2nds Gold Coast Reserves: Title Defense 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

woo hoo
I'll be there
Big opportunity here. Our biggest game in our Reserves history. We have been here before with last year's Preliminary Final against the Sharks at Southport. We were well placed but got overran in the final term. We cannot let this great opportunity slip. This is ours to win. On paper we should beat the Hawks however as they say all the time, sometimes the Preliminary Finals are the hardest games to win. I am so nervous.. maybe that is a good thing. I really hope we get over the line here and qualify for our first Club Grand Final. Some say "it's only VFL" - that doesn't matter. It is our club dominating a 21 team competition - a great effort against some quality teams. This VFL team could be the future of our Club's success. Culture is built on success and something like a VFL Premiership could show us what's to come under the Hardwick era. This season I will admit, we have been pretty lucky having access to pretty much a full team of AFL listed players. We haven't had too many injuries club wide this year. Who knows if Chol and Burgess will still be at the Club next year.

Shattered I can't be there on Saturday for the game but couldn't afford the prices despite what configurations I did... especially if I have a trip to Queensland the following week for a very special Grand Final!

SATURDAY 3PM. BRING IT ON!

Big opportunity here. Our biggest game in our Reserves history. We have been here before with last year's Preliminary Final against the Sharks at Southport. We were well placed but got overran in the final term. We cannot let this great opportunity slip. This is ours to win. On paper we should beat the Hawks however as they say all the time, sometimes the Preliminary Finals are the hardest games to win. I am so nervous.. maybe that is a good thing. I really hope we get over the line here and qualify for our first Club Grand Final. Some say "it's only VFL" - that doesn't matter. It is our club dominating a 21 team competition - a great effort against some quality teams. This VFL team could be the future of our Club's success. Culture is built on success and something like a VFL Premiership could show us what's to come under the Hardwick era. This season I will admit, we have been pretty lucky having access to pretty much a full team of AFL listed players. We haven't had too many injuries club wide this year. Who knows if Chol and Burgess will still be at the Club next year.

Shattered I can't be there on Saturday for the game but couldn't afford the prices despite what configurations I did... especially if I have a trip to Queensland the following week for a very special Grand Final!

SATURDAY 3PM. BRING IT ON!
It will only be in QLD if both GC and Bris are in the grand final. Otherwise, it'll be at Ikon Park.

It will only be in QLD if both GC and Bris are in the grand final. Otherwise, it'll be at Ikon Park.
I'm aware of that. I am hoping Werribee win but just have a gut feeling that Brisbane may upset them. The bees have won 16 games in a row and haven't lost since Round 3.. Can they keep the run going?

Would certainly save me a bit of coin!

I'm aware of that. I am hoping Werribee win but just have a gut feeling that Brisbane may upset them. The bees have won 16 games in a row and haven't lost since Round 3.. Can they keep the run going?

Would certainly save me a bit of coin!

Yup beware of them. A very well drilled team. I witnessed first hand

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I found out why we can’t host the VFL Grand Final… the AFL has scheduled an AFLW match to commence at 5pm (while the VFL GF is in the 4th quarter) at Heritage Bank.. great work AFL 😒

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d rather play the Lions cause we’ve beaten them twice this season and know we can beat them again. We lost to Werribee earlier in the year it would be an incredibly tough match up.
Mine is a selfish reasoning so I can go 20 minutes down the road to watch the Grand Final instead of a long and costly trip to QLD.

Sam Collins Cup this Saturday
20972010648_d377a2eb45_o-e1448430003441-scaled.jpg

Should’ve beat Werribee too we were up 12.9 to 8.4 at 3/4 time and let them run over the top letting them kick 6 goals to 1
Don’t remind us. The Charlie Constable rush behind penalty into descent double goal ruined the game

Also I’m not sure the AFLW being scheduled next weekend is why the GF couldn’t be played at HBS. I’m pretty sure their fixture wasn’t even announced when they made the decision on the GF (not quite sure how that timeline went)

However, very rough. If we win it’s basically an away game for the GF

Leo Lombard in! Love it.
Gee whiz. Who needs a QAFL reserves GF when you can play in a VFL prelim instead! Would be unreal if a bottom age Lombard gets to play in a VFL flag for us over the next fortnight before showcasing his skills at the All Star Futures game a week later.

Unreal opportunity for Leo and this is his first opportunity to impress Dimma ahead of his draft year. He was a bit quiet last time he played for our VFL side but I think he'll be better for it and get a bit more of the ball tomorrow. Worst case scenario we know he's more than willing to apply tackles so he'll definitely find a way to get involved.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Gold Coast Reserves: Title Defense 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back