List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triple H Yes GIF by WWE
Sting Serious GIF - Sting Serious Stare - Discover & Share GIFs

Unofficially, 5 clubs spoke to "Big Brother Ben" the day we axed TT......... they're all in there having a nibble now.
No doubt the ethical clubs Poorta Delaide and *scum would've been first cabs off the rank..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hypothetically we kept TT after his 18 week suspension (instead of axing) then decide to trade him at years end

What would he be worth? If true that a handful of clubs interested
Unless TT went out of his way to say his decision to join a club was somewhat dependent on us getting a decent deal, it would only be whatever a club thought would be enough to maintain a relationship. It will most likely be DFA though.

Unless TT went out of his way to say his decision to join a club was somewhat dependent on us getting a decent deal, it would only be whatever a club thought would be enough to maintain a relationship. It will most likely be DFA though.
It comes down to bidding war I guess

More clubs interested will drive up the price to a certain amount

All moot tho but my point is we could’ve at least imo got a second rounder from someone.

He is a gun, but i don’t think he is a genuine lock down small defender. Think he struggles on the zippy small forwards of the world (Cameron, Rankine ect).

Reckon he’ll head back to WA anyway.
Yeah the Eagles (should) be having a decent crack at him.

Hardwick from the Hawks would be a great get. Hopefully Clarko has a good relationship with him so we could have a dip.

All moot tho but my point is we could’ve at least imo got a second rounder from someone.
Imagine the Media circus if we kept him on the list and he was in exile for most of the year?..

After the Corn-Francis and Clarko dramas the past couple of years the club was on a hiding to nothing - we had to cut him loose.

Imagine the Media circus if we kept him on the list and he was in exile for most of the year?..

After the Corn-Francis and Clarko dramas the past couple of years the club was on a hiding to nothing - we had to cut him loose.
**** the media

We shouldn’t make decisions based on them

No it wouldn’t come down to draft capital bidding war. There would be a bidding more in terms of contract. TT would choose his destination and then we would accept whatever is given to us because he would just put that price on his head and go to PSD.

We might have got a second rounder for him. At most.

* the media

We shouldn’t make decisions based on them
I'm sure the actual decision was based on Tarryn's failure to uphold club KPI's and that effect it had on the players, coaches and club as a whole.

As a cherry-on-top, the media would've made it a ****in circus..

It’s an interesting one re TT.

The club has said he won’t play for us ever again, but us punters don’t know what contractual obligations NMFC and TT still have to each other.

If we’re still paying him anything, I imagine he’s still a tradeable asset for us.

(I don’t recall any official confirmation that he’s been delisted.)

And if he’s a tradeable asset, I would have thought we can expect rivals to bid trade currency to acquire him, and that North still gets to decide which trade deal to accept, subject to him satisfying the AFL’s requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back