List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

I never quite got Preuss, he was always talented but seemed to be low ambition.
It was bizzare when he chose to go from being second fiddle behind Goldstein to second fiddle behind Gawn.
Stole a living for a decade trundling around in the Twos with absolutely no interest in doing more.

Good gig if you can get it.

Does anyone know where there is a list of players yet to receive contracts from their clubs?

I know of Tomlinson, Marchbank, Granger-Barras, Eyre and Clurey as potential DFA defenders, any other ideas?

I'd get Jackson Callow or Connor Ballenden on a rookie contract in the PSD. Both playing as forwards in the SANFL but both can play both ends. I remember Callow played some back when in Tassie and his intercepting game was very good.

Guys desperate for a second chance usually have something to prove.

Damien Barrett is on our screens and in our ears for one simple reason; the AFL media are far too conservative, lazy and complacent to look for new voices and most fans are too conservative to let them without complaining. They know we will pay attention no matter bad, old or boring the content is - just look at Trade Radio as a perfect example of how desperate we are to consume AFL media. Why would they try harder?

Look at mugs like Gerard Wheatley and Mark Robinson, the same old presenters for 15 YEARS with the same old hackneyed routine. It's stagnation, masked as tradition.

We could find presenters and journalists a hundred times more professional than Damien Barrett if we actually wanted to, but he keeps his job even though his bosses know that they could find loads of better options, because they think he's part of the tradition and even that he's beloved by AFL audiences, and even if he isn't who really cares, we'll still watch, and just moan about it! They're right!

Let's face it, It takes ZERO talent and not even that much work to do what he does. His brainfart opinions, his ridiculous sliding doors article and his soporific appearances on TV and radio add nothing to the landscape, but the alternative is to find a new voice, and the stations who cover AFL just cannot be bothered. A shame.
Always staggered me just how many “journos” there are to cover one National game.

It’s debatable based on who we draft or how we use that pick.

8 + 32 for 15+16+21 could potentially be considered a win aswell.

I think we have to if we are to fill more of our list holes. We could grab Lindsay/Hynes, Trainor and Dodson with thise picks.

If it means as you mentioned adding a F2 or F3 we should seriousl consider it.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been researching the state leagues for players. Max Knobel is one to watch on Freo's list. Getting crazy hit out numbers in the WAFL. His Gippsland Power ruck partner Harvey Howe looks like he's going pretty well in SANFL and is huge. Could probably play straight up and would be a rookie contract.

Someone will pick him up I think, he showed plenty in the VFL this year.
Cumberland is the other we could throw a lifeline with a preseason in defence. Just trying to think out of the box. Any third talls being delisted aren’t worth the list spot but giving a forward a go with some ability but inconsistent has worked plenty in the past.

Is Brayden Crossley a delisted free agent?

More importantly, is his mum a free spirit?

I've been researching the state leagues for players. Max Knobel is one to watch on Freo's list. Getting crazy hit out numbers in the WAFL. His Gippsland Power ruck partner Harvey Howe looks like he's going pretty well in SANFL and is huge. Could probably play straight up and would be a rookie contract.
When are the club going to get you on the payroll?

How much money would it take bruh?

Trent's son.

Cumberland is the other we could throw a lifeline with a preseason in defence. Just trying to think out of the box. Any third talls being delisted aren’t worth the list spot but giving a forward a go with some ability but inconsistent has worked plenty in the past.
Please tell me you aren't referring to Noah Cumberland? lol.

And there is some other Cumberland around?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back