Player Watch Rory Sloane - Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

You can only assume that one or two of Crouch, Doedee or Mcadam have already informed the club that they are planning on leaving. Otherwise we will need to delist or trade someone we don't want to to free up a list spot to keep Sloane. I know it seems like our list managers have no idea at times, but surely they wouldn't make this call without knowing who they are keeping and who is leaving and then potentially having to cut someone they want to keep as a result. Time will tell I guess when the final list changes are announced.
This is likely what has happened yes. Did we do everything we could to keep players we wanted, or were we hedging our bets and kept some $$ back for Sloane, which has cost us those players?

They have EXTENDED his current contract for another year.. his current contract is at around $800k a year is it not..

They said nothing about him signing a whole new contract for next year

So… How are you so certain that you are right and I’m wrong?..
Isn't that just normal terminology they use when someone signs a new contract? No way he would still be on $800K per year now

They have EXTENDED his current contract for another year.. his current contract is at around $800k a year is it not..

They said nothing about him signing a whole new contract for next year

So… How are you so certain that you are right and I’m wrong?..
Surely he would be on minimum. I think he will play less than 3 games so anything more than 100k is overs.

This is likely what has happened yes. Did we do everything we could to keep players we wanted, or were we hedging our bets and kept some $$ back for Sloane, which has cost us those players?
Probably not with Crouch, seeing as he has only just come back into the team. He may have decided long ago that he wanted to leave and we were probably happy with that call as it took him off the main list. This may have changed with his late season return.

“Team first” only applies to the youth..

The older brigade get to write their own contracts up.. and state where they are gonna play each week.

There is an immovable wretched stench at this club..

“1 year extention to his current contract” would almost definitely mean just that..

Extending his 5 x $800k per year contract to a 6 x $800k per year contract.

Let that sink in. He’s probably on $800k again next season.

“Oh well… we didnt spend it on Redman.. so we may aswell give it to our darling Rory”..

Wait, what?

You’re not seriously suggesting he's on 800k next year?

Isn't that just normal terminology they use when someone signs a new contract? No way he would still be on $800K per year now
The normal terminology when someone signs a new contract is “rory sloane has signed a new contract..

This is..

“Rory sloane has signed a one year extension to his contract”..

Lets fxxkn hope like hell they havent simply extended the terms and payments of his current contract for one more year..

But the way they have written it in their press release… it sure sounds like they have simply extended his current contract for a further year..

And given we have tonnes of salary cap space, no one to spend it on at all as we missed out on Redman and the club has said they are looking but currently havent got anyone else on their radar, it wouldnt fxxkn surprise me in the least bit if they simply gave sloane and extra year at what he’s currently on..

They clearly think the bloke is an absolute gun player and it sounds like they really wanted him to go on for another year..

The only caveat on that is maybe he has already gone.
You would imagine at this stage of the season the Crouch, Doedee and MacAdam decisions are done - perhaps they have been already offered contracts greater than what we were offering and we made the call to let them go.

Would assume something coming back I trade in that instance

And likely Sloane size contract was not hindering others resigning

If we push McAdam out - and Crouch - you are spot on. Would be very foolish

For me if Tom goes he goes - good player but we have several similar (better) versions anyway

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Not much coming back if any leave

Crouch UFA, not sure we will get anything? Let alone anything meaningful as won’t be huge $$

Mc Adam - like to WA and if Weagles PSD distinct possibility

Doedee - think he stays. Doesn’t sound like anyone else is really that into him after his second ACL

Wait, what?

You’re not seriously suggesting he's on 800k next year?
Well thats what I’d love to know..

Does “we are pleased to announce Rory has signed an extension to his current contract” sound like Rory has signed a whole new contract with new terms and conditions?..

Or does it sound like he’s simply added one more year to his current contract and its terms and conditions?..

Sounds like the latter to me..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely he would be on minimum. I think he will play less than 3 games so anything more than 100k is overs.
What makes you think he “play less than 3 games”?..

If ininjured.. He’ll play every round next season. You can put your house on it..

The same as this year..

Club needs to know a lot of us are not happy imo.
Club couldnt give a flying fxxk about us..

Roo will simply pull out his famous “those unhappy supporters can go support another club” line..

His best mate and business partner Rory deserves another year at full pay!

Improvement from an acl would be a big factor which i tend to agree with (having done an acl at a similar age it improves a fair bit from year 1 to year 2) which might see him being ok next year. He could also not improve and continue his natural decline which we have seen this year. We will find out i guess.
He isn't 21 anymore 🙄

What makes you think he “play less than 3 games”?..

If ininjured.. He’ll play every round next season. You can put your house on it..

The same as this year..
His body won't stand up. It's barely standing up now. Another year older. I don't wish injury on anyone but he will be lucky to play a handful of games until his body packs it in. In his presser he delusionally states a player is better the 2nd year after an ACL. Yeah if you are 25. It's cringe watching it.

Club needs to know a lot of us are not happy imo.

There are people on Twitter who genuinely believe Sloane is more important to have in the side than Rash and Soli

Unbelievable
Unfortunately, us BF nerds are a significant minority, so there's no way the club will listen to us. Most Crows fans support this decision

Sloane likely has friends in high places after being at the club for 15 years. It's also could have been a clause in walkers deal to give his cooked mate an extra super bump.
Thanks for inspiring me to add another one to the growing list and avoid 22.6 meaningless average contributions per day

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rory Sloane - Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Back