Preview QF2 Geelong v Port Adelaide Thursday Sept 5 2024 @ AO 7:40 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Show a bit of class, you only get one farewell game.

Did someone say, "Farewell Tour"?????

john farnham arias GIF by Australian Recording Industry Association

Got to say, I'm liking the stability.

Same

I know that our round 24 team was "only" WCE, but no one that played that match put a foot wrong and I'd be happy to us to in unchanged for tomorrow night

I know there's still a lot to play out before then, but I like the faith shown even if it's just for tonight

I'm actually really pleased for Bews- written off but knows how to work like a trouper. Meets targets we know nothing about. Plus hugely motivated so he doesn't get subbed, and proved a great back up considering SDK looks like he hasn't come up. Go well Jedi, just keep the OBF's to zilch.
Meets targets we know nothing about.
Having watched him play a lot of VFL this year I am none the wiser about these targets you mention. He must be doing a lot of the stuff that goes unnoticed by the untrained eye. That's why we have the match committee who have great wisdom and see all.

Wow catempire was right about SDK.

Personally think it is total madness unless they think he is not fully right with that knee. Could be an end of season operation situation.

So I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

I have a bit more respect for Dixon and Esava than some here. They have huge height and weight advantage on our defence.

But if they are kicking goals there will be problems further up the field.

I think we will give this a crack but fall a few goals short.

Did someone say, "Farewell Tour"?????

john farnham arias GIF by Australian Recording Industry Association
286cm Jed is a man of the people. He's going to all the premier spots to say his goodbyes.

Why else would a boy from Geelong (& QLD!!) choose to have his farewells in the metropolitan juggernauts (and Geelong spiritual homes) that are Adelaide & Hobart?

It's never about Jed, he's always looking at the bigger picture. Always looking after the little guy.

That's why we love him :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having watched him play a lot of VFL this year I am none the wiser about these targets you mention. He must be doing a lot of the stuff that goes unnoticed by the untrained eye. That's why we have the match committee who have great wisdom and see all.

I learned about these instructions/ targets a long while ago, from a player who is now in whipping boy land.
Suffice to say we don't know everything, they are secret squirrel for a reason.
I'll also say that many losses are caused by not sticking to the game plan.

Same

I know that our round 24 team was "only" WCE, but no one that played that match put a foot wrong and I'd be happy to us to in unchanged for tomorrow night

I know there's still a lot to play out before then, but I like the faith shown even if it's just for tonight
We played a team that was clearly not interested in playing in the first half. The score at half time was embarrassing for them and they increased their effort in the second half. As a matter of fact they outscored Geelong in the second half and Geelong looked less than convincing. If you are using that game to conclude we have found our perfect team then you are living in lala land.

We played a team that was clearly not interested in playing in the first half. The score at half time was embarrassing for them and they increased their effort in the second half. As a matter of fact they outscored Geelong in the second half and Geelong looked less than convincing. If you are using that game to conclude we have found our perfect team then you are living in lala land.
Yeah 15 goal win, terribly disappointing 🙄

I learned about these instructions/ targets a long while ago, from a player who is now in whipping boy land.
Suffice to say we don't know everything, they are secret squirrel for a reason.
I'll also say that many losses are caused by not sticking to the game plan.
Mitchell admitted as much on 360 last night - get rid of the "er" - no need to go quicker , harder, longer, faster.....
Doing that makes you less predictable , play your role and play to the game plan - trust that to get the job done.
Hate to admit it but I do admire Sam and cough , cough - like watching the Hawks...................

No-one has claimed a 'perfect team'.

Yes, they outscored us, but we had to change strategy given we were several guys down and didn't want to risk more injury.

very true- watching that game live at Geelong, we left feeling very hollow; yet again another second half fade-out, against a woeful team this time. Our bench was thin with 2 off injured, but still, it was not a performance to base anything on.
Fortunately, any momentum any team had was eroded by the week off- that gives me some hope.

Never said we've found our perfect team - yours is the first post I've seen use that terminology

It's simply that I'm not unhappy with keeping the stability from our last match, and I've been saying since before the end of our VFL match in Saturday that I expected us to be unchanged on Wednesday night

Yeah 15 goal win, terribly disappointing 🙄
not the point though when the team was 100 up at half time! Whether we took the foot off, or the depleted bench, that game was virtually meaningless other than some % gain, and the 4 points, which is always nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back