List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
id prefer to keep rioli over baker but if they both ask to leave then its not the end of the world. They are replaceable
Agree. I'd be more worried losing KPP/inside mids where our new toys will get beaten up and broken before we get to enjoy them.

Your partner tells you alot huh
I think he is secretly trying to make me nervous. Blues fans are not too bright. Jokes on him.

I do not watch free to air TV but because his team is doing something for the first time in 10+ years, he watches all the shows. I make him put headphones on because as I told him, I never want to hear anything about any other club - unless it is about them being injured or something that hurts their club.

I make sure he watches his games with the headphones on also so I don’t hear the Blues ****ed theme song. He may have a soft spot for the Tigers but I despise his. I don’t mind him passing on news of the Tigers though!

I agree. We say we want him because we do.
GC will start by offering pick 20 and a F2. We remain not interested. A few days later they offer 8 on its own. We remain uninterested. A few more days they offer 8 and a F2. We remain uninterested….

Then 24-hours out from trade deadline they offer 8 and 20. We then speak with Rioli
and make sure he definitely has no interest in joining his great mate Dimma at GC? As if he’s going to explore his options at some stage of his footballing life, now is the time to explore given the rebuild the club is embarking on.

Rioli goes away, comes back and says he’s open to the move.

Trade gets done. 8 and 20 for D Rioli.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I can see this playing out but I wouldn’t trade Dan for those picks. He’s contracted and one of our best every week. Why make GC a better club. I would prefer Dimma sucks for years to come.

This is crazy. “I don’t want to leave now I want to leave when I have no trade value a bit later in my career when you may really need me again”. Trade him the **** out now and cash in omfg.
Bolton will always have trade value not sure what you are talking about

Dan Rioli is the player we would probably like to trade all Beit with a heavy heart
He would net us the most trade currency and is 28 years old and not really in the next window.

Baker will decide if he goes or stays but would have to be a pick inside the 1st round
Bolton we can hold for now and if he wants to leave in a year or 2 will still get a top 10 pick so no rush
Lynch is a player we should be open to moving on.

I can see this playing out but I wouldn’t trade Dan for those picks. He’s contracted and one of our best every week. Why make GC a better club. I would prefer Dimma sucks for years to come.

Rioli is 28yo start of 2025. If we reject 8 and 20 (yes, I know it’ll end up late-20’s) then we’d be absolutely crazy.

Let’s put it this way … what would you expect Dogs to do if they were on the bottom and GC offered 8 and 20 for Bailey Dale?

BTW …. I wouldn’t trade him against his will. If he says he’s really keen to stay I’d leave it there. But if he says he’s open to it if we thought it would be beneficial to all parties, then we should accept that trade.

Rioli is 28yo start of 2025. If we reject 8 and 20 (yes, I know it’ll end up late-20’s) then we’d be absolutely crazy.

Let’s put it this way … what would you expect Dogs to do if they were on the bottom and GC offered 8 and 20 for Bailey Dale?

BTW …. I wouldn’t trade him against his will. If he says he’s really keen to stay I’d leave it there. But if he says he’s open to it if we thought it would be beneficial to all parties, then we should accept that trade.

Spot on.

On mid week tackle according to my partner, Tim Taranto is calling a meeting of all players tomorrow and talking anyone thinking of leaving, out of it asking them to stay. He apparently believes they need to all stick together as he sees something special in the group.

Apparently there will be an article in tomorrow’s paper about it.
It's wild to me this guy isn't in a leadership position at the club. He has been my pick for captain ever since half way through his first year.

If Dimma has a hard on for Dan the GC would give up both 8 +9 with later picks going back and part salary paid
thats what we should be looking at.

Rioli would be open to going imo and hand over the #17 to Jnr

yeah, but I am not at the coalface.

Timmy is a little troubled, maybe he will seek a trade?
You reached this conclusion from him trying to galvanize the team and asking them to stick it out instead of leaving?

You're crazy most of the time but whenever you speak in relation to trading you lose any semblance of common sense.

