List Mgmt. We Have A Bright Future

Remove this Banner Ad

Because 3/4 of that list are the ones spudding things up at the moment.

But are those 3/4 the one's that are actually bad? Or is it more the way Graham and McIntosh don't really have the athleticism for a pressure game? Or is it because we're playing two lumbering rucks rather than a more mobile second ruck? Or maybe a more competent fed target than Jack at this stage of his career?

But are those 3/4 the one's that are actually bad? Or is it more the way Graham and McIntosh don't really have the athleticism for a pressure game? Or is it because we're playing two lumbering rucks rather than a more mobile second ruck? Or maybe a more competent fed target than Jack at this stage of his career?

All of the above - I said to my mate I felt we were playing 5 short on the weekend - Soldo, Jack, Graham, macca, Pickett - which has been the case for most of the year tbf

All of the above - I said to my mate I felt we were playing 5 short on the weekend - Soldo, Jack, Graham, macca, Pickett - which has been the case for most of the year tbf

My controversial take all year has been play Pickett over McIntosh on the wing. I think Pickett's season has been seen as poor because he's being asked to play out of position. The few times we've seen him on a wing, I think we've still seen some of the best of his game, and shown some of the reasons why he looked to be an (underrated) AA wingman early last season.

But I do think that now we've had Banks play a couple AFL games, he should be persisted with.

Jack is just unfortunate with Lynch's injury, so not much to be made there. I have also said to just play Biggie as a tall target, since he can't do much less than what Pickett offers in the same role.

But largely, our biggest issue (outside of injuries) this season has been team selection, and whether its playing an extra tall when we don't need to, or playing extra inside mids when we don't need to, or a mixture of both.

It's hard to know. Haven't really had any consistency with the list all year and the loss of Lynch has hurt real bad structurally. Gibcus robbed of year's worth of development too. Dow looks real good based off a small sample size and Ross continues to improve. The real question is what has happened to Sonsie and where is HRS at?

Remember when we took Reece Conca with pick 6?
Text Love GIF by pjur

Do we trust our recruiting team?
I do, I think they've been setting us up for the way the game is headed with their recruitment over the last few years. The game is heading towards quick fast accurate ball movement and we've got a good group of young skilled ball users who also cover the ground quickly. We just haven't been able to see them at the highest level just level yet.

Don't know what Hardwick's plan was this year but we weren't close to winning another flag
Pretty sure the plan didn't involve both Lynch & Gibcus missing the year.

cultural issues held us back for 40 years and unfortunately 3 flags was not going to fix that overnight

Club needs to stop looking at itself and its success in the mirror & start looking at where we are heading.
Fmd.
I guess Benny has been a fraud all these years.
Talk about self indulgence. lol

Remember though, Hawthorn did a similar thing after their flags.

It didn't work for them, but their future is looking bright atm. Not all doom and gloom

They are 8 years post last flag though. They are also 16th on the ladder. So if we follow that we have 5 years of very hard work to put together a young list from now, that will still only be 16th in 5 years time, but showing promise against top sides. That timeline puts us 7 or so years from playing finals and maybe 9 from challenging top 4. If we want to speed it up may have to trade some of our best 24-27 year olds now.

Its a long road, but looks to be no other way. Atleast our coach left earlier than Clarko which may speed it up. The next few years will be the hardest cos we will still be losing with an old list.

Last edited:
Fmd.

4 good years in 40 does not make you bullet proof. Reality bites.

Any club that supports its leader rooting the sales chick on a work trip can't claim to have a good culture. Sorry

Also, i was listening to the SACKED podcast and listen to Balmeys episode which was done after 2021. Interesting. give it a listen. He talks about how Dimma is more invested in the club than ever, no chance he leaves and that there is no chance we want him to leave. 16 months later he left.

Shit changes fast sometimes.

Any club that supports its leader rooting the sales chick on a work trip can't claim to have a good culture. Sorry

As soon as that happened the culture was rooted. The curse of Mrs Hardwick is going to be very hard to lift.

As soon as that happened the culture was rooted. The curse of Mrs Hardwick is going to be very hard to lift.

Yep i said it at the time. So did "Sunshine", as well as a couple of others.

You have the entire club locked in a hub and you have the coach hooking into the sales chick while everyone knows his wife is in the most depressing state in the world, Melbourne, dealing with lock-ins.

We accepted unacceptable behaviour because we put success before culture & now we pay the price. Its why the Celtics sacked their coach for doing the same thing, even though he had taken them to the #1 seed and runner-up in his 1 and only season, winning "Coach of the year".

Club first. Always.No matter who. It would have been like the Roo's moving on Archer & Stevens after Carey banged Stevo's wife in Archers dunny.Carey was the greatest player in their history & even they knew they couldn't keep their culture and credibility as long as Wayne was there. They cut the cord on their own version of Dusty, as what the club stood for was bigger than anything else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

None of our kids scream out star to me, which is highly concerning.
Clarke and Banks will be good players, but I stress good, nothing more. Who knows, they may be better. I like the way both of them go about it.
Brown is untried so we don't know.
Ryan has the tools, but doesn't strike me as a potential star.
Sonsie, by all reports, has attitude problems, which is why he slid to our pick in the first place.
Cumberland reminds of Alex Sexton from the Suns. Can kick goals, but if he doesn't, he may as well not be there. Plus he isn't really a kid anymore.
MRJ doesn't have any tools other than defensive pressure.
Ralphsmith, just no.
Coulthard looks likely, but need to see more of him.
Gibcus looks great, but who knows now? Missed an entire year with a hamstring.
Just an opinion. You don't have to agree.

