Autopsy Round 21, 2023: St.Kilda v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks draft him at pick 33.
Trade him to Freo and get pick 23.

Saints think they are such hotshots for doing a megatrade for him.
Hill is really a luxury player.. Only if you team has a strong midfield and can dominate possessions and feed him the ball in space.. in our team with a poor midfield he is a liability.. when we send half of the players to win the ball, there’s no space for clean disposal. Part of the reason a half of our team are turnover merchants..

Had a good feeling about this week.

A feeling that the Saints would turn up switched on and ready to play. THEY DID!

4 goals up at half time though the old Saints good enough culture kicked in and movement, team play, run ground to a halt.

Being a Saints supporter is like being in an abusive relationship. SEASON DONE!

Unironically though, Curnow the best forward in the comp and Wilkie destroyed him.

Fantastic performance from.him.

Also Battle really stepped up while Wilkie was preoccupied with Curnow.

On Pixel 6 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yea thought battle had one of his best games of the year.

Pretty flat, but long term would have been kidding ourselves if we fluked finals and thought everything was coming together.

Music to my ears to hear Ross go whack at the midfield in his presser.

For me, forward and defence we can definitely work with. Midfield is letting us down, they have all season to be fair.

Pretty flat, but long term would have been kidding ourselves if we fluked finals and thought everything was coming together.

Music to my ears to hear Ross go whack at the midfield in his presser.

For me, forward and defence we can definitely work with. Midfield is letting us down, they have all season to be fair.
They have for 5 years tbh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Under Lyon, the Saints play better without King. Other than that, our midfield was putrid- the captain showed little desperation, Crouch went missing, Clark is too slow and Byrnes no idea. Wood was good.
Wood turned over almost every kick he took.
Did some really good things and then totally stuffed the kick.
He was disappointing today.

It’s ok they had Walsh and Cerra out! With our full strength midfield of Steele, Crouch, Clark and Owens/Sinclair going through there we should smash them.
The problem is they had 6-7 experienced and big bodied mids rotating even with Cerra and Walsh out.. And they dared to play fast and high risk high reward football knowing their mids and backline are strong enough to win the ball back in case of a mistake.

If we turn the call over, most likely a score against us.

Disappointing. But you are not going to win only kicking 8 goals.

Can't see us making the finals now.
Would need to win 2 more and unfortunately I don't see it.

Scratching the head with Stocker as sub.
Gresh went back to usual programming. Would have rathered Billings.
Just guessing but I reckon Stocker as the sub because:

- could take Sincs or Windhagers slot to enable them to move into the midfield late;

- thought he might want to stick it to his old side.

Actually thought he was ok when he came on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 21, 2023: St.Kilda v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back