Player Watch Rory Sloane - Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Terrible list management. Now probably will lose 2 of Crouch, Doedee, McAdam, Borlase, all of whom would be preferable for various reasons. Unless we already know some of them are leaving....
Throw in Gollant and Berry. Cook must be under the pump.

For 1 more year of superannuation for an aging star.

I'd like to keep Doedee and McAdam.

If Crouch is retained also, we'll have no main list spots.

Could delist and re-rookie - say, Hamill, Sholl, and one other.

3 spots for picks, and no more rookies
This is the only way we can un-**** this up
And then not pick Rory in Rd 1

Page 1 of this thread is pretty funny
I'm scared to check what I wrote.

"Jesus Christ. 5 years!? That's 2 years too many imo. Still probably worth it just to stick it up the Victorians I guess."

chernobyl-not-great-not-terrible.gif

What a bunch of happy clappers. I'm tempted to make a comment of disapproval but it just won't be worth copping the BS from them all.

We as a club cannot remove ourselves from the emotion of handling our club 'legends'. It's always hang around as long as you like, you make the call when you're ready to finish up.

I'm finally going to admit, we are happy with mediocrity at this club. "Make finals" is our sole objective.
Go on there and do it. I did and got 4 likes and one post agreeing with me. Got one angry emoticon but I can live with that. :)

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm tipping Justin Reid has been overruled by admin and the committee because no way is retaining Sloane good list management. This is a "feel good" decision by the AFC hierarchy and as weak as piss especially if they seriously think he will be any sort of decent contributor in 2024
Improvement from an acl would be a big factor which i tend to agree with (having done an acl at a similar age it improves a fair bit from year 1 to year 2) which might see him being ok next year. He could also not improve and continue his natural decline which we have seen this year. We will find out i guess.
34 year olds don't improve...

Jack Reiwoldt

View attachment 1774922

Rory Sloane

View attachment 1774923

Spot the team player

Reiwoldt:
I am
I think

It is about him accepting the reality of what the club can do without him.

Sloane:
I want
I can
I appreciate
I have

It is about what he gets to do, and what he gets in return. It is about him being the club.

He wants to do all he can, except be delisted and go on the rookie list. That's for others.

Young, developing players can't just expect to be handed a spot in the best 22, they have to step up and earn it, who do they think they are anyway? Rory Sloane?

Still means we need to find list spots.. thats the whole point..

We’ve got none. Unless we let crouch and mcadam go..

So we’ve kept the unflushable turd at a maasive cost to our list and 22..

If we lose mcadam.. heads should fuxxkn roll..

The only caveat on that is maybe he has already gone.
You would imagine at this stage of the season the Crouch, Doedee and MacAdam decisions are done - perhaps they have been already offered contracts greater than what we were offering and we made the call to let them go.

Would assume something coming back I trade in that instance

And likely Sloane size contract was not hindering others resigning

If we push McAdam out - and Crouch - you are spot on. Would be very foolish

For me if Tom goes he goes - good player but we have several similar (better) versions anyway

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Jack Reiwoldt

View attachment 1774922

Rory Sloane

View attachment 1774923

Spot the team player
In fairness Jack is 18 months older than Rory and he could have bowed out at this best 2 years ago.

Jack however have had a good year and is leaving on a good season personally.31 goals so far. I don't think Rory has been that good this season. Average in fact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reiwoldt:
I am
I think

It is about him accepting the reality of what the club can do without him.

Sloane:
I want
I can
I appreciate
I have

It is about what he gets to do, and what he gets in return. It is about him being the club.

He wants to do all he can, except be delisted and go on the rookie list. That's for others.

Bit of a stretch I reckon. Lists are at very different stages - we were probably keen for him to stay and Richmond keen for Reiwoldt to finish just due to the demographics

I heard crouch wants to leave and my feeling is McAdam will go back to WA. Doedee is definitely leaving imo.
Hall's Creek is 2,661km from Perth where McAdam's family reside unless you think he's suiting up for a team in the Kimberley's?

Heard where exactly that Crouch wants to leave because I've heard from the right people both he and his partners preference is to stay in Adelaide...of course he may have no other options if Nicks pushes him out the door.

Bit of a stretch I reckon. Lists are at very different stages - we were probably keen for him to stay and Richmond keen for Reiwoldt to finish just due to the demographics

Yeah it isn't like we need to make room in the midfield to actually develop some younger midfielders or anything like that. :drunk:

Hall's Creek is 2,661km from Perth where McAdam's family reside unless you think he's suiting up for a team in the Kimberley's?

Heard where exactly that Crouch wants to leave because I've heard from the right people both he and his partners preference is to stay in Adelaide...of course he may have no other options if Nicks pushes him out the door.
You'd think Crouch vs Sloane would be an easy decision based on the last month.

I heard crouch wants to leave and my feeling is McAdam will go back to WA. Doedee is definitely leaving imo.
I'm Glad that's just a feeling.

If McAdam is let go, particularly if he's let go easily, I'll lose my shit and lose more interest in the AFC.

Is there serious talk of this? There better ****ing not be. :mad:

You'd think Crouch vs Sloane would be an easy decision based on the last month.
Unfortunately it doesn't appear that way because football output has had little to do with Sloane's retention...

I'm Glad that's just a feeling.

If McAdam is let go, particularly if he's let go easily, I'll lose my s**t and lose more interest in the AFC.

Is there serious talk of this? There better ****ing not be. :mad:
No and never has been, fairly clear the coaching team rate McAdam highly, has just been injured/suspended at the absolute worst times this year. He was our most used I50 target on the weekend, so clearly he’s important to our ball movement and rated that way internally.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rory Sloane - Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Back