Oppo Camp Opposition Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

21 disposals, 4 clearances + a tackle for 86% time on ground and it's not even halftime yet. If Dimma wasn't that interested in recruiting Dusty on Monday then he will be later today.
The biggest stat is 9 score involvements, more than double any port player. We desperately need someone who creates scoring opportunities.

The biggest stat is 9 score involvements, more than double any port player. We desperately need someone who creates scoring opportunities.
That's huge. We absolutely need a player like that!

I'll just throw this out there as well - if it was Dusty's last game for Richmond then it would make sense to play well in an interstate dead rubber.

That's huge. We absolutely need a player like that!

I'll just throw this out there as well - if it was Dusty's last game for Richmond then it would make sense to play well in an interstate dead rubber.
So what’s the acceptable deal? Martin is due 1.3-1.4M next year.

3 year deal 2.2mil, Give a 2nd rounder.

Richmond clear the books, and get a decent pick.

I've read Richmond fans all wanting to keep him tho so it will be hard, will come down to Richmond's list manager.

Read something blah blah merchandise/ticket for his 300th etc etc will make more money for them than letting him go to us.

If Dusty 2022 rumours were true and this years noise, it gets done. Happy to pay up, if people are saying no, turn on the port game ffs.

Just pay the man his 2024 wage. We need him. Imagine HBS round one or two with Dusty on the team!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Imagine the extra dollars we get by being in prime time slots with channel 7.

Pays for Dusty himself.

Richmond fans to watch their goat Dusty at HBS = 22k fans during School Holidays.

Lots of moving factors in a trade if it is to happen. The glaring problem for the tigers is they have no decent draft picks, this is their chance to purchase one, otherwise he's worth maybe a 2nd rounder. Or does dusty want to move state so badly he's willing to renegotiate his contract? The less we have to pay in salary the more we'd be willing to give up in picks. If you believe the rumours the player is open to it, Richmond just have to weigh up the pros and cons.

Dusty 33 touches, 2 marks, 5 tackles, 1 goal, 14 contested, 5 turnovers, 408 metres gained, 4 clearances, 7 inside 50, 72% efficiency against 3rd placed Port away.

Called washed by our fans

Called the goat by Richmond fans

I know which side i'm choosing

btw only Rowell got 33 touches against North next best was 29, against 18th place 20 losses in a row, 2 coaches, missing their best midfielder LDU North Melbourne.

Pay up Bob East

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the end it was a massive game for Dusty against a top 4 side - 33 disposals, 14 contested possessions, 12 score involvements, 7 i50s, 5 tackles, 4 clearances and 86% time on ground. He probably just secured 2 Brownlow votes or potentially all 3 for that performance. Can we all agree now that bringing in Dusty is probably a good idea?

His manager Ralph Carr said on Monday that Dusty wants to play "late into his 30s" so we've potentially got the benefit of time up our sleeve here. As it stands, Dusty is only contracted for one more season and that 12-month contract is in the $1.3-1.4m range. We may not be able to offer that amount of money in a single year but we can offer more years and give him more security if it's true that he wants to play late into his 30s. So maybe we offer him something like $2.25m over 3 years so he makes an average of $750k a season and we could even add a trigger for an extra year if he's still performing well in his final year of 2026.

If Dusty 2022 rumours were true and this years noise, it gets done. Happy to pay up, if people are saying no, turn on the port game ffs.
I think the Dusty detractors will be very quiet after his performance today. The guy can clearly still play at a very high level.

I think the Dusty detractors will be very quiet after his performance today. The guy can clearly still play at a very high level.
Played at a high level and played 20/24 games, smartly got managed for a week during the year. Had 1 bad year with hamstrings & the death of his father in 2022.

Dusty will finish top 3 in the Jack Dyer medal. Any other 31 year olds finishing in the top 3 of their B&F besides Pendles?

Watching games like this Melbourne/Sydney game are so depressing as a Suns fan. Even more so knowing we matched it with both of these clubs this year.

