Preview 2024 Mid Season Draft Prospects & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

MSD Info

Full list of MSD Nominees

Last edited:
TTs list spot not listed.

View attachment 1961982
We better use our two picks - can’t believe we were that stacked with talent on our last year that we passed on our second pick.
Give a kid 6 months to prove himself - we have the cash in the cap

We better use our two picks - can’t believe we were that stacked with talent on our last year that we passed on our second pick.
Give a kid 6 months to prove himself - we have the cash in the cap
I know there's cost etc but I'd love to shove every one to LTI who actually is out for the year (for some reason we don't always), go to Thursfield and say "free hit - there's 1-2 list spots for the biggest differential risk/reward players you've identified but would never officially draft".

Maybe some unprofessional but lightning kid playing in the Tiwi Islands or a fat 200cm 20yo kicking goals for fun in the EDFL who could be anything if he got fit. Sound em out, 6 month deal.

I know there's cost etc but I'd love to shove every one to LTI who actually is out for the year (for some reason we don't always), go to Thursfield and say "free hit - there's 1-2 list spots for the biggest differential risk/reward players you've identified but would never officially draft".

Maybe some unprofessional but lightning kid playing in the Tiwi Islands or a fat 200cm 20yo kicking goals for fun in the EDFL who could be anything if he got fit. Sound em out, 6 month deal.
Long bombs to Mongo! IMG_4984.png

Does anyone know (with some certainty) whether the club can reach a contractual settlement with Thomas, but he remains on the list, and thus we are in a position to require a trade if he seeks to join another club? I infer from the list of spots posted by giantroo that he remains on our list?

Thomas remains on the list until the next list lodgement.

Which is October.

He will be a North Melbourne player at trade week unless we come to a settlement to delist him in the first round of delistings or some type of one off termination approved by the AFL.

He's not deregistered, he's actually only suspended and can play from Rnd 17 onwards in the VFL/Lower levels pending AFL approval. Unsure how this works from a registration perspective as he will be registered with North VFL and still on North's AFL list.

I imagine this will be what Thomas/Williams push for. Some sort of settlement and termination, which means the AFL can give him permission to go and play for Port Melbourne or Southport as an example for the last 4-5 rounds of the season and get in the shop window as a delisted free agent.

From the clubs perspective, we may be on the hook for his entire salary if we simply keep him on the list until trade week. So may also want a termination with an agreed settlement ourself if it saves $100-$200k.

May be an interesting situation.

Last edited:
How did you find Glenn Luff's scouting notes?
Who's to say I'm not Glen Luff

Eric Wareheim Mind Blown GIF by Tim and Eric

Which is October.

He will be a North Melbourne player at trade week unless we come to a settlement to delist him in the first round of delistings or some type of one off termination approved by the AFL.

He's not deregistered, he's actually only suspended and can play from Rnd 17 onwards in the VFL/Lower levels pending AFL approval. Unsure how this works from a registration perspective as he will be registered with North VFL and still on North's AFL list.

I imagine this will be what Thomas/Williams push for. Some sort of settlement and termination, which means the AFL can give him permission to go and play for Port Melbourne or Southport as an example for the last 4-5 rounds of the season and get in the shop window as a delisted free agent.

From the clubs perspective, we may be on the hook for his entire salary if we simply keep him on the list until trade week. So may also want a termination with an agreed settlement ourself if it saves $100-$200k.

May be an interesting situation.
From a ZH article

"While surplus to requirements from a footballing standpoint, Thomas remains contracted to the club until the end of the 2024 season."
All of that being the case, I hope (trust) the club is taking a hard-arsed approach - personally, and I might get howled down, but I think getting something by trade is more important than the contract money

Pretty sure he still has to pass AFL protocols in order to play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure he still has to pass AFL protocols in order to play.
When he signs with Geelong, Collingwood, * or whoever, he won't just pass the protocols - he'll be driven there by the AFL in a limo full of hookers and blow.

He'll also be given the number of AFL House's Winston Wolf who he's to call every time he ****s up just to trigger the release of a variation of an article about how much family means to Tarryn and a picture of him gazing wistfully into the sunset while patting a hired Golden Retriever.

The club might do better on the Thomas trade than some expect.

We will obviously have no intent to do right by the player, so we will have no issues sending him to the draft should we only be offered a token pick in return.

If Geelong or whoever wants him, they need us to agree to terms on a trade. I think a pick in the 30s could be realistic in that context.

He was sleeping under Brady's desk all this time.
With the trifecta of George-isms: "Was that wrong? Should I have not done that? I tell you I gotta plead ignorance on this thing because if anyone had said anything to me at all when I first started here that that sort of thing was frowned upon, you know... etc"

185cm 85kg...Really solid build who is a real physical presence around the contest. A natural competitor who has solid footy IQ. Good vision in the contest, strong overhead mark, has goal sense when rolled forward (but I wouldn't say he could play across half forward permanently)

His accolade list as a junior is bloody long; 2022 All Australia, 2022 SA MVP, 2022 SA Captain, 2021 BOG sanfl u18's Grand Final, 2020 u17's SA Captain, which just goes to show that he steps up no matter what level.

Out of all the 2022 All Australians u 18's only D'Aloia and Jed Hagan went undrafted.

That's an impressive CV. Why didn't he get drafted? I did a search and found https://central.rookieme.com/afl/pl...tanding performances and individual accolades.

"
DRAFT RANGE: 25-50

SUMMARY:

With D’Aloia, you’re getting consistency, elite stoppage work and defensive pressure at the contest. Arguably the only thing holding him back from having an impact at AFL level is his athleticism and hurt factor by foot. An AFL program that seeks to improve his speed and running capacity will go a long way to readying him, with his strength and stoppage craft a strong chance to translate at the next level."

All of that being the case, I hope (trust) the club is taking a hard-arsed approach - personally, and I might get howled down, but I think getting something by trade is more important than the contract money
I don't care about any compensation. Just just want him gone from the club. We have a young list, and a culture to develop and TT had far too many chances, and betrayed the trust put in him. Cut our losses, and remove the negative publicity it brings to the club.

I hope he can get professional help, and become a better person. Whether he plays football or not for another AFL team, I don't care.

Apart from first best available which could be pick 1 for us in the MSD the way we are tracking.
What type of player would we be angling ? FWD , RUCK , KPB , KPF ? Surely not an another HFF or MIDFIELDER? Unless he was big bodied

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 Mid Season Draft Prospects & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back