Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elliot is a freak

Hell of a kick to win the match - still find it annoying that he can run off the line from his mark whilst out of bounds and the umpires don't call it out though.

A lot of vital 50/50 calls around stoppage certainly fell the Magpie's way in that final quarter.

Port only a game ahead of Brisabane with their next two being a showdown and Geelong at the Cattery.

They could lose a top 2 spot and have to go to Brisbane for a final.

Certainly hoping so 🙏

The Crows are falling away a bit, but hopefully with it all on the line next week, they can sneak in.

Idiot will be out of action. His handful of possessions will be missed dearly.

This finals series will be interesting. Pies, Port and Lions all chokers. Someone like Geelong or Melbourne could snatch it.
Don't really think the Pies could be classed as cookers under McRae unfortunately.

The seem to win most of the close ones.
They'll be hard to beat on their home ground.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hell of a kick to win the match - still find it annoying that he can run off the line from his mark whilst out of bounds and the umpires don't call it out though.

Pretty sure the umpire even called 'play on' marginally before he'd crossed back into play.

It's classic AFL isn't it -- that's the rule, but actually calling it in that moment would be....not the 'vibe'.

This finals series will be interesting. Pies, Port and Lions all chokers. Someone like Geelong or Melbourne could snatch it.

Agreed. This year is the football equivalent of L.Hewitt being no.1 between the fall of Sampras and rise of Federer.

Demons in particular look well placed to make a charge with Oliver and Fritsch returning before finals.

I'm still far from convinced by Collingwood. Relying on generating scores from defensive half shouldn't be sustainable, and I'm disappointed in the paucity of coaching that hasn't really given McRae's approach a proper inspection and allows for the same outcomes to occur each week.

I think it would be interesting to see if their [Collingwood's] gameplan still holds as well against an opponent that deploys an aggressive forward press, which prevents those kicks from entering the corridor.

Don't really think the Pies could be classed as cookers under McCrae unfortunately.

The seem to win most of the close ones.
They'll be hard to beat on their home ground.
Go check their finals record. Have lost nearly all their close ones for the last 5 years (beating us by a point in 2020 was about their only win). Lost two finals by less than a goal last year.

Go check their finals record. Have lost nearly all their close ones for the last 5 years (beating us by a point in 2020 was about their only win). Lost two finals by less than a goal last year.
Last year was their first under McRae and they probably overachieved.

Losing to the eventual premiers by a point and the other grand finalist by a goal was a pretty good season.

This year they look the stand out team this year.

I have a terrible feeling Daicos is going to win the Norm Smith and Brownlow.

Last edited:
Wow how good are rozee and butters
If you get an early-ish (5), mid (12) and late (18) first round picks and end up with Rozee, Butters and Duursma, you've absolutely banged it. Nailed it.

In fact, for that you've set the club up for a decade.

No fan of Port, but 100% kudos for the best drafting with solid but not great picks of the past decade.

Agreed. This year is the football equivalent of L.Hewitt being no.1 between the fall of Sampras and rise of Federer.

Demons in particular look well placed to make a charge with Oliver and Fritsch returning before finals.

I'm still far from convinced by Collingwood. Relying on generating scores from defensive half shouldn't be sustainable, and I'm disappointed in the paucity of coaching that hasn't really given McRae's approach a proper inspection and allows for the same outcomes to occur each week.

I think it would be interesting to see if their [Collingwood's] gameplan still holds as well against an opponent that deploys an aggressive forward press, which prevents those kicks from entering the corridor.
We will see. I thought Port were more physical inside and unsettled the Pies. Port were then cleaner outside in general. Port probably fumbled more late costing them.

Rozee, Butters and Duursma were their usual class but JFH is a serious find.

If you get an early-ish (5), mid (12) and late (18) first round picks and end up with Rozee, Butters and Duursma, you've absolutely banged it. Nailed it.

In fact, for that you've set the club up for a decade.

No fan of Port, but 100% kudos for the best drafting with solid but not great picks of the past decade.

They’ve also managed to develop them into midfielders, something we've largely failed to do with our first rounders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back