Review 2023 National Draft Review Thread II [McKercher, Z.Duursma, Goad, W.Dawson, Hardeman, Maley]

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm loving the melts on West Coke board.

They have just realised they only had one pick in the top 29 and it's gonna be a long long rebuild.

They are cursing that teams that finished above them have had multiple picks.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk
Lots of anger about the Academies and somehow moreso with our 'handouts'.

So with the F/S and academy bids, we're left with pick 48. Gee there was a time not so long ago when we'd be stoked to have multiple picks inside 50. Will we use it folks? Likely possibilities? I think the one thing that stands out to me, is everyone selected has some exceptional trait, whether it be physical, athletic, skill wise, or a combination. I'm hopeful the days of picking up list cloggers for the sake of it are over!

Last edited:

I just don’t like how Thursfield called Dawson a ‘bit of a project’. campaigner. With our top round picks, we don’t need anymore ‘projects’
He's a 200+cm 17yr old kid & has only played footy for a year. So you don't like the selection.... because the 'bit of a project' is spot on.

I'm loving the melts on West Coke board.

They have just realised they only had one pick in the top 29 and it's gonna be a long long rebuild.

They are cursing that teams that finished above them have had multiple picks.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk
Even better is the WA clickbait media sucked their Chardonnay sipping, little minds into believing they would actually trade their future first with GWS to get Curtin.. but Radelaide swooped in before they even had a chance.

I actually love Adelaide footy club tonight.

I’ll go back to hating them first thing tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally disappointed not picking Watto up but that's more to being invested in this kid for over 2 years - good luck to him at Hawks!

Kerch piles on the pressure on the likes on Phillips, Powell, Lazaro and too lesser extent, Simpkin and even Wardlaw in the midfield rotation - dont think he displaces Scott or Stephens/Fisher on the wings...yet.

Duursma is interesting, obviously Sleevo is on notice as is Ford and to a lesser extent, Zurhaar in the High HF posi.

Goad, excellent get to compete with X and Free and hope he gets a start mid way through the season.

Will Dawson, can see his upside as KPD, dunno if he'll be more lockdown or intercept but hope he can break into the side later in the year.

Hardeman, excellent get and one that allows us to release Sheez from HBF/rebounder, as some said, could play that Grant Birchell type role and l think he could go past Fisher quite quickly if Fisher is the starting HBF/rebounder - play as early as rd 6?

Overall, cannot deny that we have some talented draftees but i only doubt on passing on Curtin and then picking up a KPD that we have to develop when l think Curtin plays rd 1 for the crows.

Eitherway, best of luck to all with their careers and l hope all 5 drafted players are playing in our next GF side.

I just don’t like that pick
unimpressed morgan freeman GIF

Personally disappointed not picking Watto up but that's more to being invested in this kid for over 2 years - good luck to him at Hawks!

Kerch piles on the pressure on the likes on Phillips, Powell, Lazaro and too lesser extent, Simpkin and even Wardlaw in the midfield rotation - dont think he displaces Scott or Stephens/Fisher on the wings...yet.

Duursma is interesting, obviously Sleevo is on notice as is Ford and to a lesser extent, Zurhaar in the High HF posi.

Goad, excellent get to compete with X and Free and hope he gets a start mid way through the season.

Will Dawson, can see his upside as KPD, dunno if he'll be more lockdown or intercept but hope he can break into the side later in the year.

Hardeman, excellent get and one that allows us to release Sheez from HBF/rebounder, as some said, could play that Grant Birchell type role and l think he could go past Fisher quite quickly if Fisher is the starting HBF/rebounder - play as early as rd 6?

Overall, cannot deny that we have some talented draftees but i only doubt on passing on Curtin and then picking up a KPD that we have to develop when l think Curtin plays rd 1 for the crows.

Eitherway, best of luck to all with their careers and l hope all 5 drafted players are playing in our next GF side.
I have similar thoughts we will regret not taking watto

Wil Dawson pick I really don’t like

The rest I’m ok with more or less

Now that BigFooty is back online, my quick thoughts;

A solid, albeit uninspiring/uncreative draft. We took the specific players that everyone predicted we'll take.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that. And I look forward to barracking for all of the new shinboners throughout their careers.

Obviously a little disappointed we didn't move up for Curtin, especially looking at the pittance that the Crows paid to get him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review 2023 National Draft Review Thread II [McKercher, Z.Duursma, Goad, W.Dawson, Hardeman, Maley]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back