I’m getting the feeling the club are quietly open to a few of these deals going down. Including Rioli.

id prefer to keep rioli over baker but if they both ask to leave then its not the end of the world. They are replaceable

Dan Rioli is the player we would probably like to trade all Beit with a heavy heart
He would net us the most trade currency and is 28 years old and not really in the next window.

Baker will decide if he goes or stays but would have to be a pick inside the 1st round
Bolton we can hold for now and if he wants to leave in a year or 2 will still get a top 10 pick so no rush
Lynch is a player we should be open to moving on.

I find it intriguing that camera's were at the airport when Dan was visiting Dimma.
Where there's smoke I guess.
Would rather keep Dan instead of Bolton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regarding Rioli, I spent some time thinking about it recently and I'd prefer if he stayed. It's hard to find a player like him.
  • extremely fast
  • is always willing to take the game on
  • pretty clean considering how fast he is
  • versatile

I'd prefer to lose Baker. Even though he kamikazes into every contest which is pretty inspiring, but I think it's harder to find a Rioli type as he isn't just your regular run of the mill half back flanker.
If he wants to leave, or is happy to leave, that's another story but I'd prefer if we held him.

If Dimma has a hard on for Dan the GC would give up both 8 +9 with later picks going back and part salary paid
thats what we should be looking at.

Rioli would be open to going imo and hand over the #17 to Jnr
One of the key tools we will have is salary cap space, so including paying for most of a salary for a traded playershould help us get a better pick and it let's them have an extra player on their list, but with graham, baker contracts ending we can't do it with those, which is why rioli is so valuable to GC. He might not impact their tight cap. It's the same with lynch, we have acxounted for his salary, if a club did want him and he wanted a go for a premiership and we stump up his salary we would need one 1st minimum. By this theory, we could trade out a role player who would be very cheap backup for a team going fir a premiership. This would be good if we trade out role players and get the picks we want, not losing club legends who we want to keep one club players. I think out of everyone I'd be happiest to trade out Hopper.

Rioli and Baker are replaceable, especially in the form of early first round picks. Bolton is not. People happy to trade him because he has a few games where he is missing..
Put him in a good side where the team synergy is firing, and he looks a top 10 player in the league at his best. His effot levels would hit the roof if we were in contention and was inspired by other team mates. He isn't trying at the moment, and hard to blame him. Still one of our best players

You reached this conclusion from him trying to galvanize the team and asking them to stick it out instead of leaving?

You're crazy most of the time but whenever you speak in relation to trading you lose any semblance of common sense.
Yeah, and now it is more obvious why he is not in a leadership position. Imagine having to operate under this?

One of the key tools we will have is salary cap space, so including paying for most of a salary for a traded playershould help us get a better pick and it let's them have an extra player on their list, but with graham, baker contracts ending we can't do it with those, which is why rioli is so valuable to GC. He might not impact their tight cap. It's the same with lynch, we have acxounted for his salary, if a club did want him and he wanted a go for a premiership and we stump up his salary we would need one 1st minimum. By this theory, we could trade out a role player who would be very cheap backup for a team going fir a premiership. This would be good if we trade out role players and get the picks we want, not losing club legends who we want to keep one club players. I think out of everyone I'd be happiest to trade out Hopper.

as has mentioned we can get picks simply by offering up salary cap to other clubs especially as they challenge for 2025

How does this galvanise the team?? If anything it creates division and innuendo and tension by putting it in their faces

Just on this, we could trade out Hopper and Taranto, who are mates, to whether they want and help the destination club with cap space as well. I assume they are looking for clubs challenging in 2025 and we would be looking for good draft picks. If we get the likes of Josh Smillie we do not need to worry about body size for the youngsters.

It could be interesting to a club trying to contend with a double boost on the eve of trying to have a crack for the 2025 year and beyond. Right now from teh Swans to the Hawks there seem to be 13 clubs thinking they are somewhat in it looking for an edge

Obviously it would only be if Hopper and Taranto desired to a club(s) of their choices and no pressure because they are under contract

If we did this Yze could get a extension because it is not happening in 3 years and the club has time and the youngsters more time to develop, pressure is off, anxiety falls.

If we did this we really would be bottoming out over the next few years so more chance of getting good draft picks to grow and develop for down the track, senior players would still be need for direction, guidance and development

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back