Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Really think they need to remove free agency compensation and change the requirements to be either restricted or unrestricted. Should be based off a number of things like new contract, games played that season, age etc.

There's always ways to match deals for restricted free agents by adjusting the cap.

It'd force the majority of restricted free agents into trades and lesser players who are unrestricted free agents can just move to who they like.

It kind of stinks better clubs can just bring in good players for nothing and the current system actively encourages the weaker clubs to let their players walk.
I think compo could still play a part they have a rolling 5-10 year period. Only the teams that are constantly getting raided and not topping up get access to it under the same sort of rules. No way should you be getting a heap of free agents that the rest of the comp pay for and one year you have a player leave you get compo.

The sting of 2024's failure is definitely mitigated by the prospect of Shai and Kozzy running around in purple together. It automatically gives us the most dangerous fwdline in the league - ****ing get it done Freo. Yeah, we'd be removing ourselves from the draft for the third consecutive year but we just have to do it.

The sting of 2024's failure is definitely mitigated by the prospect of Shai and Kozzy running around in purple together. It automatically gives us the most dangerous fwdline in the league - ****ing get it done Freo. Yeah, we'd be removing ourselves from the draft for the third consecutive year but we just have to do it.
Correction - the sting is not taken away by a "prospect". The sting will only be taken away if it becomes a reality.

1) Kozzy and his management have denied or watered down the rumours
2) that 2 of 4 mid sized small that would routinely towel us up that are now on our side.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Come on Kozzy make the trade request official so we can really start popping the champagne
Call me hopeful but leaking who your desired club is and the desired club knowing they are the desired club may as well as make it official. Same as Bolton a few weeks ago really

Re Possible retirement of Fyfe. He is obviously well past his best on this season’s showing. Probably very unlikely to show improvement next year .
I wonder how much the legacy he leaves will weigh on his mind? As time goes on there will be an ever increasing cohort of supporters for whom the Brownlow years of peak Fyfe will have come a distant memory or simply part of the club history.

Imagine having Bolton and Pickett changing between mid and forward!
Bolton centre clearance numbers are insane.
No September holidays for you lot for a while.

It's all down to Melbourne and Richmond now to play ball. They would be well within their rights to hold both players to the contracts. But if they don't want to be there what's to gain? Never a better time to cash in with all the picks we have.

The question is if Warner actually says he wants to come this trade period who are we rejecting of the 3 players?

It's all down to Melbourne and Richmond now to play ball. They would be well within their rights to hold both players to the contracts. But if they don't want to be there what's to gain? Never a better time to cash in with all the picks we have.

The question is if Warner actually says he wants to come this trade period who are we rejecting of the 3 players?
Warner isn't coming, we haven't got to a public stage with these two if Warner was a thing this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You won’t here anything about Warner until Syd season is done

🤞it’s in straight sets and things will get clearer
Here's how I think it's played out
  • Walls has been calling Pickett and Warner every day since Schultz went through. They were targets number 1 and 2 over this and next year from the start. We set everything up for these two
  • Warner seemed / seems keen but Pickett was a hard sell until Melbourne start to fall apart. Sydney tell us repeatedly "over my dead ****ing body"
  • Baker says, I'm coming back, but we know from previous chats we are unlikely, we throw the hat in the ring anyway because adding Baker this year is better than adding nothing if it all falls through
  • Bolton calls, "Wallsy, this place sucks, can I come over there"
  • "Woah, yeah, your pretty good but we have this thing with The Cha..."
  • "Kozzie said he'll come as well if I do"
  • "Chad who? Welcome to Freo Shai"

There is no way in hell we have the currency to get Bolton, Koz & Warner done this year.

And that's before Rivers sees Koz leave and want to tag along as well.

And there's still a chance Baker flips back again.

Fuuuuuuuuuu.....

There is no way in hell we have the currency to get Bolton, Koz & Warner done this year.

And that's before Rivers sees Koz leave and want to tag along as well.

And there's still a chance Baker flips back again.

Fuuuuuuuuuu.....
Gotta find the room for Schache and Vic Matt Johnson as well

Don't think I've refreshed pages and checked the AFL website this much for aeons. Goddammit!!

Fluff you football, as one Corlene might exclaim just when I thought I was 'out', you pulled me back in....effs sake! :tearsofjoy:

Regarding having the currency for Warner if we trade our first round picks this year and next for Bolton and Pickett, as we will see this season - the only thing that really matters is the player's nomination.

But it does make this offseason a lot better that Treacy has already been signed long term or he would be the player both clubs seek to swap for theirs.

Speaking of Treacy, he was nearly out the door last year.

Had a Walters style talking to (same as Lobb, Logue etc.) and it didn't go down too well to begin with.

His off-season and on-season would indicate the message got through.

If Darcy is in the same boat, and the message isn't getting through, shrugs

Ladies and Gents,

In light of the information that has come out over the past 24 hours, may I present to you.. Operation Trinity.

View attachment 2095742

Pickett 2025
Bolton 2025
Warner 2026
For that, I think we have to keep our F1 intact even ignoring the salary. Not sure how we can do it unless we hand over a decent player and both teams take reasonable deals. I'm basically valuing both players as the same value.

Pick 9 + Pick 27 + Player?
Pick 10 + Pick 17 (hopefully ends up 14)

Who ever deals first can take their pick of the two deals.

I think I'm happy to forgot the Chad if we get those two though.

For that, I think we have to keep our F1 intact even ignoring the salary. Not sure how we can do it unless we hand over a decent player and both teams take reasonable deals. I'm basically valuing both players as the same value.

Pick 9 + Pick 27 + Player?
Pick 10 + Pick 17 (hopefully ends up 14)

Who ever deals first can take their pick of the two deals.

I think I'm happy to forgot the Chad if we get those two though.
If Trac is out,

Maybe Pick 9 + Pick 27 + Swit + Brodie?

Here's how I think it's played out
  • Walls has been calling Pickett and Warner every day since Schultz went through. They were targets number 1 and 2 over this and next year from the start. We set everything up for these two
  • Warner seemed / seems keen but Pickett was a hard sell until Melbourne start to fall apart. Sydney tell us repeatedly "over my dead ****ing body"
  • Baker says, I'm coming back, but we know from previous chats we are unlikely, we throw the hat in the ring anyway because adding Baker this year is better than adding nothing if it all falls through
  • Bolton calls, "Wallsy, this place sucks, can I come over there"
  • "Woah, yeah, your pretty good but we have this thing with The Cha..."
  • "Kozzie said he'll come as well if I do"
  • "Chad who? Welcome to Freo Shai"
See Snuff, this is why we need you writing our trade period adventures again.

Please Please Cat GIF by Guldhart

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back