Preview Round 6, 2024: St Kilda v Western Bulldogs - Marvel Stadium, Thursday 18 April, 7.30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From watching the Sandy game on the weekend, I couldn't see anyone really putting their hand up for a senior game. Jones played a serviceable game, but I think he could have done a lot more. Hayes was puffing a lot and looks a like is still getting his tank back, maybe a couple more weeks. Collard didn't get much of the ball, but I think he needs a senior game to liven up our forward half- maybe at the expense of Pou who doesn't have a lot of leg speed.

WTF is going on with ticketing these days?

I click on "Buy Tickets" for Thursday night and this is all it shows - a few bays on L3 and a few bays in the Dogs end. The kids want decent seats and we're happy to pay for them but they don't exist.

Does that mean I'm just supposed to buy GA and turn up early and hope we can get somewhere good?

View attachment 1960116
That has to be a mistake. Surely we haven't sold every revered seat on lvl 2. And you can also usually purchase reserved seats in the club members bays which haven't been sold.

If King doesn't get up, Hayes is the logical replacement. But would we be too slow up forward with him, particularly if Butler is out? Hayes, Caminiti, Membrey, Sharman splitting fwd/wing, Owens (good below his knees but still tall) with Higgins as the only real small forward but not known for his speed. Might be better keeping Butler and going a bit smaller.

But Liam Jones has a 15 intercept mark, 3 Brownlow vote game written all over him if we go in with Caminiti as his match up. Whatever we decide could go a long way to determining the result.

If King doesn't get up, Hayes is the logical replacement. But would we be too slow up forward with him, particularly if Butler is out? Hayes, Caminiti, Membrey, Sharman splitting fwd/wing, Owens (good below his knees but still tall) with Higgins as the only real small forward but not known for his speed. Might be better keeping Butler and going a bit smaller.

But Liam Jones has a 15 intercept mark, 3 Brownlow vote game written all over him if we go in with Caminiti as his match up. Whatever we decide could go a long way to determining the result.

They get to choose who Liam Jones plays on. Caminiti has to add the ability to play the decoy to his game if he is to develop. If he can drag Jones away from the play, we have enough with Membrey and Sharman IMO to score some goals.

Hayes in, allows Marshall to drift forward more. I personally thought Jones was building his fitness, so would have him back. Schoenmaker possibly for Sharman. Howard for Cordy at some stage, but not really an upgrade, more speed if anything.

silly question i know,but i havent been for 25 years,going to either this game or the north one,knowing niether will be a sellout can you still just rock up and pay to get in at the gate/turnstile?if so how much is general admission these days(adult not concession)?

last game i went to in 1999 was a collingwood win,bucket list item i need to tick off,or id sit home and watch them,was going to tick that item off in 2020 by going to a melbourne vs freo game as i hate crowds,like a bit of room,and the saints didnt really have a likely game on the dates i would have been in town,but covid screwed that up

We'd be crazy to risk King on a five day break. Perhaps go smaller with Garcia into the 22 for King. Butler very close to his last chance but Collard apparently quiet for Sandy last week.
It’s effectively a bruised knee 😂

If he starts running with no pain. He should effectively be good to go.

I’d probably be abit disappointed if he didn’t get up from that injury if I’m honest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They get to choose who Liam Jones plays on. Caminiti has to add the ability to play the decoy to his game if he is to develop. If he can drag Jones away from the play, we have enough with Membrey and Sharman IMO to score some goals.
Otherway around I’d suggest, Cammers is given a go as number one banana for a bit and Members as number two. Cammers looks confident in the position which is something King and Coops don’t…that’s my loose reasoning

It could all change next week, but based on the past, in terms of overall contribution to the team, if I had 100 points to spend, it would be King 75, Sharman 15-20, and Caminiti 5-10. King is underrated because we expect so much. Sharman has played solid roles for us in defence, and notwithstanding last Sat, has provided more than Caminiti as a forward so far.

Just bump this as the tickets are still available...

If anyone is interested I have 4 x adult tickets for sale for the Saints vs Bulldogs game 18th April all seated together Level 2 Row E seats 63-66. They cost $77 each so PM me with an offer if you are interested.

Just our luck isn’t it.

They are getting the blow torch at the minute.

It wont matter IMO we are all over the shop.

You are too well organised and have the personnel to get the job done.

Libba out is huge for us one of the few you can count on.

It is very hard watching us at the moment we seem confused as a club and that is been highlighted by our on field performances.

You guys will win with or without King.

It wont matter IMO we are all over the shop.

You are too well organised and have the personnel to get the job done.

Libba out is huge for us one of the few you can count on.

It is very hard watching us at the moment we seem confused as a club and that is been highlighted by our on field performances.

You guys will win with or without King.
Suggest you don’t know much about our unavailability list that may also include King.

It’s a big reason we haven’t played 4 quarters all year.

The best we got was a 3 quarter (accumulative) effort v the Pies in round 2

Suggest you don’t know much about our unavailability list that may also include King.

It’s a big reason we haven’t played 4 quarters all year.

The best we got was a 3 quarter (accumulative) effort v the Pies in round 2

You have some best 22 out for sure and yes a fair number but whoever takes the field there is effort, organisation and willingness to work in a system that will be enough.

We are the opposite at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back