Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s literally the only player on the list I would be happy to see sign a deal like this. Proven star, future captain and still young
Yeah 100%, people still underestimate what he’s done in the forward line as a 21-23yo. At the same age Curnow had kicked above 20 goals in a season once for a high of 34. At absolute minimum we’ll get this current standard for the next 8 years - ie 40-50 goals & a defensive beast.

I’m still confident when he’s 25/26/27 he’ll have a couple of monster seasons where he really puts it together for 70+

Wow, not sure how I feel about 8 years but appears our hand could’ve been forced by the pies offer. Nevertheless these type of deals are always fraught with Danger.

What I will say is that there better be a ‘learn how to kick straight’ clause in the contract

How could you prefer Smith over Naughts?

I can see Baz being last on the list of priority signings amongst himself, Naughts, English and Marra.

Club obviously prefers him to stay, but I reckon they’d be more than happy to cash in if the price is right. Couldn’t see that being the case with the others.

I can see Baz being last on the list of priority signings amongst himself, Naughts, English and Marra.

Club obviously prefers him to stay, but I reckon they’d be more than happy to cash in if the price is right. Couldn’t see that being the case with the others.
Baz is easily last on the list KPP players and elite ruckman don't grow on trees midfielders however can be fairly quickly and easily replaced with higher end draft picks

Yeah 100%, people still underestimate what he’s done in the forward line as a 21-23yo. At the same age Curnow had kicked above 20 goals in a season once for a high of 34. At absolute minimum we’ll get this current standard for the next 8 years - ie 40-50 goals & a defensive beast.

I’m still confident when he’s 25/26/27 he’ll have a couple of monster seasons where he really puts it together for 70+
That's exactly the point nuffies miss in the media, he doesn't need to be Charlie Curnow. Aaron's peak will hopefully be 60-65 goals every year, elite aerial contests and the best pressure at ground level for a forward in the league.

That's exactly the point nuffies miss in the media, he doesn't need to be Charlie Curnow. Aaron's peak will hopefully be 60-65 goals every year, elite aerial contests and the best pressure at ground level for a forward in the league.
The other thing they forget is Carlton have little to no other targets as even McKay has dropped off and get even fewer goals out of their mids they are Charlie or bust

Naughton's the only KPP in the top 10 in the comp for front-half pressure acts.
He'd be our best pressure small forward if he was shorter. Absolute freak and no KPF in the comp compares to him.

Out of Baz, English, Marra & Naughts he was my priority. I have Marra no 2, English 3 and Smith 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'd be our best pressure small forward if he was shorter. Absolute freak and no KPF in the comp compares to him.

Out of Baz, English, Marra & Naughts he was my priority. I have Marra no 2, English 3 and Smith 4.

Yep exactly how I have it. Naughton 1 JUH 2, English 3, Smith 4.

Darcy can be somewhat of a replacement for English and the sky doesn’t fall when you lose mids. He’ll look at the 2014 off-season where we lost Griffen, Cooney, Higgins to trades and Libba to a acl. 2015 seemed to go alright.

No doubt we need to regenerate the middle though with some pacy options who can use the ball.

For me it's naughton, jamarra, , Smith, , , English.

Why wouldn’t we be having a look at Hamling? I know we’re chockers with old defenders but the only players spot he would be taking would be Keaths. Would partner well with Jones & JOD when he’s fit. Could do worse for a freebie

English becomes a restricted free agent next year yes? So we would get compo if he left?

interesting whats your thoughts with Smith so far ahead over English?
Not so much for output as to position. He is elite around the ground and dropping back in the hole, I'm not denying his talent. His consistency and lack of aggression still bother me though.

If he was willing and able to halve Ruck/Forward with Darcy or lobb I'd have less issue with it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back