Preview Round 6, 2024: St Kilda v Western Bulldogs - Marvel Stadium, Thursday 18 April, 7.30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Only change I see being made for this one is Hugo into the starting 22 and Butler to sub. I doubt RTB brings in Jones to sub, drops Butler to VFL, but stranger things have happened.

Sharmo is not a wingman. Sharmo is not a back. Sharmo is a forward. He will build confidence if they bloody leave him there and his team mates don't burn him and go Maxcentric.
I know posters will say I'm a hater but I'm far from it, it's called objectivity but has anyone stopped to think the reason Sharman doesn't play much as a forward either?

He's become a clasic Lyon "role" player which is code for limited tool kit.

But yeah a wingman, only play him there unless you have completely run out of run out of options at the selection table....hang on.

I know posters will say I'm a hater but I'm far from it, it's called objectivity but has anyone stopped to think the reason Sharman doesn't play much as a forward either?

He's become a clasic Lyon "role" player which is code for limited tool kit.

But yeah a wingman, only play him there unless you have completely run out of run out of options at the selection table....hang on.
Hater…with form but that’s ok takes types
Hate away …but be objective
List the things about Sharman you like
Go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coz next game is Thursday, would rest King.
Ins. Hayes, Howard, Jones, Schoenmaker.
Outs. Butler, Cordy, King, Sharman
And reckon we'll beat the doggies by 6 goals.

Sharmo is not a wingman. Sharmo is not a back. Sharmo is a forward. He will build confidence if they bloody leave him there and his team mates don't burn him and go Maxcentric.

He probably suffers because in the absence of Wood he's likely the next one up who can actually contribute in that role. I don't see them wanting to use Caminiti or King to do that job, for example - I don't think it's because of Sharman's lack of ability forward, but more that he's the only one with the versatility and athleticism.

If we rest King after this short break we might see Sharman return to the forwardline and we could see a bit of a re-shuffle - Schoenmaker or Hayes could come in. Ross alluded to giving Marshall a chop out a week or two ago, maybe Campbell comes in as backup to free up Marshall some more. Don't think it's particularly likely but it could happen, I wouldn't be surprised to see players managed through this period of short turnarounds.

Limited changes we can make to the team given the short break and our injury list.

If King is fit, he plays. He pushed up the ground and was very involved in general play against the Tigers. Not sure why he didn't do the same thing against the Giants. Our delivery was poor. He had a bad day.

If no King then I'd bring in Hayes or Campbell and give Marshall some more chop out and rotate them forward.

Garcia plays a whole game. Butler stays for his pressure (with the pressure on him this week).

Philippou as sub. The kid is having serious second year blues but he can impact in bursts and cover mid and forward so he's a good sub option.

Get Paddy Dow fit ASAP and get some damn help for Steele in the middle. And I mean a genuine clearance player to help. We are so thin where it counts especially without Crouch.

Limited changes we can make to the team given the short break and our injury list.

If King is fit, he plays. He pushed up the ground and was very involved in general play against the Tigers. Not sure why he didn't do the same thing against the Giants. Our delivery was poor. He had a bad day.

If no King then I'd bring in Hayes or Campbell and give Marshall some more chop out and rotate them forward.

Garcia plays a whole game. Butler stays for his pressure (with the pressure on him this week).

Philippou as sub. The kid is having serious second year blues but he can impact in bursts and cover mid and forward so he's a good sub option.

Get Paddy Dow fit ASAP and get some damn help for Steele in the middle. And I mean a genuine clearance player to help. We are so thin where it counts especially without Crouch.
I agree with all of this

There's a lot up in the air with our lineup at present, but I think it's clear our forward line functions much better without both King and Hammer in it. Something needs to be done about that.

Personally I'd be playing King up the ground and leaving Hammer deep. Perhaps King can chop out in the ruck.

Though there's also a case to say the problem is actually only 3 of King, Hammer, Membrey and Sharman should be playing. We guard the ground better when we play smaller, when the heat was on early against GWS they cut us up with movement and handball.

Ball also came out of our back-half far too easily. Is Arie more mobile than Cordy, does he get a shot?

Change I'd like to see:

OUT Butler
IN Garcia

We could have very easily pinched that against GWS! I know it's a bit of the same old story, coming home strong when the contest has basically been decided. However we looked great the last quarter, there's a lot to work with if we can get the balance of this team right!

As I see it, a tough call needs to be made with the talls, if King's knee comes up perhaps it's also:

OUT Sharman
IN Collard

I wouldn't mind seeing that. Send Sharman or Arie to Sub. Caminiti is showing something. Perhaps it's only 1 of Hammer or Sharman should be in the same team.

Looking forward to seeing my boy Hugo play a full game!

Go Saints.

Crouch was doing sprint running last week without any type of bandaging on his knee so can’t be too far away.

WTF is going on with ticketing these days?

I click on "Buy Tickets" for Thursday night and this is all it shows - a few bays on L3 and a few bays in the Dogs end. The kids want decent seats and we're happy to pay for them but they don't exist.

Does that mean I'm just supposed to buy GA and turn up early and hope we can get somewhere good?

Screenshot 2024-04-15 at 8.45.28 am.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back