List Mgmt. We Have A Bright Future

Remove this Banner Ad

We have half a dozen youngsters to come in still.
We’re hoping Bradtke can work his way into the team to give us the tall forward we need for the future. Bauer looks very promising as a second or third tall. We’ll be ok. Draft coming up soon. We are miles ahead of west coast. The comp is very even from 6th to 16th. Obviously we aren’t top 4 quality but we can work on that with drafting and game plans

None of our kids scream out star to me, which is highly concerning.
Clarke and Banks will be good players, but I stress good, nothing more. Who knows, they may be better. I like the way both of them go about it.
Brown is untried so we don't know.
Ryan has the tools, but doesn't strike me as a potential star.
Sonsie, by all reports, has attitude problems, which is why he slid to our pick in the first place.
Cumberland reminds of Alex Sexton from the Suns. Can kick goals, but if he doesn't, he may as well not be there. Plus he isn't really a kid anymore.
MRJ doesn't have any tools other than defensive pressure.
Ralphsmith, just no.
Coulthard looks likely, but need to see more of him.
Gibcus looks great, but who knows now? Missed an entire year with a hamstring.
Just an opinion. You don't have to agree.

Our kids are still too raw to be putting a line through them. Havent been given enough chances but all that is about to change. Our VFL team performs pretty reasonably IMO.

I dont believe its all doom and gloom, we will definitely have a few tough years ahead and it won't take much for us to grab pick 1, 2 or 3 as other sides below us improve. I just look at how Hawthorn have done it and I hope we follow a similar path. I think it doesn't look that bad.

Hawks are rebuilding their list nicely. Possible to use them as a template.

2018 - (finished 4th) picks 52 & 63 with Scully & Wingard (you could say that is us right now with Taranto & Hopper with no first round pick, we still have our 2nd and 3rd rounders though)
2019 - (finished 9th) picks 13,29,57 with Frost & Patton (we wont be finishing 9th next year, probably bottom 4)
2020 - (finished 15th) picks 6,29,35,46 Hartigan & Phillips
2021- (finished 14th) picks 7,23,26,53
- (finished 13th) picks 7,18,37,46,51
2023 - (currently 16th) pick 3* getting pick 3 the way they are currently playing will be a bonus for them.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just don't understand this negativity around our list at the moment. I agree that the recruitment department has made an oversight in our KPF stocks, but we are just that one player away before we look close to another top 4 side imo.

Balta - Gibus - Broad
Short - Vlastuin - Rioli
Ross - Taranto - Banks
Baker - Bauer - Rioli Jr
Dusty - Lynch - Cumberland

Nank - Bolton - Hopper

Ryan - Sonsie - Clarke - Brown/Pickett/Young/Grimes/HRS

If that's our starting 22 next season, what's not to like about it?

Clarke and Banks will be good players, but I stress good, nothing more.
Sonsie, by all reports, has attitude problems, which is why he slid to our pick in the first place.
Cumberland reminds of Alex Sexton from the Suns. Can kick goals, but if he doesn't, he may as well not be there. Plus he isn't really a kid anymore.
Ralphsmith, just no.
Yeah I've thought the same. When Dimma took over as coach we had a core group of elite potential with Cotchin, Dusty, Jack, Rance, Grimes, Edwards Houli etc. We have nowhere near that talent at the moment.

I just don't understand this negativity around our list at the moment. I agree that the recruitment department has made an oversight in our KPF stocks, but we are just that one player away before we look close to another top 4 side imo.

Balta - Gibus - Broad
Short - Vlastuin - Rioli
Ross - Taranto - Banks
Baker - Bauer - Rioli Jr

Nank - Bolton - Hopper

So are we rating your team on potential or the way they played against Saints yesterday?
I personally didn’t rate 1 player yesterday as a 7/10 or higher.
No hunger, no desperation, no pressure, no tackling, no hard running into zones/ gaps , no leadership.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Clarke and Banks will be good players, but I stress good, nothing more. Who knows, they may be better. I like the way both of them go about it.
Ralphsmith, just no.
All fair comment, Tug.
It’s exactly where I see them all at, which is worrying.
No first rounder this year has arrived at an awful time in our development and progression.

I know how a lot on here are dead keen on trading or packaging up anyone of value, but it’s got to be front of mind for our recruiting team.

So are we rating your team on potential or the way they played against Saints yesterday?

Part potential, part we know what the best of some of these players can do.

Taranto - Hopper - Bolton as our main midfield mix with Sonsie the one to rotate through, alongside Dusty and Rioli Jr. Is there anything from these players that screams at you as being bad or unfit?

By the way, Rioli Jr had a 20 possessions, 13 tackles, 7 clearance game in the VFL. He gets even 1/2 of those numbers, he's clearly AFL level.

In the forward line, we have Lynch, Dusty and Baker, which we all know the abilities of. Bauer has shown some promising glimpses, and Cumberland has the ability (not even talking about his potential, but his ability shown last season) as long as we get his confidence back, we know the player we have with him.

The backline speaks for itself. I don't think saying that we could have a genuinely elite backline is that controversial, as long as we get our midfield mix correct.

Ryan has clearly shown this season he belongs at AFL level, the same with Clarke.

I personally didn’t rate 1 player yesterday as a 7/10 or higher.
No hunger, no desperation, no pressure, no tackling, no hard running into zones/ gaps , no leadership.

If we're judging players based off of one game, we might as well have folded as a club at the end of 2016 after that Swans game.

I remember being all in with that rebel group and wanting Hardwick sacked, and that would've been the ruthless thing to do, but the powers that be didn't do it.

I like Hopper and believe he will be good for us, but should we of been ruthless where he was concerned after he's decided to come to us? I don't know.

I blame GWS the greedy bastards for not having a first rounder, and I want us to go the biff when we play them next season.

Balta - Gibus - Broad
Short - Vlastuin - Rioli
Ross - Taranto - Banks
Baker - Bauer - Rioli Jr

Nank - Bolton - Hopper

I'm with ya. On paper that's a pretty strong side. New coach, new gameplan, another pre-season into the kids and an injection of youth into the 23 and should still push for finals IMO.

Balta - Gibus - Broad
Short - Vlastuin - Rioli
Ross - Taranto - Banks
Baker - Bauer - Rioli Jr

Nank - Bolton - Hopper

yes and no! i look at that and see all the good attributes these players have but when you start looking at their weaknesses you start seeing why there was so many times just this weekend of St Kilda getting into open space and destroying us! delivery into forward line going straight to their talls.

A lot of us have taken the Richmond goggles off and while we can blame umpires and the like - we are just not good enough! i cant remember the last time we've taken any team to the sword and put them away good and proper.

our depth is not their anymore, we have senior players doing good things and then ******* things. we have players that cant get through a whole year without being rested or doing soft tissue injuries. we have no fresh look from a coaching aspect. We dont have much more than plan A let alone a plan B.

what we do have is a strong supporter base, money(worthless in this current climate of equality), strong leadership(board level) - we just need to fix the on field stuff!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. We Have A Bright Future

Remove this Banner Ad

Back