List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excited Lets Go GIF

Hopefully Rioli is absent.

well it is a little pointed and almost bullying really.

Dan is a free man and many want the best for him, he is not a cow to be put in the stockyards and feed lotted before slaughter. Dan is allowed to make teh best choices for him and we are allowed to get better players in, it is called evolution and people finding the best fit for where they are at.

We are not here to cling to things we are here to win premierships and part of that involves ups and downs, ins and outs.

Who was the guy we let go to the Swans and he won a premiership?? Mitch Morton

Last edited:
Shai Bolton has emphatically shut down rival interest, with his management making clear to Richmond list boss Blair Hartley he is going nowhere.
Fremantle did reach out to Bolton, as the Dockers also tried to poach Liam Baker, to declare they would offer an exceptional draft package for the pair.

Bolton has four more seasons on a deal that can see him earn as much as $1.3 million a year, and bounced back to form against the Dockers after several quiet weeks.

When the news of the Dockers’ interest broke, rival clubs also made clear they would join the race if he had any interest in jumping ship.

But 25-year-old Bolton signed on at the end of 2022 until 2028 aware that the club’s golden era might not last forever.

He will eventually end up back in Perth late in his career or post-career, but will back in coach Adem Yze.

Teammate Marlion Pickett is set to face court for a committal hearing in coming months, which could set a court date for his burglary accusations.

He is out injured with a calf concern but is due back in coming weeks.

Pickett will plead not guilty to those offences and with a court date likely to come a year or more into the future, is keen to play on next year.

Shai Bolton sees his future at Tigerland. Picture: Michael Willson/AFL Photos via Getty Images

Shai Bolton sees his future at Tigerland. Picture: Michael Willson/AFL Photos via Getty Images
Richmond has taken the view he is due proper process and has the presumption of innocence, so has allowed him to play on.

While the 32-year-old has been out injured in recent weeks, he has played 12 games this year and shown his versatility so will hope to push his claims in coming weeks.

The Tigers are sweating on decisions from Dustin Martin, Liam Baker and potentially Dan Rioli (who has interest from Gold Coast), with Adem Yze telling Fox Footy on Monday he wouldn’t mind if players told him mid-season they wanted out.

He is keen for certainty in the next 2-3 weeks for planning purposes.

“I don’t mind the NRL model where they come out and say they are leaving. It’s different and it might be a different view than we are used to,” he told AFL 360.

“I look at the players and the anxiety they have about making the decision during the season and carrying that, it’s too hard for them. Those discussions will unfold in the next 2-3 weeks and as it gets closer we will need to know. We have players considering their futures and they need to do that, and fair enough. But we can’t leave it until the end of the season. It’s in the next 2-3 weeks.”
Notice how the same has not come out about Rioli ...............

Does my head in how people say a draft pick will drop further with F/s & Academy picks.Who cares we haven't got access to those players so your still getting the 13th/16th & 20th ranked player that you have access too.
You are not taking into account that some clubs may trade to get in front of their academy pick and therefore you are pushed down the order when they select a player and academy pick.

Baker is younger, a better half back than Rioli, more versatile, yet worth far less on the trade table.

Rioli needs to be the sacrificial lamb.

the bottom line is it looks like Dimma wants him, Dimma is happy to pay up for him, Dimma gives a shit about Dan, obviously Dimma knows Dan and Dimma knows how Dan will do what he wants him to do at the Gold Coast so if Dan wants to go, Dimma rates him and needs him, that is fine, we are not winning a premiership in 2025 and if people have a issue they are lunatics

wow, our list is not a shocker, but it needs a boost from the draft at least initially. If people cannot see this they are dreaming.

We need new top notch talent coming in and when we are challenging for our next premiership, and hopefully Taranto is helping us, most likely Taranto will not be our best player
Too many guys have been to the well too many times and once you do that and as a playing group there's no water left. Dusty, vlaustin, Grimes, nank, broad, the meatball, macintosh all need to retire or go to a new club for 12 months.
Baker gets a first or a sean Darcy in return and Bolton gets 2 first rounders. Rioli and Martin could land 2 first rounders to gc too.

