List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So to summarise, we have 4 primary list spots vacant + 1 Cat B (which assumes Chad and Stephens are added to the rookie list).

It looks like the only way we can add 5 to the 2024 list is:

1) if 2J isn't selected in the ND which is highly unlikely
2) we find another international player or one from another sport
3) one of Chad or Stephens are selected in the ND by another club.
Yes i think your take is right 4 + 1 cat B

Like you I doubt Tew will get to be nominated as a cat B, which opens the possibility of selecting a rookie from another sport

I recall recently being told that Haw has some interest in a basketballer, but I can’t recall his name.

I wonder if any track watchers could shed some light as I think he may have been seen at the club

Yes i think your take is right 4 + 1 cat B

Like you I doubt Tew will get to be nominated as a cat B, which opens the possibility of selecting a rookie from another sport

I recall recently being told that Haw has some interest in a basketballer, but I can’t recall his name.

I wonder if any track watchers could shed some light as I think he may have been seen at the club
There was a group of Irish boys who came out recently and had a session of skills at a few of the Victorian clubs including us and the Cats. Might see one of them possibly picked up

Future picks are a hard sell now and going forward given how compromised the draft is. Most moves happened with an upgrade or downgrade of picks.

Agree hopefully next year with our first pick and if buying picks come in we have a chance to get some more first round kids or use the picks to trade up and down to get the players we like.

Or move them into 25 if that’s is a stronger draft if clubs come for our pick.

Chol, Ginnivan, Watson are going to be huge ins as a collective in one off season given forward line was our focus. They will improve our overall side themselves, but also improve the other individuals we have there already, Lewis, Moore and CMac, who I think will all end up A graders but now will be able to spread the load much better with the extra support. With the veterans Breust and Gunston on top of that, its a much better mix to go in with, and a big win given our goals this off season. Also will be a significantly better environment for Ramsden to be getting games, as it was incredibly tough for a young forward to come in with our structure last year, but will have more mature bodies and dangerous players around him so he can use his height as a weapon on that third tall or even fourth tall.

Few weeks ago losing Brocky raised some long term concerns regarding our list in the small forward area ………. fast forward today not anymore! Club has addressed this quickly by acquiring a couple of quality smalls 👍

Moore (24), Watson (18), Ginnivan (20), Butler (20), JOS (19) and Bennetts (19). With Breust and Wingard to lean on. We are pretty well stocked now.

🌟 FINAL* UPDATE FOR 2024 🌟

I am jumping the gun for tomorrow - it's hard to see a version of us not getting Wingard and Stephens onto our rookie list as the only moves that happen. *If something wild happens (I'm looking at you, Clarko) then obviously I will update afterwards.

Like usual - feel free to let me know if you spot any errors. I even found one myself that I had to fix up!

Hawks List 2024 FINAL.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am jumping the gun for tomorrow - it's hard to see a version of us not getting Wingard and Stephens onto our rookie list as the only moves that happen. *If something wild happens (I'm looking at you, Clarko) then obviously I will update afterwards.

Like usual - feel free to let me know if you spot any errors. I even found one myself that I had to fix up!

View attachment 1858282
I love the spreadsheet.
1 adjustment - First Rd picks now get 3 year contracts automatically, so McCabe and Watson get an extra year.

View attachment 1858282
Nice point regarding Clarko !I hadn't even thought about that and he has always had a massive man crush on Wingard.

3 players with the same birthdate 04/08
Dylan Moore 1999
Bailey MacDonald 2004
Calsher Dear 2005

View attachment 1858282
God the wizard is old! There goes my hope for a late growth spurt…😂

Thanks for sharing. What I love is we have most of the people we would want to keep already locked away for 2025. One or two exceptions to that, but the others are either likely retiring (Breust, but who knows!), likely delisted (Frost), or have something to prove in 2024 (DGB, CJ, up and coming youngsters).

Really, really well positioned.

Thanks for sharing. What I love is we have most of the people we would want to keep already locked away for 2025. One or two exceptions to that, but the others are either likely retiring (Breust, but who knows!), likely delisted (Frost), or have something to prove in 2024 (DGB, CJ, up and coming youngsters).

Really, really well positioned.

When does Hardwick become eligible for FA or RFA hopefully we can keep him.

Full list ans second last on average age and experience 2024… but north a fair way behind

Other teams may add rookies so not final

At 23.5y and 57 games would have been 4th on age and 10th on experience in 2008 start

In 2008 hawks were second youngest on 22.7y and 51 games. Minor premiers Geelong were 23.3 and 60

Teams were considerably younger back then. But in both years we had 9 or 10 players with over 90 games

3 players with the same birthdate 04/08
Dylan Moore 1999
Bailey MacDonald 2004
Calsher Dear 2005

Do we have any Gen Z posters who believe that rocks/gas in space have magical powers that can do their astrological readings based on this info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back