Well said.

Ultimately we are going to have a few years down the bottom to get our chances at the next wave of stars. Just have to nail the picks.

Nail the picks lol

That’s probably what we need to do. Probably only need 2 years of high end picks if you nail them.

Nail the picks lol

Do we trust our recruiting team?

As much as I trust Dimma being faithful.

Not even a little bit but surely they can nail some top 3-4 picks 🥴

Clarke would try to outsmart everyone and select someone who was projected in the third round and tell the fans how good it was to get them at this pick and that another club a few selections later wanted them.

Also, the stuff on Hardwick cheating is relevant to where our club is now.

I don't like cheaters, even if they serve my purpose.its called having ethics & morales.

Maybe you should try it one day instead of the alternative
Don't worry i'm a very loyal person when it comes to MY relationships.

Hardly broke the club.You seem to misplace your vendetta with the club with the fact that in reality 10yrs of Finals football caught up with the group but that same Group despite Dimmas so called falling out made finals in 22 in which the side was robbed by a BS non decision to advance further.
So yep we really were a broken club.

The club was fractured. Some prominent players never recovered that position with Hardwick. There was energy, love and connection that was ruined.

The club made the biggest mistake in protecting Hardwick. A decision they did eventual rue. But hey, it’s all against the peaches and rainbows most want to hear about our club and the fact they can never do wrong.

Believe what you want. We went from almighty conquerors to pussy cats. Don’t let excuses like umpiring blind that.

Mod says stop you know what and you dudes keep going. We all know what happen so leave it at that.
I'm glad about what we are looking for in our new coach as all the inclusions mean we won't get anyone so MINI it is lol
Gone are the days we need new ideas, and someone with some track record instead we need someone to lovy lovy the players and send them to the mindful coach to check on their mentality.
No coach should have the attitude of my way or the highway lol Once again has to be Lovy Lovy f that.

Here is an under 27 side, I haven’t put in Graham, Ross, Sonsie but they could easily be selected. I’ve gone for more leg speed to balance out Hopper and Taranto. The defence looks pretty solid, glaring hole at KPF and lack some elite young players that project to be AA IMG_0137.jpeg

Last edited:
Fmd.
If you want self indulgent, read the requirements of our new coach

What's the saying? Go woke, go broke? That list was a massive wank

I just don't understand this negativity around our list at the moment. I agree that the recruitment department has made an oversight in our KPF stocks, but we are just that one player away before we look close to another top 4 side imo.

Balta - Gibus - Broad
Short - Vlastuin - Rioli
Ross - Taranto - Banks
Baker - Bauer - Rioli Jr
Dusty - Lynch - Cumberland

Nank - Bolton - Hopper

Ryan - Sonsie - Clarke - Brown/Pickett/Young/Grimes/HRS

If that's our starting 22 next season, what's not to like about it?
I disagree completely we are a long way off being a top 4 side again, it will take us a while to get Ryan, Gibcus, Bauer & Banks all to 60-70 games & that's going to take time, they will not be stars overrnight but we just need to start playing them it's why I don't think McQualter will ultimately get the job because he keeps playing guys like McIntosh & Pickett.

I could understand Dimma not dropping them because of what they did for him in the Premierships but Mini should have made some statements.

Just so we're clear, you don't want a coach who:
Can adapt and change as the game evolves
Can be caring and empathetic with both staff and players
Is a competitor that never gives up
A clear communicator
Is able to manage both themselves and their staff & players
Is the face of the club

So what exactly do you want from a coach?
Maybe this bloke should have applied?

You Will Not Cry Full Metal Jacket GIF

Last edited:

You signed up in Oct 2020!
lol. Now it makes sense.
I'd be bitter and twisted too.

Also, i was listening to the SACKED podcast and listen to Balmeys episode which was done after 2021. Interesting. give it a listen. He talks about how Dimma is more invested in the club than ever, no chance he leaves and that there is no chance we want him to leave. 16 months later he left.

s**t changes fast sometimes.
Why are you talking about 40 years ago like its relevant right now? Who cares about 40 years, thats a compltely different time.

RIGHT NOW, there have been 2 flags since we won our last won.
RIGHT NOW, we have won 3 of the last 6 flags.
RIGHT NOW, we are just seeing the end of a dynasty and an era. Its literally just finishing now.

And actually a good culture is many things, and its certainly not sacking anyone that does anything that is disliked within the club. Creating that culture doesn't mean being saints and disowning anyone that is not, its about embracing imperfection and vulnerability.

We don't know what it looked like inside the club, we don't know what any of these peoples lives looked like and why decision were made. Which makes it odd to think you can pass judgement on things you literally have nfi idea. Maybe drop footy and go watch the Kardashians or something if you're so interested in gossiping about people lives who you've never met

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. We Have A Bright Future

Remove this Banner Ad

Back