Too many guys have been to the well too many times and once you do that and as a playing group there's no water left. Dusty, vlaustin, Grimes, nank, broad, the meatball, macintosh all need to retire or go to a new club for 12 months.
Baker gets a first or a sean Darcy in return and Bolton gets 2 first rounders. Rioli and Martin could land 2 first rounders to gc too.
this is coming from a Geelong supporter? lol

Did you think cats should've shipped Selwood off before 2021 cos he'd won 3 flags already?

Swap Baker for Darcy? 🤦🏻

FMD !!

Way to make a fool of yourself on another board

Which players would Geelong be interested in and what could they give up?

It's easy to answer, the club thinks our list is better than what we all actually know it is.
Unfortunately, I think this might be true.

I really hope I'm wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On mid week tackle according to my partner, Tim Taranto is calling a meeting of all players tomorrow and talking anyone thinking of leaving, out of it asking them to stay. He apparently believes they need to all stick together as he sees something special in the group.

Apparently there will be an article in tomorrow’s paper about it.
Article is available on herald sun website

All players traded out or allowed to leave as compensable free agents 2006-2016 inclusive:

Raines, Shulz, Tambling, Collins, Morton, Angus Graham, White, Deledio, Vickery

We somehow managed to end up owning Balta, Bolton, 40% of Taranto, Grigg out of letting all those players go. Imagine if we'd hung on to Deledio and Vickery the shape we'd be in now.

The point is we didn’t trade out a single high quality player at their peak to assemble the dynasty list - Deledio was suffering lots of soft tissue injuries, was about 30yo and wanted out to Geelong (there’s a good story on that in this week’s Tradies podcast). GWS gave overs in a trade as we paid some of his salary. A perfect example of shrewd trading.

Obviously if players want out we do the best we can in a trade. But if high quality players at their peak want to stay, we don’t push them out the door. We don’t need to… we push lower quality out the door like Graham ;)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The point is we didn’t trade out a single high quality player at their peak to assemble the dynasty list - Deledio was suffering lots of soft tissue injuries, was about 30yo and wanted out to Geelong (there’s a good story on that in this week’s Tradies podcast). GWS gave overs in a trade as we paid some of his salary. A perfect example of shrewd trading.

Obviously if players want out we do the best we can in a trade. But if high quality players at their peak want to stay, we don’t push them out the door. We don’t need to… we push lower quality out the door like Graham ;)

Why would we push Graham out the door?? THat would be silly, he is a premiership player and has a number of years left

All part of the game bro. Not going to say sure, we don't want him.

I agree. We say we want him because we do.
GC will start by offering pick 20 and a F2. We remain not interested. A few days later they offer 8 on its own. We remain uninterested. A few more days they offer 8 and a F2. We remain uninterested….

Then 24-hours out from trade deadline they offer 8 and 20. We then speak with Rioli
and make sure he definitely has no interest in joining his great mate Dimma at GC? As if he’s going to explore his options at some stage of his footballing life, now is the time to explore given the rebuild the club is embarking on.

Rioli goes away, comes back and says he’s open to the move.

Trade gets done. 8 and 20 for D Rioli.

We can become North if you want … they’ve won 13 games in total from 2020-2024…. best part of 5 seasons. (They also won 6 games in 2017 to get LDU).

I 100% guarantee you… not 99%… 100%…. if we win 13 games in total from this season until 2028, we will be a great team again within 2-years of that period… because we would’ve had 5 x top-2 picks plus AFL handouts and free agents leave gifting us charity compensation.

Who cares if North go past us … they started their rebuild (LDU) friggin 8-years ago. Of course they’ll go past us.

AFL won't be handing us any free picks for at least the next 5 years. We will have to spend another 2 years down and then you have Tassie coming in that will get all the extra picks.
If we are shit for 5 years we will be shit beyond 8 years.

I agree. We say we want him because we do.
GC will start by offering pick 20 and a F2. We remain not interested. A few days later they offer 8 on its own. We remain uninterested. A few more days they offer 8 and a F2. We remain uninterested….

Then 24-hours out from trade deadline they offer 8 and 20. We then speak with Rioli
and make sure he definitely has no interest in joining his great mate Dimma at GC? As if he’s going to explore his options at some stage of his footballing life, now is the time to explore given the rebuild the club is embarking on.

Rioli goes away, comes back and says he’s open to the move.

Trade gets done. 8 and 20 for D Rioli.

Nah. 7 and 8 or **** off. Sling em a future pick for their troubles.

IMG_3495.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back