Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Who we going for here folks? Arguably match of the round.

Looking at Sydney's run home, I don't think they'll lose enough games for us to overtake them.

Much of a muchness for mine. Another loss for Sydney could shake their confidence a bit more. Oh the other side, can't really stand the Dogs.

I would rather the Swans keep winning, 1st or 2nd same same.. Dogs lose and we have less teams on our heels if we happen to drop a game or 2.
Only thing about finishing 1st is that we'd be more likely to get a Friday night prelim if we were good enough to get that far.

Only thing about finishing 1st is that we'd be more likely to get a Friday night prelim if we were good enough to get that far.
Do you know if that is set in stone?

I do wonder if it was a big Melbourne club like Hawthorn/Blues/Pies as the team finishing 2nd in the H&A season if they would get the prime time Friday night Prelim slot regardless.

I’ve been to hundreds of Lions games in Brisbane and Melbourne and everywhere else and to be honest, I can’t see I’ve ever witnessed Lions fans abusing our players like you see with some of these Victoria clubs and perhaps Port fans. Seriously disgraceful.

That is so bloody disgraceful, a sign of not much of a life from those "fans" if they get caught up in the teams results to that degree.

Same here McIvor, I have supported the Lions through some pretty dark times (2005-2016) but never ever even had the thought to boo or abuse our players.

Do you know if that is set in stone?

I do wonder if it was a big Melbourne club like Hawthorn/Blues/Pies as the team finishing 2nd in the H&A season if they would get the prime time Friday night Prelim slot regardless.
Don't get me wrong I have no doubt Kane and Dillon would happily find an irrational excuse to screw us over. But that is the oft-quoted method which seems to determine who gets the Friday prelim.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would rather the Swans keep winning, 1st or 2nd same same.. Dogs lose and we have less teams on our heels if we happen to drop a game or 2.
I’m not concerned by the dogs winning. Assuming they win today - we would still have to drop 2 of 4 for them to effect our ladder position. There’s 5 other clubs in between who are a much bigger threat.

Some of their supporters threw tantrums last week didn't they.

Did they ever!

They lose to us & they lost their shit. I wonder if they lost their shit just as much when they lost to the tigers & the saints (losing to freo over in WA by....1 pt?.......is not too bad given that freo is a top 8 team)

Did they ever!

They lose to us & they lost their shit. I wonder if they lost their shit just as much when they lost to the tigers & the saints (losing to freo over in WA by....1 pt?.......is not too bad given that freo is a top 8 team)
Yeah and I thought their supporter base were one of the classier ones in the league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back