. It looks stupid sometimes when we miss, but I'd rather us take our chances than the "kick to the hot spot/pack/pocket" garbage that squanders opportunity after opportunity.

Dante Visentini's debut was one of the strangest I have seen. I know he spent time on the ground but how long and what was he doing?

I took a look at the replay and he was substituted at 3/4 time.
I feel sorry for the kid as he was thrown into the side at the last minute. I also think Ken got the selection wrong he sould have taken sam hayes across to Melbourne. Sam looked better in his 7 games than either Dante last night or Brynn Teakle in his 6 games.
If Lycett is not fit next week Ken has the go with Hayes.

Last edited:
Especially satisfying that it was Essendon and, in my case, being there to see it in person with my daughter, as we attended our first game for 4 years.

I'm sure there are some good people who support Essendon but in my years of living in Melbourne and going to games I've always found them to be the worst of all fan bases, effectively the Victorian equivalent of Adelaide and West Coast fans.
Oh man yes. No supporter base hangs shit on you when they're winning quite like the Don's fans. They're revolting.

The DBJ hold at the end would have been seen by the beady eyes of every maggot out there.

Then there was Ridley being caught red hot holding the ball by Boak.

They really are cheats.

We had so many players so far off their best, had a debuting ruck, had the umpires absolutely ******* roger us for 3 out of 4 quarters... yet still found a way to win against a good middle-tier side away.

Its amazing how relaxed I feel watching games now. I trust that we aren't just gonna choke and roll over or repeatedly fall short like last year. Brilliant stuff.

I've been saying for years now that Houston's ceiling is the best player in the AFL and he's starting to show how close he is consistently now. Excellent win.
Old mate umpire number 23 was Essendons best player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh man yes. No supporter base hangs s**t on you when they're winning quite like the Don's fans. They're revolting.

Worst in the league by a mile. The cult like behaviour around drug cheat Hird was bizarre. They tend to have more assaults and punch ups than any other supporters as well. Their absolute shitness for 20 odd years is well deserved.

The DBJ hold at the end would have been seen by the beady eyes of every maggot out there.

Then there was Ridley being caught red hot holding the ball by Boak.

They really are cheats.
The Boak one was an incredible non-decision even considering the umpiring trends from earlier in the game.

Last edited:
Nah stop acting like 3 year olds that had their dummy taken away coz port not winning * me
Just shows that people are emotionally invested in this team. But one accusation that I won't cop is that we're mentally weak: these players have demonstrated time and time again during this winning streak that the opposite is true. Collingwood may be the premiership favourite, but they're definitely not the premiership certainty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Nowaynowaynowaynoway

Remove this Banner Ad

Back