• Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So hypothetically.

Would we swap Brodie + R2 + R3 for Tim Kelly + R4 if West coast took on all of Brodie's wage and some of Kelly's?

He is 30 but the bigger problem is I don't think he'd what we really need in there. For salary paid would also probably need a late first at least
Would push fyfe to sub.

I don't think this is a chance btw. I was told he asked, and we said no.

Just curious.

Would push fyfe to sub.

I don't think this is a chance btw. I was told he asked, and we said no.

Just curious.
Yeah but Kelly is an offensive mid moving past his prime, with Bolton, we really need a support, do the hard yards type.

It's obviously never happening anyway like you said haha.

Midfield Gone New
He is 30 but the bigger problem is I don't think he'd what we really need in there. For salary paid would also probably need a late first at least

With NOD and Erasmus gone, and Johnson seeking potential trade options, Kelly would be an awesome get.

With NOD and Erasmus gone, and Johnson seeking potential trade options, Kelly would be an awesome get.
Yeah but we are obviously kicking out every young mid we have to get Bailey Smith so it's a bit overkill

Every year we hear certain things about the draft but it's reasonably similar most years IMO.

Pick 50 might be as good as pick 40 in other years but the way they're talking you'd swear there's 60 players that'd go in the top 20 last year. I'm not buying it

Most drafts aren't normally similar. They vary greatly.

"West Coast would be open to trading its No. 3 pick to Richmond if it secures Liam Baker with all options open as both WA clubs await an official decision on the Tigers vice-captain.

The depth of the draft means the Eagles might be prepared to accept a pick back later in the top 10 if they secure their man."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they get 3 for Baker WTF are they gonna expect for Bolton
It's most likely they do a trade with us first and secure pick 9, which they then swap with West Coast. They would still have to sweeten that further IMO, pick 3 value is > than Baker + 9 (which will actually be like 11 or 12 on the night).

Every year we hear certain things about the draft but it's reasonably similar most years IMO.

Pick 50 might be as good as pick 40 in other years but the way they're talking you'd swear there's 60 players that'd go in the top 20 last year. I'm not buying it personally.

I don't think it's a super draft, but I do think it's a value draft. As DragoDelph said, I look at this draft in groups.

Group 1 - picks 1 to 10
Group 2 - picks 11 to 30
Group 3 - the rest

I think the sweet spot for value is in that second round, where you could potentially get a guy you rate top 15 at pick 30. But I do think there'll also be decent players picked up late or as rookies.

My main argument is to not trade in players to line up at Peel, no Josh Corbett deals this year. And that if you're 50/50 on an uncontracted player, then to let them go and try again - don't just whack someone on the rookie list for the sake of having another year. Guys like Kuek and Stanley may have potential, but I'd be backing my scouts to find someone this year.

Really, I just want 4 or so picks across both drafts.

Considering Season 3 GIF by Portlandia

Perhaps WC will pay Graham (26yrs) enough to secure Richmond pick #2 in free agency compensation and WC get our pick back from the Bolton trade. Three years at $1m, then extend for two years at $100,000 each next year.

Rich Out: Bolton, Graham, Baker
Rich In: #2, #4, #17
So WC are: out pick 3, in Graham, Baker, 9?

Exactly.

And Freo are in: Bolton, out: #9 (#10)(#11) and #17 (#18)(#19) (depending on compensation picks Graham/Battle)
We'll give WC Brodie just to even it out a bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back