Universal Love Thank You Jack Riewoldt - Link To Presser In OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Praise should be given on a dedicated career, Richmond great and afl legend
All the best post footbal Jack.Im sure it will be as rich and fulfilling as your football years

3× AFL premiership player: 2017, 2019, 2020
3× All-Australian team: 2010, 2015, 2018
3× Coleman Medal: 2010, 2012, 2018
2× Ian Stewart Medal: 2010, 2012

giphy.gif

Another sad day for the club, with Jack's imminent retirement, but what an amazing career - it really is feeling like an end to one of the most glorious chapters in the history of the Richmond Football Club.

He is the best full forward I have ever watched play at the Richmond Football Club (that is saying something when you consider the calibre of full forwards including Jack 'Skinny' Titus - statistically the greatest full forward the club has ever produced, Matthew Richardson, Michael 'Disco' Roach, Jeff Hogg, apologies to any other great past full forwards who have represented the club).

Jack was the whole package, fearless, passionate, inspirational, great footy smarts, developed into a exceptional team first player, his ability to read the flight of the ball early from the kicker to outbody his defender and mark, the explosive high pack marks, the beautiful and accurate goal kicking technique and also did the non stat one percenters very well, running down players, tackling, tap ons, blocking in packs to team mates advantage, halving contests in the air and on the ground to allow his team mates to work into the contest.

Also love the fact, that he will go down as a loyal one club player for the mighty Richmond Football Club and was one of the key components on field in helping the team to win 3 premierships in 4 years.

Thanks for the memories Jack and wishing you all the best in retirement.

Go Tigers...Raise The Fight...Eat Em Alive

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fascinating for me was not the fact that Jack was a pivotal part of our 2017 turnaround, but how he got there. He went from focusing only on his own performance pre 2017, to being primarily team oriented.

He, like most of us, after the 2016 debacle, had written off any chance of finals success in the foreseeable future, so decided his main role in the team will be to assist the next generation younger players in an on field leadership role. Playing for each other became the team mantra and he was front and centre of its implementation.

The rest is beautiful history :cool:

He’s nearly matched richos career goal tally, exceeded expectations, legend!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Very early on in his career, I was vocal and was calling him a dud. Only getting a game because of the Riewoldt name. And boy, I loved getting proved wrong during the remainder of his career. A brilliant career, from a tiger through and through.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Thank You Jack Riewoldt - Link To Presser In OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back