Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That Manchester rain is beautiful

Friend in Leeds, spent 4 weeks visiting her back in ze day during their summer time to avoid winter here, across those 4 weeks, lost about a week and half just with persistent rain, I mean IDC, but it was much like winter here since their summer then benched at around 22 maybe?

I kinda got how everyone there and Ireland were just miserable with that amount of precipitation everywhere everytime.

Also, lol to watching the swimming and mass disqualifications based on "you turned a fraction of a second before you were supposed to" maybe we might see a "your lycra rode a bit and you flashed the public" DQ over comms.

Friend in Leeds, spent 4 weeks visiting her back in ze day during their summer time to avoid winter here, across those 4 weeks, lost about a week and half just with persistent rain, I mean IDC, but it was much like winter here since their summer then benched at around 22 maybe?

I kinda got how everyone there and Ireland were just miserable with that amount of precipitation everywhere everytime.

Also, lol to watching the swimming and mass disqualifications based on "you turned a fraction of a second before you were supposed to" maybe we might see a "your lycra rode a bit and you flashed the public" DQ over comms.
Dunno what the hell ya on about, I was talking about the cricket old mate

You could cook a roast and still have time before George catches on

I suppose knowing a female in a foreign country might have blown his mind, you might have a point. 3 course meal it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Raining The Shawshank Redemption GIF

Can't get ashes without rain I say.

I said to a mate after we won the first 2 it was all over, he laughed at me noting my maths was off.

Who’s laughing now ya daffy prick. Always gonna lose one match to rain.

Listening to the poms bang on about what a travesty it is, it’s YOUR weather. Also Joe Root and co suggesting they could play til 10pm, is that the spirit of cricket is it?

Can’t remember a more satisfying feeling after retaining the urn tbh.

I said to a mate after we won the first 2 it was all over, he laughed at me noting my maths was off.

Listening to the poms bang on about what a travesty it is, it’s YOUR weather. Also Joe Root and co suggesting they could play til 10pm, is that the spirit of cricket is it?

Sleepy Joe can play at 2am when there was a break in the rain, sadly, he might need to rent a bowling machine.

Did lol at Stokes coming out in a little hat as if it was sunny out, like nah mate, pissing down rain, bring ya booties not your little baby bonnet.

It is weird though that they can't extend the first few days even though everyone knows the forecast is that they're going to lose days later. May as well play the hours when they're there.

It is weird though that they can't extend the first few days even though everyone knows the forecast is that they're going to lose days later. May as well play the hours when they're there.
Sure, if that becomes the norm go for it.

Currently it’s not and nobody should be changing the rules mid game.

Sure, if that becomes the norm go for it.

Currently it’s not and nobody should be changing the rules mid game.

Well yeah obviously shouldn't change the rules mid game. Just feels like they're a relic of the distant past before weather forecasts. If you're going to play a multi day game then why not use all the information at your disposal to give it the best possible chance of a result?

Forecasts can be wrong is the thing, the 4th test that rain band just stuck around, and that area sees a lot of it, I get images of their winter from the friend and yeah, she jumped for joy just because it reached 28 as if that was actually hot, it's just, England in centre to north is that sort of "lot of moisture around" sort of area. For me it was kinda like a tropics if it was arctic instead of equatorial.

England should just learn how to build roofs if they want to have a full test match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back