Training Training reports 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

He can’t be any worse than Mr Magoo fumbling about like a clown and looking more interested in where the car park is

One thing I love about the Comben footage is the way he's so keen to move the ball quickly, if not play on - and use his momentum and size to burst through tackles - after taking an intercept.

Magoo would take a nice intercept, stop, prop, look around, hello birds hello sky, wander off his line, get called to play on, panic, hit a short sideways kick, stuff that kick up 20 per cent of the time anyway.

One thing I love about the Comben footage is the way he's so keen to move the ball quickly, if not play on - and use his momentum and size to burst through tackles - after taking an intercept.

Magoo would take a nice intercept, stop, prop, look around, hello birds hello sky, wander off his line, get called to play on, panic, hit a short sideways kick, stuff that kick up 20 per cent of the time anyway.
Yeah that was noticeable hey and its great he's playing down back because we have looked so slow off the backline so many times.

He looks to try and generate fast ball movement at every opportunity.

If this Comben to defence works out, and Will Dawson comes on in a few years as expected we are going to have an intercepting freakshow of a backline in a few years time.

2 x 200+cm physical competitors who are dangerous in the air - Comben & W Dawson.

1 x 195cm intercepting gun when given the freedom to do so - Logue.

2 x 190+cm athletic interceptors/distributors - Goater & Hardeman.

That’s a modern day defence if I’ve ever seen one. Just need to sort out a lock down defender for the Charlie Cameron’s of the world and we’ll be flying.

Yeah that was noticeable hey and its great he's playing down back because we have looked so slow off the backline so many times.

He looks to try and generate fast ball movement at every opportunity.

The way he's clearly been instructed to use his size and natural aggression to barge through and get the ball moving is telling.

Its the same as Xerri tries to do at stoppages when he wins the ball.

When you have the likes of Wardlaw, Sheezel, Powell, Thomas, LDU, Phillips, McKercher who can all move the ball rapidly forward when given an inch through a mix of pace, explosiveness, smarts and high quality disposal, it makes perfect sense to get that ball moving as quickly as possible down to the young AA full forward and his sidekick Curtis who is a supremely dangerous one on one player.

I think it sucks we play our first round game against a team playing thier round 2 game.
it really f*cken does, and of course we're not the only ones, and i've yet to see what i expected to be the level of criticism of the AFL about this stupid move

it really f*cken does, and of course we're not the only ones, and i've yet to see what i expected to be the level of criticism of the AFL about this stupid move
It’s the stupidest concept they’ve ever dreamt up.

And that’s saying something

If this Comben to defence works out, and Will Dawson comes on in a few years as expected we are going to have an intercepting freakshow of a backline in a few years time.

2 x 200+cm physical competitors who are dangerous in the air - Comben & W Dawson.

1 x 195cm intercepting gun when given the freedom to do so - Logue.

2 x 190+cm athletic interceptors/distributors - Goater & Hardeman.

That’s a modern day defence if I’ve ever seen one. Just need to sort out a lock down defender for the Charlie Cameron’s of the world and we’ll be flying.
Don't discount Kallan Dawson, I think he will surprise a few this year. I've got high hopes for KD Lang.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree. It’s yet another triumph of marketing hoopla and lust for revenue over the integrity of the competition.
I personally appreciate the amount of topspin required to take the season opener away from Carlton and Richmond yet still insisting they haven't taken the season opener away from Carlton and Richmond.

I personally appreciate the amount of topspin required to take the season opener away from Carlton and Richmond yet still insisting they haven't taken the season opener away from Carlton and Richmond.
"round zero" like, jesus f*cking christ. I actually wish I could have been in that meeting when someone actaully said that out aloud as a real suggestion. Would have been hilarious. Then instantly less funny when it passes unopposed.

I think it sucks we play our first round game against a team playing thier round 2 game.
This is spot on Frank. R1 can be a lottery - underdone top side that started preseason can sometimes be knocked off when everyone is gassed after … quarter time 🙃 Another Rort to leak to the integrity unit 😉

I thought I was on ignore

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Training reports 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back