Player Watch #10: Colby McKercher - R9 AFL RS nom - goes bang w/ 37d on his return vs GCS

Remove this Banner Ad

1 on 1 defending isn't his strong suit, probably better suited further up the ground, apart from Sheez, is probably our best kicker in from a behind, but after his slip that cost goal, did not drop his head that i noticed, i like that, a lot.
I actually think the opposite. I think pound for pound, he is an excellent one-on-one defender.

While he personally had a couple of howlers, I thought that 80% of the separation the Blues got was on the back of the mids giving up on pressure up the field or turning the ball over at the worst possible time when our team defence was caught out and stretched to buggery.

Corr, Logue, Arch, Kerch and McDonald did brilliantly given the way our mids capitulated at times and the leg up the forwards were getting from the umps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be spewing if we were pushing for the finals. But as it stands, I'd be happy for the kid to be put on ice for the rest of the year. He's been a shining light for us in 2024. Nothing more to prove and little chance of the rising star. Let's see what Hardeman or Bergman have to offer in the seniors.
Yep agree, give Hardemann a run. Been emergency a few times, he'd be hungry to get out there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #10: Colby McKercher - R9 AFL RS nom - goes bang w/ 37d on his return vs GCS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back