Road to the Finals

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s the one for me , even more so if Port have no incentive to win which is a good chance. It will be disappointing if we miss finals due that Freo game which we were clearly unlucky with injuries and poor umpiring late in the game.
Think Port will have incentive of a top 2 finish and home qualifying final. That’s a huge advantage if wanting to win a flag.

They’ll be doing it without Dan Houston that’s for sure.

Unfortunately I cant see any of the favourites losing today.

I mean,could they have given WB, Carlton and hawks any easier games today!!??

Only possible one could be the blues going down to West Coast, but even that's pretty unlikely

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Unfortunately I cant see any of the favourites losing today.

I mean,could they have given WB, Carlton and hawks any easier games today!!??

Only possible one could be the blues going down to West Coast, but even that's pretty unlikely

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
You say unfortunately but west coast are favourites to beat Carlton. Nothing unfortunate about that, my friend!!

Wouldn’t it be a dream if every team played each other once a year so it was actually an even draw. That would strip 5/6 rounds I know but still, it would be even, and you wouldn’t have teams having to verse 5 top 8 teams twice..ohh you can only dream. Maybe just adding this Tassie team and a NT team may achieve this. The more teams the less rounds we will have and the more even the comp could be

Wouldn’t it be a dream if every team played each other once a year so it was actually an even draw. That would strip 5/6 rounds I know but still, it would be even, and you wouldn’t have teams having to verse 5 top 8 teams twice..ohh you can only dream. Maybe just adding this Tassie team and a NT team may achieve this. The more teams the less rounds we will have and the more even the comp could be
Don’t reckon NT will ever get a team. Too small a market for the investment needed.

I’d be ok with going back to the 90s style draw. You play everyone once. Then you repeat until you’re out of rounds.

We didn’t play Richmond before we had played other teams twice.

Nah, the betting agencies are tipping WCE to win today.

............and you wouldn’t have teams having to verse 5 top 8 teams twice..ohh you can only dream. Maybe just adding this Tassie team and a NT team may achieve this. The more teams the less rounds we will have and the more even the comp could be
How does one team "verse" another team? Is verse now a verb? Sigh.

Think Port will have incentive of a top 2 finish and home qualifying final. That’s a huge advantage if wanting to win a flag.

They’ll be doing it without Dan Houston that’s for sure.
If Dogs beat GWS in Ballarat which they are favoured to do then top 2 will be a lock for them before their game

Always an upset or two at this time of year. Players start thinking a week or two ahead and bam an unexpected loss occurs. Despite all the cliches like one week at a time players are human. Here’s hoping.

Realistically for us to make finals, Carlton need to lose both games, Freo to lose next week and we need to beat Melbourne. Upshot would be we finish 8th and have to play Brisbane at the Gabba. Given that Geelong likely to finish 4th and hopefully lose to Sydney, then we play Geelong at the MCG if we upset Brisbane. Win that and a preliminary in Adelaide against Port assuming they beat GWS in first week. Beat Port and we play the GF against the winner of Sydney v GWS.

That is probably not a bad outcome for us, as Sydney and GWS are probably the best 2 in it, and having to beat only one of them is our best shot for an unlikely premiership.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like if north can somehow beat the dogs today, then there are in strife, with gws to follow.
The dogs and freo are shaky, and we are ready to pounce.

If this crazy season is anything to go by …

Carlton will limp across the line to give their long suffering deserving supporters one final sniff of hope.

North will beat Dogs

Richmond will thump Hawks by 100+ to make the comp think WTF?

Self destruct sequence: initiated

Warning Top Secret GIF by Laff

Remove this Banner Ad

Road to the Finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back