Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This scenario reminds me of Brisbane lions a couple of years ago. Had one pick in R1 at about 16 or 17. Had will Ashcroft and jaspa Fletcher as academy guns in the top 12 of the ND to match bids on.
THEN Josh Dunkley nominated them. A premium mid worth two first rounders in most people’s books.

They got it done somehow.
Players don’t request trades unless there’s strong commitment it will get over the line.
We traded into this year. We've been talking up getting aggressive re trades in the media. I'll bet we've known about both for some time.

This is an opportunity too good to pass up. The only way it doesn't happen is if their clubs won't release them.

Snuffaluphagus and some others said here yesterday that Switkowski was on $600k.

On what planet would Shai Bolton and Sam Switkowski have the same salary? 🤔
That article was about his previous contract, it's from 2021 when he extended his contract to the end 2023. 16 months later he then signed his big five year contract suggested to be worth $6 million. I've seen some reports that this contract was back ended and in the coming years he could be on $1.3 million.

We traded into this year. We've been talking up getting aggressive re trades in the media. I'll bet we've known about both for some time.

This is an opportunity too good to pass up. The only way it doesn't happen is if their clubs won't release them.
We must have plenty of cash if we were into Logan, Baker, Warner, Bolton and Pickett. Like you say behind the scenes clubs know about these things well before it gets out in the media.

On another note, little birdy told me today that he trains Jaren Carr (son of Matthew Carr) and that Freo are extremely interested in picking him up this year. Anyone else heard of that? Wouldn't say he's too impressive but haven't actually watched him

Screenshot 2024-08-29 202019.png

From the Wikipedia website. This could be some kind of mental voodoo magic if this goes through:

"...Pickett was selected by Melbourne with the 12th overall pick in the 2019 AFL Draft which it received from Fremantle. Pickett was the club's second pick taken by Melbourne behind Luke Jackson...."

If he comes, talk about weird stars aligning. Oh god I hope it's true, but either way.....I'm having so much fun :tearsofjoy:

Your arguments are not grounded in reality. Are you really comparing him to Cyril? I thought Cyril was over rated in the media and I don't think you would find many people who would think they are close to the same value.

Please leave the board.
Yes. Pickett stacks up in every regard to Cyril. He's kicked more goals than Rankine. Basically his numbers stack up equal or better to the best small forwards of the game. He's a 23 year old Shai Bolton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Operation Trinity is a go.

The salary cap isn't an issue, there's plenty of cap space to go around. Wallsy extended Banners' contract on the proviso that he would shower Bolton and Pickett with Willie Creek pearls.
I read this up to "shower" and honestly had no idea where you were going with it.

Bailey Banfield for Pickett and two 1sts. Final offer.

I'm not a JOM hater, but we need guys to go past him, just like they have gone past Aish.

In 2025, we need guys like NOD and Erasmus to improve so that it is a total non-issue that they get picked before JOM on pure merit.

Now that would be progress.
I honestly think Aish would be better than JOM in his role.

On another note, little birdy told me today that he trains Jaren Carr (son of Matthew Carr) and that Freo are extremely interested in picking him up this year. Anyone else heard of that? Wouldn't say he's too impressive but haven't actually watched him

View attachment 2096158

I have watched him play down at Souths a few times. He goes OK but not AFL standard from what I saw.

The more I see the Willie Creek pearls joke with Banfield, the more I believe it is going to be recognized in time as being up there with that crazy trade time gag about another team receiving a packet of chips if they take a player off their hands.

screw it lets get rioli, bolton and pickett

Infinity War Avengers GIF by Marvel Studios

Erasmus is the one that could unlock things IMO

If we can somehow get a 2nd for him then we can bundle that with 27 and our 4th rounder to get a pick off teams who need points (GC, Brissy?)

Erasmus would be surplus to needs, (I also think we would lose Johnson in a couple years too in this scenario, cap space will get tight in a few years)

I know people want Ras in Fyfes role but a mixture of Bolton/Johnson/Noddy and Pickett in a pinch can easily cover Fyfes inside minutes. There simply won't be enough midfield time to go around.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back