AFL Player #32: Ben "Buckets" McKay

Remove this Banner Ad

BBB is a player we had to target - our lack of physical size in the KPD positions was a glaring issue.

Fun fact, Ben McKay is 244 days older then Zerk Thatcher

24/12/1997 (BM)

25/08/1998 (BZT)

Ben Jake Carlisle McKay… Come on down.

Imagine starting preseason at Arden St after yet another bottom two finish, contemplating a bunch of twilight games in Hobart against GWS and Freo.

Now imagine getting to look forward to Anzac Day, Dreamtime etc plus the very real prospect of winning trade week every year.

He will be a better player than he has previously been

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he's in the top half a dozen earners in the league next year, I see no real reason why he doesn't earn 1.3 mil under the cap in 2024.

The average may well be 850k but in the context of it being front loaded and the cap about to balloon I suspect it's well worth it if it's organised properly.

16C8C869-439E-4879-A9D6-05098EAA5CB8.jpeg

Back To The Future Film GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smart to front end, just keep creating more free cap space in the future. If they were smarter though, they would leave 800-900k on the last year of his contract.
Who knows, but if it's an average of 700k per year with a 700k signing bonus (given the front loading) then he could be 1.4 600 600 700 750 850.

Would average out to about 816k per year.

It’s actually very funny to read. I don’t think half the people even bother to read the article
Who cares what the year by year wage is. The total contract is still the same
I love that he's getting s**t for how much he's getting paid. Shows how little people understand salary caps. Hope it lights a fire under him to prove he's worth it to the dumbos
Like this guy?
Highest paid player in 2024!

Dororo man....his done it again :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #32: Ben "Buckets" McKay

Remove this Banner Ad

Back