Training Training reports 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Paul Curtis may not be our best in the end, although he has plenty of tools to work with - but hell if he won't physically destroy some opponents over the journey. He is an absolute physical wrecking ball.

I don't know how often it will happen this year but there will be quarters or games where we break a team apart IMO. Last year we put on some goals in hot spells but probably not enough reward for effort (albeit much improved from the previous years). I think we'll see times this year where it is an unstoppable flow, the more the better too. Sustenance.
Sorry, I know you're being playful, but wrong noun.

Correct term: nourishment

My concern for these two is their intensity at the contest. If they can show this at match level then yes agree they will be assets with their running power and delivery
I don't think that's a concern for Tucker. Stephens needs to prove he's not a conditional footballer though.

Apparently McKercher is a write off already

That is a shame, people have already written off Wardlaw for being unable to hit lace out passes with a howling cross breeze blowing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, seeing him up close he already is a nice size. 6' and probably about 80kg's (if I'm allowed to say that?). More physically developed than Kerch & Duurs.

Played seniors last year to so he'll be in the mix earlier than later if he finds form. He does the give and go overlap by foot rather than had so he can get distance out from the backline quickly.

Backline going to be very curious. I had Corr and K Dawson as 1 and 2 with Goater as the 3. Now if Comben keeps clunking it, I think Dawson would be stiff to miss. Can’t see us going in with 3 traditional Talls.

Backline going to be very curious. I had Corr and K Dawson as 1 and 2 with Goater as the 3. Now if Comben keeps clunking it, I think Dawson would be stiff to miss. Can’t see us going in with 3 traditional Talls.

Round 1

Goater Dawson Corr

Kerch Comben Scott/Sheez

Dawson on Hogan

Corr on Greene

Goater on Riccardi

Comben to intercept

Not sure those three names are traditional talls. Corr and Chom are pretty quick and none of them are a traditional full back.

I get what you’re saying but they are pretty agile and may still work.

Not sure those three names are traditional talls. Corr and Chom are pretty quick and none of them are a traditional full back.

I get what you’re saying but they are pretty agile and may still work.
Dawson is the quickest of the three. It would be more a structural issue and how we view Dawson. Charlie has been playing third intercepting kpd by the sound of it, which means Corr and a beefed up Dawson have to play as kpds 1 and 2.

Biggie seems to be playing as the third kpd, while pink is playing the number one defender.

This all changes if Charlie can show he can lockdown as well as intercept. His limited tank and experience would hold him back in this regard. He has missed a lot of footy.

Well, he is worth having a solid run down there. Much like Robbie Tarrant and Liam Jones, a forward can excel down back when he can position himself to decide when to intercept, spoil, block leads, go for contested grabs and so on.

From the brief sample size he does have a manic attack on the ball or whoever has it, closing speed and 2nd efforts. So, he has a capacity to gain some confidence and build some craft back there.

Well, he is worth having a solid run down there. Much like Robbie Tarrant and Liam Jones, a forward can excel down back when he can position himself to decide when to intercept, spoil, block leads, go for contested grabs and so on.

From the brief sample size he does have a manic attack on the ball or whoever has it, closing speed and 2nd efforts. So, he has a capacity to gain some confidence and build some craft back there.

He can’t be any worse than Mr Magoo fumbling about like a clown and looking more interested in where the car park is

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Training reports 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back