Player Watch #34: Jackson Archer - BFNAAK - re-signed until end of 2026 - rd21 AFL RS nominee

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonder if Sphynx still thinks he's not in the top 200 players in his draft class and only at the club because of his name lmao

He wasn’t.

I’m still perfectly happy to be proven wrong by my forecast of him as a player. Especially by any North player that earns the respect he’s getting through hard work and grit.

Not the first and won’t be the last I will be wrong about.

He wasn’t.

I’m still perfectly happy to be proven wrong by my forecast of him as a player. Especially by any North player that earns the respect he’s getting through hard work and grit.

Not the first and won’t be the last I will be wrong about.
I don't think that's a knock on him, he deserves credit for it. Maybe you can put that down to the fact he was coming through in the covid years, and dour defenders don't tend to fetch a draft price, and also the fact that he was only ever coming to us anyway so why even bother, but he wasn't on other clubs' radars, that's just a fact. I'm sure that on some level, we took him because it was something for the club to feel really good about if he ever came on, and probably some personal attachment/knowledge of his character and work ethic on the part of Brady. Jackson deserves credit for the mountain of work he's put into his fitness and his constant commitment during games to getting the most out of himself, and Brady deserves credit for taking a punt on him.

The 2021 draft is looking bloody nice for us in hindsight. Paul Curtis is a jet, Jackson Archer is a jet, Josh Goater will be a jet, and Miller Bergman might be a jet. And the "redeem for one George Wardlaw" token we drafted at #1 was certainly worth the price.

Correct Bruce
It makes me weirdly emotional watching Archer become such a good player.

Glenn was one of my favourites and I never thought that I'd see another player like him. But for it to be his own son, who was written off and "only drafted because of his dad" ... it's great to see

With a full and healthy list he's the 2nd picked defender for mine, after big Charlie.

You can cover Griff with Corr, can cover Corr with Dawson, LMac with Hardeman/Goater.

If Comben or Archer start missing games we'll know all about it.

Super, SUPER proud of young Arch, love him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would love to see him involved more in other parts of the game, rather than just taking out an opponent. Only 4 touches in 110 mins, would look a whole lot better if it was 12-14 touches by participating in some link up play and sneaking forward like his old man used to do. There is no question on his desire and application to the task at hand.

Hopefully the Back line coaches can work on this with him as part of his continued evolution.
  • Body Right - tick
  • Best 22 spot - tick
  • Couple of Scalps - tick

Would love to see him involved more in other parts of the game, rather than just taking out an opponent. Only 4 touches in 110 mins, would look a whole lot better if it was 12-14 touches by participating in some link up play and sneaking forward like his old man used to do. There is no question on his desire and application to the task at hand.

Hopefully the Back line coaches can work on this with him as part of his continued evolution.
  • Body Right - tick
  • Best 22 spot - tick
  • Couple of Scalps - tick

He will add that to his game

Patience

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #34: Jackson Archer - BFNAAK - re-signed until end of 2026 - rd21 AFL RS nominee

Remove this Banner Ad

Back