2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting comments on Simpson. He looks class with every possession but doesn’t get enough of it.

But he was a midfielder in 18’s and we play him largely in the Bermuda Triangle position at half forward

I think I may have brought it up in the draft thread, but I’d like to see us play Simpson off half back for a bit.

Other teams have done it with new draftees, it’s arguably the easiest position for a kid to develop through. Just let him get his hands on the ball and a feel for the game. Maybe he stars in the position, but it would at least add to his ability to play as the sub and should gain him some confidence until he develops as a half forward/mid in the long run.

Interesting comments on Simpson. He looks class with every possession but doesn’t get enough of it.

But he was a midfielder in 18’s and we play him largely in the Bermuda Triangle position at half forward

Surely drafting forwards this year must be a priority.

It will stop us pushing other players into that role, and make the whole team look better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Knobel back down to Ressies

Williams named at CHF for Ressies lol

Kuek named at CHF for the league team, great outcome if he plays
Odin named at league too but at CHB so might be a late out? doubt we are playing him in defense, would be good if he strings a few league games together though

11 named for Peel excluding the emergencies, one will be held over for the Derby (Ryan, Clark both sore)
Delean named on the bench probably drops back to reserves then

Hughes/Voss/Simpson to come back into Peels league lineup

Knobel back down to Ressies

Williams named at CHF for Ressies lol

Kuek named at CHF for the league team, great outcome if he plays
Odin named at league too but at CHB so might be a late out? doubt we are playing him in defense, would be good if he strings a few league games together though

11 named for Peel excluding the emergencies, one will be held over for the Derby (Ryan, Clark both sore)
Delean named on the bench probably drops back to reserves then

Hughes/Voss/Simpson to come back into Peels league lineup
I really can't think it's anything but a complete of waste time for Knobel to be playing ressies from what I saw last game. Basically doing cardio down there.

Would be very excited to see the return of Kuek

I really can't think it's anything but a complete of waste time for Knobel to be playing ressies from what I saw last game. Basically doing cardio down there.

Would be very excited to see the return of Kuek
Yeah gotta delist Reidy at the end of the year

Tabs/Voss/Kuek/Jones all being available wouldn't be helping Knobel either (+ Tregenza and Willo playing tall)

Will lose some tall timber at the end of this season opening up a permanent spot at league level for big Max

Good to see Jones playing for Peel ones. Also good to see him selected at CHB. We already have heaps of tall forwards. I think at times we pigeon hole players according to the positions they occupied in junior footy.
Anyhow we’re short on key defenders at the moment.

Good to see Jones playing for Peel ones. Also good to see him selected at CHB. We already have heaps of tall forwards. I think at times we pigeon hole players according to the positions they occupied in junior footy.
Anyhow we’re short on key defenders at the moment.
I’d move Tabs back. It worked for Rory Lobb and Tabs has a similar skill set.

Might be better an option if we get more injuries, especially in a final.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back