Review 2023 National Draft Review Thread II [McKercher, Z.Duursma, Goad, W.Dawson, Hardeman, Maley]

Remove this Banner Ad

Horace would know Frank Rayner. He was the local barber and he would do haircuts at our school on Thursday morning's. He'd ask how you wanted it cut. We'd always say to leave the sides fairly long and cut the back level with the shirt collar. Well, he'd put the #2 comb on and do a buzz cut. If you were cheeky it would be #1. My brother came home one time with a pretty much just a small patch on top. This was primary school and he was known as Kojak till the day he left school.

I certainly do remember Frank, SoS. Had one or two haircuts from him during my school years. And in fairness to Frank, he was better at cutting my hair than my father was, who chose the cheap option of cutting mine and my brother's hair at home.

You knew you were in strife when Dad finished his work and then stood back and always said "well there's only a week or two's difference between a good haircut and bad one". Joy. :mad:

But back to Frank. A very lugubrious character if ever there was one. I don't think he ever smiled in his life.

Last edited:
What an exciting haul tonight ….add in our 4 other recruits and it’s certainly looking more sunny ahead….look forward to what we do tomorrow night.

Wilson would've been awesome and I suspect that's what we were hoping as we looked a little deflated Saints took him but I'm not sure I'm paying F2 (19-23) to move up one or two spots. I'm sure sliding back to 6 and moving up to get Curtin were discussed but the other teams have to agree to it. Clearly GWS or Cats only wanted to shift one or two spots back and not to pick 15. Doubt we put our F1 on the table, maybe that was all a bit of talk from GWS to extract a bit more from the Crows. Happy with who we picked and the balance. Just key forward (can Goad play that temporarily?) and small pressure forward as our only real needs going forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

(can Goad play that temporarily?)
How fast do you reckon he can put on weight? I'm no expert, but I reckon as a 97kg - 206cm prospect he needs another 5kg to be in contention for selection, and perhaps another 10kg before he's a lock.

Very solid night. The first 2 were locks, Goad and Dawson are going to take a while but plenty of potential there. Hardeman could impact early.

If we take a pick tomorrow night, kpf or small forward should be the targets.
Perhaps Shaun Mannagh with what was #57? I doubt he'll still be available then, but if he is then we have our small forward who hits the scoreboard. Also the right age profile to add to our very young list.

Adelaide will be fuming with us for poaching Goad.

I think it was probably plan B.

I think plan A was probably Wilson, Dawson and Edwards, with Adelaide likely taking Goad in between.

We get a ruck we rated higher obviously, but lost out on the runner.

We did well.

Goads 1 shorter than Gawn but can move like a mid and jump. Absolutely enormous ceiling if he moves as well with 20kgs.

I'm loving the melts on West Coke board.

They have just realised they only had one pick in the top 29 and it's gonna be a long long rebuild.

They are cursing that teams that finished above them have had multiple picks.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Review 2023 National Draft Review Thread II [McKercher, Z.Duursma, Goad, W.Dawson, Hardeman, Maley]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back