Player Watch #10: Colby McKercher - R9 AFL RS nom - goes bang w/ 37d on his return vs GCS

Remove this Banner Ad

He's has a better season than Reid overall, and still has plenty of development in him.

The tragic cases - including sadly an ex CEO - who said we should have tanked for Reid looking extra stupid right now.

He's has a better season than Reid overall, and still has plenty of development in him.

The tragic cases - including sadly an ex CEO - who said we should have tanked for Reid looking extra stupid right now.

Anyone who says we should have tanked for Harley Reid (because all the smart clubs did) fails to appreciate that any clear instances of tanking involved access to a priority pick - a free extra player at the top of the draft - and not simply the choice between the top ranked kid and the second top ranked kid. Show me an instance where any club has incontrovertibly lost games in order to move up just one position in the draft.

You could see in the space of the first quarter, with Colby pushing higher up the ground what a nightmare he will be for the opposition.

I am not going to bother comparing him to Reid as it's absolutely pointless now. What would be good to see however, is a contract extension beyond Tasmania's entry into the competition. Need him to commit Sheezel style, otherwise the Tassie speculation will only increase.

You could see in the space of the first quarter, with Colby pushing higher up the ground what a nightmare he will be for the opposition.

Yeah, he's a nuggety little bugger and he's already trying to break tackles and dish off fends. He will be able to back them in a few years too lol.

I am not going to bother comparing him to Reid as it's absolutely pointless now. What would be good to see however, is a contract extension beyond Tasmania's entry into the competition. Need him to commit Sheezel style, otherwise the Tassie speculation will only increase.
It's Duursma, not McKercher who would not be at the club if North Melbourne tanked last year. It would have been Reid at 1 and McKercher at 2. Not that it matters or should anyone ever be tanking. Duursma looks like he will be a very good player.

Last edited:
The top three first year players nominated by the AFLPA - were Reid, Wilson and Windsor.

No Colby.

Windsor averaged 14 touches a game. Colby 24.

Mmm
To be fair, Colby had a lot of chip kicks. Not saying it's right or wrong, because I haven't seen enough of Windsor, but I imagine his impact per disposal was significantly more

****ing Hugh Greenwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you mean like Nick Daicos chip kicks?
Very true. Though Daicos did show some pretty insane creativity and IQ in his first season too. Don't mind Colby finishing that low. He'll be chomping at the bit to hit preseason and have more impact next year. Hopefully on a wing and out the back of stoppages

The one thing I don’t get is when fisher and Colby kick out they always play on to their right side.
It takes away distance and options straight away with a guy running straight at their kicking foot
Find this incredibly strange myself. Fisher has an infuriating ability to run past someone who’s taken a mark or free kick and call for the ball of their right side, completely running himself into trouble.

Find this incredibly strange myself. Fisher has an infuriating ability to run past someone who’s taken a mark or free kick and call for the ball of their right side, completely running himself into trouble.
Plus Fisher has a special ability to kick 40 up and 30 along. But yes also amazed how often Colby seems to run onto seemingly his wrong side.

Plus Fisher has a special ability to kick 40 up and 30 along. But yes also amazed how often Colby seems to run onto seemingly his wrong side.
Colby’s got the wheels to get out of trouble at least…..fisher just the full stop and freeze, deer in headlight style.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #10: Colby McKercher - R9 AFL RS nom - goes bang w/ 37d on his return vs GCS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back