News Coaching Thread: The Hardwick Era

Remove this Banner Ad

Tbh, Leppa is a better assistant coach than senior one. He's been there, done that.Didn't work out.
Just like Bolton. Sometimes, its not for them.
Sometimes it also depends on circumstances. Most re-build coaches don't survive.

I believe Leppa started with Lions losing 5 players to opposition, including Docherty, Yeo.

Tbh, Leppa is a better assistant coach than senior one. He's been there, done that.Didn't work out.
Just like Bolton. Sometimes, it's not for them.

I think Leppitsch will make an exceptional senior coach the second time around. He's had seven years in the system since coaching Brisbane. You learn a lot about the senior leadership position after having the senior leadership position and then going back to being an assistant and watching the person ahead of you from a new vantage point.
My money is on Leppa to be successful the second time around. Success follows this guy.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think Leppitsch will make an exceptional senior coach the second time around. He's had seven years in the system since coaching Brisbane. You learn a lot about the senior leadership position after having the senior leadership position and then going back to being an assistant and watching the person ahead of you from a new vantage point.
My money is on Leppa to be successful the second time around. Success follows this guy.

What was the knock on him last time.
Game Day?
Recruitment?
Relationships?

I think Dew's biggest regret will be being too pig headed to pull the trigger to release his players and see what such a talented team could do. For a man who talks about throwing a punch, he never did, he was regimented on his vision and his plan.

I always find it curious when unsuccessful coaches stare at the cameras and mumble about trusting the process and analysing the vision etc when there is zero data to show that the “ process” is working for that particular player group
Dew cant moan about dying beside the sword he lived by
This bloke has no regrets
IMG_6523.JPG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I always find it curious when unsuccessful coaches stare at the cameras and mumble about trusting the process and analysing the vision etc when there is zero data to show that the “ process” is working for that particular player group
Dew cant moan about dying beside the sword he lived by
This bloke has no regrets
View attachment 1759481

I am happy to see that safe dew game plan of chip it around the backline and bomb down the wing style is gone. Players were playing with confidence and clear vision of what is required

Is it too early to start building a Bob East statue

Gold Coast are a step closer to confirming Damien Hardwick as their next coach, with club chief executive Mark Evans planning to jump on a plane to talk to Hardwick on his European vacation.

A senior club source, who was not authorised to speak publicly on the issue, has confirmed to The Scoop that the club reached out to Hardwick via phone last week to enquire if the three-time premiership coach at Richmond was interested in continuing his senior coaching career at the Suns.

Following that conversation, the club devised a clandestine plan to send a senior representative to Europe to meet Hardwick face to face.

A senior industry source, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said Hardwick was expected to be offered a five-year contract.

Gold Coast’s sole focus is now to agree to terms with Hardwick before the end of the season. The Scoop has not been able to identify any other candidates in the process.

Gold Coast are a step closer to confirming Damien Hardwick as their next coach, with club chief executive Mark Evans planning to jump on a plane to talk to Hardwick on his European vacation.

A senior club source, who was not authorised to speak publicly on the issue, has confirmed to The Scoop that the club reached out to Hardwick via phone last week to enquire if the three-time premiership coach at Richmond was interested in continuing his senior coaching career at the Suns.

Following that conversation, the club devised a clandestine plan to send a senior representative to Europe to meet Hardwick face to face.

A senior industry source, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said Hardwick was expected to be offered a five-year contract.

Gold Coast’s sole focus is now to agree to terms with Hardwick before the end of the season. The Scoop has not been able to identify any other candidates in the process.

If Hardwick accepts it's massive
Someone like him wouldn't even have considered us 3 years ago
Credit to Dew for getting us to this point but he sadly didn't have the coaching nous to get us to the next level

Remove this Banner Ad

News Coaching Thread: The Hardwick Era

Remove this Banner Ad

Back