List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I reckon it would be a second rounder like someone else mentioned

Which isn’t a lot especially for someone of his talent but still would’ve been handy
Probably about right, at best a pick upgrade......Bennell and 22, for Freo''s 16 and 35 got that one done, but just don't think the club wants the speculation hanging around all year......right decision was made in my opinion, clean break for all parties, all aboard onwards and upwards.

It’s an interesting one re TT.

The club has said he won’t play for us ever again, but us punters don’t know what contractual obligations NMFC and TT still have to each other.

If we’re still paying him anything, I imagine he’s still a tradeable asset for us.

(I don’t recall any official confirmation that he’s been delisted.)
And if he’s a tradeable asset, I would have thought we can expect rivals to bid trade currency to acquire him, and that North still gets to decide which trade deal to accept, subject to him satisfying the AFL’s requirements.
Clubs only get to have influence if they are prepared to keep or play hard ball. We won't do either.

Already been through this regarding Jamarra. You need to jump off the bottom of the ladder and be on a very clear upward trajectory for blokes like that to even begin considering you. Then add in that he'd probably prefer playing in front of the sold-out Gabba compared to 4 games in a Hobart backwater and 7 other home games where the opposition fans outnumber us most of the time. If I were him and we made him an offer, I'd probably struggle not to laugh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon it would be a second rounder like someone else mentioned

Which isn’t a lot especially for someone of his talent but still would’ve been handy
I dunno, maybe I'm missing something, there seems to be a few variables yet to be worked out.

Lets say TT wants to go to the Saints who hypothetically finish 6th on the ladder because they offer him the most money of any club.

Then the Saints offer North their second rounder.

Rawlings says: "we're not keeping him, but we know he's more than that."

TT gets cranky. Saints threaten the PSD.

Now lets say * finish 16th. And they're offering him 20% less than the Saints.

Would Big Brother Ben not tell him "they can get you in the PSD, but we both get less money out of it, so lets get the North the deal they want?"

Of course if its the 17th or 18th placed team offering the most money to him we're kinda up shit creek. Guess we gotta hope he doesn't have any interest in moving to Western Australia.

Suppose what I'm getting at is that while there's clearly no way we're getting as much for him as we would if he was playing this year, it could also be in his interest to help facilitate a good deal, depending on how things pan out.

Clubs only get to have influence if they are prepared to keep or play hard ball. We won't do either.
See my post above. I'm not saying we'll get what we should for him, but depending on the ladder, the market interest in him, and his ability to sort his shit out to a level that the AFL accepts, it might be that something acceptable eventuates.

Already been through this regarding Jamarra. You need to jump off the bottom of the ladder and be on a very clear upward trajectory for blokes like that to even begin considering you. Then add in that he'd probably prefer playing in front of the sold-out Gabba compared to 4 games in a Hobart backwater and 7 other home games where the opposition fans outnumber us most of the time. If I were him and we made him an offer, I'd probably struggle not to laugh
I'd punt the whole list management department if they were passing on guys like Taylor just because they're more likely to say no than yes. It's a loser mentality. We wouldn't have Logue if we thought like that. He's not as good as Taylor but we were the worst team of the seven that chased him and got his signature.

It’s an interesting one re TT.

The club has said he won’t play for us ever again, but us punters don’t know what contractual obligations NMFC and TT still have to each other.

If we’re still paying him anything, I imagine he’s still a tradeable asset for us.

(I don’t recall any official confirmation that he’s been delisted.)

And if he’s a tradeable asset, I would have thought we can expect rivals to bid trade currency to acquire him, and that North still gets to decide which trade deal to accept, subject to him satisfying the AFL’s requirements.
Seems like there’s a grey area between being sacked and delisted, I suspect they’re working out whether we delist him now and get a list spot back say for the MSD and or if he is still on our list and can be traded or indeed delisted at the end of the year.
IMG_0758.jpeg IMG_0759.jpeg

Last edited:
. Then add in that he'd probably prefer playing in front of the sold-out Gabba compared to 4 games in a Hobart backwater and 7 other home games where the opposition fans outnumber us most of the time. If I were him and we made him an offer, I'd probably struggle not to laugh
"Come to Brisbane, you'll love training in 30+ degrees most days over the preseason, you'll really love the sense of anonymity too, not much as you get in Sydney mind"

I dunno, maybe I'm missing something, there seems to be a few variables yet to be worked out.

Lets say TT wants to go to the Saints who hypothetically finish 6th on the ladder because they offer him the most money of any club.

Then the Saints offer North their second rounder.

Rawlings says: "we're not keeping him, but we know he's more than that."

TT gets cranky. Saints threaten the PSD.

Now lets say * finish 16th. And they're offering him 20% less than the Saints.

Would Big Brother Ben not tell him "they can get you in the PSD, but we both get less money out of it, so lets get the North the deal they want?"

Of course if its the 17th or 18th placed team offering the most money to him we're kinda up s**t creek. Guess we gotta hope he doesn't have any interest in moving to Western Australia.

Suppose what I'm getting at is that while there's clearly no way we're getting as much for him as we would if he was playing this year, it could also be in his interest to help facilitate a good deal, depending on how things pan out.
I was under the impression he could go wherever he wants as he’s no longer on our, or any, list. Is this wrong?

I was under the impression he could go wherever he wants as he’s no longer on our, or any, list. Is this wrong?
I don't think we know yet. Sonja and Todd have said he won't play for us again. I don't think we know what has happened with his contract yet.

See my post above. I'm not saying we'll get what we should for him, but depending on the ladder, the market interest in him, and his ability to sort his s**t out to a level that the AFL accepts, it might be that something acceptable eventuates.
Unfortunately, acceptable for us now is TT off the list. I can't see that changing.

Yeah none of that clarifies very much. It doesn't suggest he's been delisted.
I edited my post with some musings…

Seems like there’s a grey area between being sacked and delisted, I suspect they’re working out whether we delist him now and get a list spot back say for the MSD and or if he is still on our list and can be traded or indeed delisted at the end of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back