Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

His first Brownlow was deserved - he was immense that year. His second Brownlow...
It was a make up, for losing to Cripps the year before, when he had a significantly better season than his first Brownlow season, and Cripps got off of his ban for almost killing Ah Chee on a legal technicality.

Genuine question, not 'aving a laugh, but dose a delisted player like Matt Taberner still count as a listed player?

I would assume so, as he's is probably still considered on the Freo list for this season.
Playing contracts expire on October 31 I’m pretty sure. He’s still on the list until then, ‘being de-listed’ simply means he isn’t getting a new contract once his current one expires.

Priddis should be a dual brownlow winner if not for the gutless league bitching out of suspending a certain despite multiple incidents.

His follow-up year was far better than his winning year too.

The counter-argument is that he's probably lucky to have one medal as he wasn't ever the best player in the comp.

I feel pretty similar about Neale tbh. Fantastic footballer, elite, but the idea that he could be a 3-time Brownlow medal winner at the end of the night really boggles my mind.

Especially when Bont has 0.

The counter-argument is that he's probably lucky to have one medal as he wasn't ever the best player in the comp.

I feel pretty similar about Neale tbh. Fantastic footballer, elite, but the idea that he could be a 3-time Brownlow medal winner at the end of the night really boggles my mind.

Bont's not consistent enough over an entire season.

The fault of that lays squarely on Beveridge's feet though. Stuffs him around a fair bit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hence why I stopped watching the brownlow years ago.

There certainly would be a very small cohort that would rate Neale (good though he is) as remotely close to as good a player as Bont.

And I doubt that even very few Brisbane supporters wouldn't swap Neale for Bont in a heartbeat.

Opening monologue for the Brownlow and they’ve already chucked in a 125 year GF repeat

The two northern states competing in a GF should be something for the AFL to actually celebrate but they still have to drag it back to a Victorian reference point

they just can’t let it go. Like who gives a **** about the 1959 nba team the Cincinnati Royals. I’ll tell you who. Nobody!

If the afl want to get new fans then celebrate the most recent events. Don’t think anybody really cares about matches 125 years ago or if Essendon have won 16 vfl flags.

There certainly would be a very small cohort that would rate Neale (good though he is) as remotely close to as good a player as Bont.

And I doubt that even very few Brisbane supporters wouldn't swap Neale for Bont in a heartbeat.

Sorry Neale is a vastly superior player to Bomt over a length of time.. Neale can string a consistent season together… Bont has the odd stand out game but then is average for the next couple of weeks…

Bont is a bigger match winner no doubt but Neale is the better player.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back