Yeah we are probably 12-24 months of competent decision making away from potentially cracking finals. But I just cannot envision this squad standing up in a game like this in front of a massive, hostile crowd. Our defence is probably 4 players short of being able to keep their collective composure and get the ball out of there, while our midfield is no chance of arresting any momentum should they fall behind in these conditions.

But I guess Hardwick is as good a bet as anyone to turn it around.

Watching games like this Melbourne/Sydney game are so depressing as a Suns fan. Even more so knowing we matched it with both of these clubs this year.

Yeah we are probably 12-24 months of competent decision making away from potentially cracking finals. But I just cannot envision this squad standing up in a game like this in front of a massive, hostile crowd. Our defence is probably 4 players short of being able to keep their collective composure and get the ball out of there, while our midfield is no chance of arresting any momentum should they fall behind in these conditions.

But I guess Hardwick is as good a bet as anyone to turn it around.
Watch some of the games Brisbane played in 1998 when they finished bottom of the ladder and you'll see how quickly this can improve with a good coach. The Lions got the spoon that year and they had the vast majority of their triple premiership players on that list already. Their 2001 premiership starting backline just three years later consisted of Chris Johnson, Justin Leppitsch, Darryl White, Nigel Lappin, Chris Scott and Marcus Ashcroft - all of which had been at the club for several years when in their '98 wooden spoon season. The one backline recruit was Mal Michael and he started on the interchange.

Enter Leigh Matthews in 1999 and suddenly the Lions are a top 3 team that makes it all the way to a prelim in his first season. They consolidated their finals status in 2000 by finishing 6th and then we know they claimed their first of three consecutive flags in 2001. You might be asking who did they not have on their list in 1998 that played in their 2001 flag? The answer is Mal Michael (traded in), Pike (traded in), Robert Copeland (local draftee) and Jonathan Brown (father-son draftee). 4 of 22 premiership players (18.1%) weren't on the list at the end of 1998 when Lethal took over.

Watch some of the games Brisbane played in 1998 when they finished bottom of the ladder and you'll see how quickly this can improve with a good coach. The Lions got the spoon that year and they had the vast majority of their triple premiership players on that list already. Their 2001 premiership starting backline just three years later consisted of Chris Johnson, Justin Leppitsch, Darryl White, Nigel Lappin, Chris Scott and Marcus Ashcroft - all of which had been at the club for several years when in their '98 wooden spoon season. The one backline recruit was Mal Michael and he started on the interchange.

Enter Leigh Matthews in 1999 and suddenly the Lions are a top 3 team that makes it all the way to a prelim in his first season. They consolidated their finals status in 2000 by finishing 6th and then we know they claimed their first of three consecutive flags in 2001. You might be asking who did they not have on their list in 1998 that played in their 2001 flag? The answer is Mal Michael (traded in), Pike (traded in), Robert Copeland (local draftee) and Jonathan Brown (father-son draftee). 4 of 22 premiership players (18.1%) weren't on the list at the end of 1998 when Lethal took over.
We do not have anyone of Johnson, Leppa, Scott or Lappins quality anywhere near our backline.

We do not have anyone of Johnson, Leppa, Scott or Lappins quality anywhere near our backline.
Ummm Ballard and Andrew
Depressing watching how much character and determination GWS show compared to us time and time again.
Getting flat out embarrassing.
If Pagan or Chocco Williams had been our inaugural coach with an Understudy like Sheedy at GWS we would have been a very different team
Giving the reins to an untried coach in charge of a bunch of 18yo alpha males seemed bizarre at the time
Even more bizarre in retrospect
To double down with Dew appeared to be defining insanity
I hate to dribble on with one of my poor analogies but I will just say if our Club in 2009 was an undifferentiated stem cell, then our entire DNA has been infected by exposure to nincompoops in those first few years
Dimma and East will need to be handy with the gene shears

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Opposition Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back